4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

11 hours ago, kallend said:

Have a feeling this will end up being political retaliation by the DOJ.

Burr until a few minutes ago was the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee which is about to release their report after a three year investigation affirming that Russia helped Trump get elected.

A federal appeals court ruled to allow an emoluments lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of violating the U.S. Constitution by accepting money from foreign governments at his Washington hotel to proceed after his attorneys attempted to have the case dismissed.

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals voted 9-6 to reject Trump’s motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by the attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia, accusing the president of violating the emoluments clauses of the Constitution.

Just another brick in the wall.

Back to proving he's not just habitually abusing the office but he's a plain old arsehole on a personal level too.

After his mad tweets about Lori Klausutis her widower wrote to Twitter asking them to delete the messages, saying Trump's conspiracy theories, bile and misinformation had perverted the memory of his dead wife for political gain. When asked about the letter Trump didnt apologise, retract, delete the tweets, or even spend a moment thinking about the pain he was pointlessly causing to the friends and family of a woman who never lifted a finger against him - he just doubled down with lie on top of lie saying that he'd read the widower's letter and was sure he wanted to get to the bottom of the very suspicious situation.

Narcissistic, sociopathic fucking wanker who has no concept of the boundaries between fiction and reality.

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/29/trump-ally-stone-must-surrender-to-prison-by-june-30-wont-need-to-go-to-quarantine-site-288511

If this continues as it should, I will be doing a silent celebration on 30 Jun 20.

Jerry Baumchen

He'll be pardoned by the 29th. If they wanted him to spend a day in lockup they should have marched him straight there from the courtroom. Well, surely they should have done that anyway but hey ho.

8 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

One has to ask, 'What took them so long?'

Jerry Baumchen

Unfortunately King is but a symptom of Iowa voters natural inclinations. The stop sign is now gone. But an alert voter would know to stop when they see a crossroad like him again.

23 hours ago, ryoder said:

On the upside, the election wasn't even close.

But on the downside, apparently 36% of Iowa voters are still deplorables.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 07.06.51.png

19 hours ago, billvon said:

Or to use Trump's term - very fine people.

Which is worse overt racism or the kind that trump supporters are more apt to adhere to. Church on Sunday and Aunt Jemima jokes Sunday night?

Dunno, Turtle. This is mostly corrupt politicians; yours is a venal, shallow, asshole who's got no enthusiasm for the job any more. None of those are good qualities, but not sure they're as bad as corrupt, either. He may also be corrupt, but that article doesn't say anything -- just that he doesn't give a shit any more about anything but keeping his job.

Wendy P.

45 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Dunno, Turtle. This is mostly corrupt politicians; yours is a venal, shallow, asshole who's got no enthusiasm for the job any more. None of those are good qualities, but not sure they're as bad as corrupt, either. He may also be corrupt, but that article doesn't say anything -- just that he doesn't give a shit any more about anything but keeping his job.

Wendy P.

This thread has a myriad of different "wrongness".

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Does Propaganda Pollyanna qualify as a "politician"?

Kayleigh McEnany may have committed voter fraud by claiming parent’s Florida address when living in DC: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/kayleigh-mcenany-may-have-committed-voter-fraud-by-claiming-parents-florida-address-when-living-in-dc-report/

Maybe she should get the same result as the Texas woman did.  Unlike the Texas woman, I'm pretty sure that McEnany was fully aware that she was voting illegally.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/us/texas-woman-voter-fraud.html

(edited)
3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Stephen King (the writer) reacts to primary loss by Steve King (the politician):

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 14.40.43.png

At my last employer, over the years there were two others who shared the exact same name as me - one pre-existing in a much higher role, and one in sales who arrived after I did and left after a year or so. I rerouted many many emails that weren't intended for my eyes.

When I found out the higher-up one was leaving also (as always, in an email that was misaddressed to me lol), I made sure to send him a farewell gift:

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by mistercwood