4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

Following in the footsteps of the master.

Unfortunately there is no extradition treaty with Brazil. But even if there wasn't the GOP would pass protective legislation to protect their poster boy.

In other news Outgoing Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro landed in Florida on Friday,

Florida moves to restrict what schools can teach about systemic racism

Florida, its no wonder trump moved there.

On 1/14/2023 at 2:31 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

If you are going to go, go big:  charged with 52 counts of voter fraud

Iowa REPUBLICAN official's wife charged with 52 counts of voter fraud : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

Or:
George Santos accused of swindling disabled veteran and letting his dog die: reportSantos denied that he took $3,000 he raised for the dog's cancer surgery despite text message evidence

Because there was another republican who cheated and stole from charities.So Santos was rewarded House Republican leadership placed Representative George Santos on two committees,

Time to bring banana back into the discussion.

14 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

No kidding. Of course, I'll point a finger at the depraved Republicans in congress, and fairly I think. But given they are Americans, too, the stench is on us all. Just for snorts and giggles, can anyone name any Democrats in the last say 50 years who were as openly fraudulent as Santos, crazy like Boebert, or incredibly ignorant like Greene or Gosar?

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

No kidding. Of course, I'll point a finger at the depraved Republicans in congress, and fairly I think. But given they are Americans, too, the stench is on us all. Just for snorts and giggles, can anyone name any Democrats in the last say 50 years who were as openly fraudulent as Santos, crazy like Boebert, or incredibly ignorant like Greene or Gosar?

Governor Rod R.  Blagojevich of Illinois.   What do I win?

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Governor Rod R.  Blagojevich of Illinois.   What do I win?

"Sentence commuted February 18, 2020 by President Donald Trump" I was wrong about trump. He is bipartisan. I was always under the assumption that Rod was just a run of the mill criminal. But not batshit crazy like MTG.

25 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

"Sentence commuted February 18, 2020 by President Donald Trump" I was wrong about trump. He is bipartisan. I was always under the assumption that Rod was just a run of the mill criminal. But not batshit crazy like MTG.

Yep, but he did serve in Congress so on a technicality the Professor wins a cookie?

In Israel the SC ordered" that a senior member of premier Benjamin Netanyahu's newly formed government cannot serve as minister due to a recent tax evasion conviction."

I can see it now. The USSC orders that MTG be put in as VP! Ok, ok MTG put in charge of the Finance committee.

"The decision was slammed by Prime Minister Netanyahu's coalition, which vowed to push ahead with controversial measures that would weaken the Supreme Court and its power to strike down legislation."

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I can see it now. The USSC orders that MTG be put in as VP! Ok, ok MTG put in charge of the Finance committee.

I love it!  Matt Gaetz as head of family and human services.  He can review cases involving underage girls.  George Santos as head of the House Ethics Committee.  And perhaps on the Armed Services committee; since his grandfather was Czar of Russia, maybe he can call in some family contacts and end the war.

Although you'd think they'd want MTG to spend some time with the Space Force getting those giant Jewish space lasers under control.

• Like 1

As the Russian Duma votes to keep its members tax affairs confidential, there's plemty of the same going on here. 

Nadhim Zahawi was briefly Chancellor of the Exchequer last year (in charge of all the nation's money including revenue), while it now turns out he was negotiating a massive tax settlement and penalty for non payment with the revenue service. So 20 years ago he founded a company, and every single one of his shares in that company were registered as belonging to Balshore Investments, an offshore company run by his non-domiciled father - both things that provide a clear pathway to UK tax exemption if his father actually owned the shares. Then, when Zahawi sold nearly thirty million pounds worth of shares in that business he decided not to pay any tax whatsoever on the proceeds until HMRC noticed and said 'hang on - that actually belongs to you and now you owe us a lot of money'. Now that it's become public Zahawi is pretending that it was all a completely innocent mistake, as if trying to cheat the nation out of millions of pounds in tax was not the entire point of the corporate structure he chose in the first place. Bonus points - at the time he repeatedly threatened to sue anyone reporting the absolute truth that he was under investigation over unpaid tax and facing a massive penalty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64410490

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, Phil1111 said:

If Santos had a shred of decency he'd resign.

If the House GOP had a shred of integrity it would expel him.

Looks like Justice is getting involved, however.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/01/27/santos-doj-investigation-fec/

1 hour ago, kallend said:

If Santos had a shred of decency he'd resign.

If the House GOP had a shred of integrity it would expel him.

Looks like Justice is getting involved, however.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/01/27/santos-doj-investigation-fec/

Did you see the interview with the ex-BF of Santos?

When asked if he thought Santos might resign, his response was something like:

"He has always craved fame and power; He would never resign."

32 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I hope you are sitting down for this: Devolder/Santos/Ravache (or whatever his real name is), may have lied about the source of his campaign money.

Mother Jones: We Tried to Call the Top Donors to George Santos’ 2020 Campaign. Many Don’t Seem to Exist.

Hi Robert,

Not to worry, Kevin McCarthy is keeping him. *

Jerry Baumchen

* Santos & McCarthy =  Birds of a feather

42 minutes ago, lippy said:

Don’t drag us Canadians into it!!!  

I thought that Trudeau should have resigned when he took a free vacation from "The Trudeau Report, a holiday adventure in which Prime Minister Justin Trudeau accepts a free Christmas vacation for family and friends at the luxurious private Caribbean island of the Aga Khan. Plot twist: The Ethics Commissioner finds that Mr. Trudeau violated three sections of the Conflict of Interest Act."

Imagine if the US had a "Ethics Commissioner"?^.^