4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

kallend

She has withdrawn from the race: http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180814/melissa-howard-reverses-course-drops-out-of-race-after-degree-scandal

I'm guessing it is because she is anticipating an appointment to the Trump administration.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would like to apologize to my family and my supporters for this situation," said the Monday post. "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service.

So she lies about having a degree, she forces a paper to retract a story saying she didn't have a degree, she forges a diploma to prve she has a degree, and she calls honest reporters liars and purveyors of 'fake news' for telling the truth about the situation.

But she didn't intend to mislead anyone, it was all an honest mistake.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

kallend

***. . . .breitbart . . .

:D:D:D:D:D:D

So the story is false?

Lol

So much for you being honest:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

I would like to apologize to my family and my supporters for this situation," said the Monday post. "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service.

So she lies about having a degree, she forces a paper to retract a story saying she didn't have a degree, she forges a diploma to prve she has a degree, and she calls honest reporters liars and purveyors of 'fake news' for telling the truth about the situation.

But she didn't intend to mislead anyone, it was all an honest mistake.

She must have taken lessons from Sarah Sanders.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>She must have taken lessons from Sarah Sanders.

Sarah Sanders actually sort of apologized for one of her lies! Rare to see that from a Trumpie.

Lie: This President, since he took office, in the year and a half that he's been here, has created 700,000 new jobs for African-Americans. That's 700,000 African-Americans that are working now that weren't working when this President took place. When President Obama left, after eight years in office, he had only created 195,000 jobs for African-Americans.

(Actual number for Obama was 3 million.)

Apology: Jobs numbers for Pres Trump and Pres Obama were correct, but the time frame for Pres Obama wasn’t. I’m sorry for the mistake, but no apologies for the 700,000 jobs for African Americans created under President Trump.

So yeah, not much of an apology, but small steps. Good for her.

Today's scumbag politician - Duncan Hunter, a congressman from my neck of the woods.

It is too late to remove him from the ballot, but nowadays the GOP running someone indicted for corruption isn't even that noteworthy. I can just see his campaign now:

"At least I'm not an actual Nazi!"
"Vote for me - I'm smart enough to work the system. Usually."
"Fewer indictments than Manafort!"
"Hey, what else could they find?" (OK that one could backfire)
"PLEASE vote for me! I'm not on the pardon list."

====================
Rep. Duncan Hunter, wife indicted on corruption charges in California
Paulina Dedaj
Fox News

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., and his wife, Margaret, were indicted on charges of illegally converting $250,000 in campaign funds for personal expenses and filing false records, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

In response, House Speaker Paul Ryan said Tuesday evening that he would remove the congressman from all committee assignments for the time being, calling the charges against Hunter “deeply serious.”

Among the allegations named in the 48-page indictment included instances between 2009 and 2016 when Hunter and his wife used campaign funds to pay for family vacations to Italy and Hawaii, school tuition, dental work, and even domestic and international travel for almost a dozen relatives, according to a press release from the Southern District of California’s U.S. Attorney’s Office.
======================

jclalor

***Yup, the first two congressmen who supported Trump have both now been indicted.....

I’m half tempted to see who the third was.

This looks at the first 5 of them and where they are now :)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/duncan-hunter-chris-collins-trump-caucus/index.html
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Duncan Hunter does the principled, responsible thing and . . . blames his wife for everything he did.

========================
Duncan Hunter says "whatever" his wife did will be reviewed, but "I didn't do it"

KATHRYN WATSO
CBS NEWS
August 24, 2018

Indicted Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter pointed to his also-indicted wife during an interview on Fox News Thursday, claiming "whatever she did, that'll be looked at, too." Hunter and his wife, Margaret, are accused of illegally using $250,000 in campaign funds for personal use.

They pleaded not guilty in federal court in San Diego Thursday afternoon. Hunter blames "pure politics" and the "Democrats' arm of law enforcement" of the Justice Department for the charges against him. In the Fox interview, Hunter said his wife has long handled the finances, and worked as his campaign manager.

"When I went away to Iraq in 2003, the first time, I gave her power of attorney," Hunter told Fox News. "She handled my finances throughout my entire military career and that continued on when I got into Congress. ... She was also the campaign manager so whatever she did, that'll be looked at too, I'm sure, but I didn't do it."
==========================

"It wasn't me. I . . I had the wrong credit card. I forgot my checkbook. It was my wife. I was away. It was the campaign. It was whatever she did. No, it was the democrats! I SWEAR TO GOD, I DIDN'T DO IT!"

This one is just incredible:

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/26/arizona-senate-candidate-suggests-mccain-timed-his-pre-death-announcement-hurt-her-campaign/?utm_term=.3acb1b8ef453

I'm sure messing with her campaign was at the foremost of the McCain family's thoughts last week.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

This one is just incredible:

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/26/arizona-senate-candidate-suggests-mccain-timed-his-pre-death-announcement-hurt-her-campaign/?utm_term=.3acb1b8ef453

I'm sure messing with her campaign was at the foremost of the McCain family's thoughts last week.

Ward did not dispute the notion and said in reply: “I think they
wanted to have a particular narrative that they hope is negative
to me."

And now, there is such a narrative.

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

a sad caricature of a decent human being

What I cannot wrap my head around is how John Kelly, a decorated, retired Marine general, can continue to work for this dufus.

Jerry Baumchen

On the other hand every time someone like him leaves they're replaced with a patsy. I hope he stays there as long as possible in lieu of yet another yes-man.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

kallend

Even IF you think something as detestable as this, simple, basic human decency and decorum should suggest to you that you don't actually say it to anyone; let alone tweet it to the world, let alone do it the day after the man's death.

I give it a day before Ward denies she said it, says something about 'respecting McCain as a strong opponent' and has an underling fall on their sword.

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

a sad caricature of a decent human being

What I cannot wrap my head around is how John Kelly, a decorated, retired Marine general, can continue to work for this dufus.

Jerry Baumchen

I've often wondered the same of Sec. Mattis, but knowing him, I more believe SecDef is staying in place as long as possible to serve as a shield.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

More on Hunter:

He has of course blamed his wife for all the spending at this point. She "handled the finances." “Whatever she did, that will be looked at, too, I’m sure.”

He continues to protest his innocence. “I didn’t do it. I didn’t spend any money illegally.” Why is he in trouble then? A “deep state” conspiracy, of course. Except I thought he just said it was his wife. Is she part of the conspiracy too?

But even if he claims that, he's still got problems. On March 4, 2016, he spent $462.46 in campaign funds for 30 shots of tequila and a steak in Washington, DC. Even if his wife is part of the deep state conspiracy, she was in California at the time, and he was in DC.

Still, I bet he doesn't lose much support. The GOP's culture of corruption makes all of this acceptable.