4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

28 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You are of the opinion that Biden does not understand this issue? That he is not awake to it? At the moment the biggest impact on your nation from it is political. You have not been harmed. 

Funny that Billeisel never mentioned that Trump didn't understand the issue.

Here's what the LIbertarian Cato Institute has to say about Trump on immigration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-reduced-legal-immigration-he-did-not-reduce-illegal-immigration

1 hour ago, kallend said:

So how come you didn't praise Obama then, for deporting more illegal immigrants than any previous administration OR Trump?  Could it be . . . .  hypocrisy?

Perhaps he bought the "wall" hook, line and sinker? Even believes that Mexico paid for it?

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Nah.

It's abundantly clear he buys the Fox crap about the "Crisis At The Border", which is a big bunch of bullshit.

Yeah. FOX has had "Crisis at the Border" as a dog whistle for republicans since the end of the civil war. April 5, 2018, National Review the official publication of conservatives: The Nonexistent Border Crisis "Having a president who watches cable news may have its advantages in terms of his being in touch with the zeitgeist. But the lesson for President Donald Trump this week is that not every upsetting thing that you see on Fox News is a national crisis or even something that will help you politically."

7 hours ago, billeisele said:

If you mean waking up and recognizing what's occurring at the border and how it's impacting the country, that's a great thought.

How is impacting YOU?  Keeping food prices lower than you like?  Contributing too much to US government?  Making the country too brown?  How, exactly, are YOU negatively affected by what's happening at the border?  (Not what FOX News said - I mean how it impacts YOU.)

4 hours ago, billvon said:

How is impacting YOU?  Keeping food prices lower than you like?  Contributing too much to US government?  Making the country too brown?  How, exactly, are YOU negatively affected by what's happening at the border?  (Not what FOX News said - I mean how it impacts YOU.)

It's a good thing laws aren't made with the caveat of "how is it impacting you?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

It's a good thing laws aren't made with the caveat of "how is it impacting you?"

Unfortunately for republicans, they are also not made based on Tucker Carlson's misinformation about the border.

This reminds me of the stories of how Portland was a hellhole, a burned out shell of a city after the occupation by vandals and thieves.  Then I went there a few months afterwards.  No difference.  Almost as if all the stories were lies to push a political agenda!  Imagine that.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

Ah, a believer in punishing victimless crimes. 

For fellow white republicans, anything. For the tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to Mexico. To be preyed upon by the cartels, the traffickers.

Its not only America where FOX racism holds sway. How the Murdoch Press Keeps Australia’s Dirty Secret His monopoly ensures that racism for a white majority advantage. Is endlessly promoted.

11 hours ago, airdvr said:

I’m not entirely sure you know what the word caveat means, because I can’t really make out what you’re trying to say here.

Anyway, I would say that making laws without any regard for how people are impacted by them is not something to aim for.

11 hours ago, billvon said:

Unfortunately for republicans, they are also not made based on Tucker Carlson's misinformation about the border.

This reminds me of the stories of how Portland was a hellhole, a burned out shell of a city after the occupation by vandals and thieves.  Then I went there a few months afterwards.  No difference.  Almost as if all the stories were lies to push a political agenda!  Imagine that.

I don't know what more infuriating.

The idiotic propaganda that is being spread by the 'alt-right'...

Or the fact that so many fools fall for it.

• Like 1

Mr. Santos's standing within the GOP is skyrocketing according to FOX. He spent campaign funds on $40,000 worth of air travel. Cleaner 123, his personal company, over  four months,received nearly $11,000 from the campaign of George Santos. It was his personal residence for which he claimed it was used by campaign staff. There are also dozens of expenses pegged at $199.99 — one cent below the threshold at which federal law requires receipts. "When reached by phone, a representative from Cleaner 123 confirmed that it was a cleaning company, but hung up before answering why it had received rent payments from Mr. Santos."

Upon watching the positive reviews of Mr. Santos on FOX. trump immediately considered hiring him as his new accountant. The GOP financial committee toasted him with a round of stiff Kentucky bourbon. Supplied free to the committee by constituents of its senator.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Mr. Santos's standing within the GOP is skyrocketing according to FOX.

Four tweets from Mr Santos over the course of a year.  Bolding added.

===============================
A quick correction for you. I was infected with Covid in February 2020 and tested positive at Elmhurst hospital in March 7th there was no pandemic then. I was caught my surprise and took this plague serious very early on. Plenty of media to prove this. 

Also true story and you can google it, the day I went in to get tested at Elmhurst I was tv in the isolation ward DeBlasio and Pelosi were telling people to go to China town and to the movies, "it's no more than a common cold" they said. That was March 4th the test date. 

I can't step out since the 9th of March since I became sick and tested positive for Covid19. 

I had it myself and can guarantee (tested positive) you that I was very sick from March 7th to March 14th. Funny thing though is that my fiancé living inside the same 1600 sf apartment did NOT get it! So yeah I think it's pretty exaggerated. The numbers don't add up! 
===============

• Like 1

So Kari Lake lost her election, then she lost her lawsuit trying to stop her opponent from taking office.  Hobbs then sued Lake for a frivolous lawsuit, but the judge disagreed that it was frivolous, since she found one expert who agreed with Lake.  Here's the headline of the Western Journal about that:

Kari Lake Scores Legal Victory, Torches Katie Hobbs' Dirty Trick

I guess they need _something_ to make them think they are owning the libs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billvon said:

So Kari Lake lost her election, then she lost her lawsuit trying to stop her opponent from taking office.  Hobbs then sued Lake for a frivolous lawsuit, but the judge disagreed that it was frivolous, since she found one expert who agreed with Lake.  Here's the headline of the Western Journal about that:

Kari Lake Scores Legal Victory, Torches Katie Hobbs' Dirty Trick

I guess they need _something_ to make them think they are owning the libs.

Hi Bill,

That headline is nothing more than instructions on how to pickup a turd by the clean end.

Jerry Baumchen

On 12/29/2022 at 7:20 AM, wmw999 said:

What would be considered "addressed?" A whole lot of Americans consider this to be a top priority. While I disagree, I'm sure there are things I consider to be a priority that you don't, so compromise means doing some addressing of both.

We both know that rounding up and shipping home all millions of undocumented aliens is completely undoable; it would cost far, far, more than any reasonable cost, and would impact the daily lives of a whole lot of Americans who currently depend on their services. Like farms, the construction industry, etc. "You have to break it to fix it" doesn't really work here. Since I don't personally significantly experience any downside from immigration, illegal or not, it's hard for me to prioritize that.

We also both know that completely doing away with petroleum products next year is also completely undoable. To me, that's an equally unrealistic goal that's held up, and is also worth compromising on.

How do you see it? What do you see as the way to go forward on immigration? Personally, I see our dependence on Central America for much of our illegal drug trafficking as a problem, so in fair part we're contributing to the reason why so many people want to leave there -- because our habits have empowered their bad actors.

Wendy P.

There are laws for a reason. Some of the posts seem to infer that ignoring the law is OK. We all have opinions on various topics. Rather than discuss the opinion some folks want to attack and label the person. IMO laws should be enforced. If they are bad laws then they should be repealed not ignored.

Yes, shipping out all the undocumented isn't doable and it wasn't suggested. But stopping, controlling and vetting the current inflow is doable. IMO unfettered immigration is a problem that leads to other, worse, problems. Some don't seem to care unless it directly affects them. There is a bigger picture and how it affects others and the nation.

The number of fentanyl deaths should be enough to concern everyone. The 2022 deaths exceed 100,000, that's doubled in 4 years, and it's double the number of deaths from guns including suicide. Tougher border enforcement would slow it down but maybe it just comes from elsewhere, who knows. Drugs, prostitution, human trafficking, terrorists - all are a ticking time bomb. Once it does affect one personally it's too late. Prevention is the best option.

There is plenty of evidence on crime, drugs and human trafficking that are, IMO, a problem. The impacts on the social support systems and law enforcement are tremendous. That reduces the support for Americans like veterans and the homeless American citizens. The leadership and citizens of the border states, even Denver, are screaming about the problems and DC isn't listening. The administration flies out those that we're visible, and in the news, and that was OK. But when the border states ship a small fraction of immigrants to certain places the whining is quite high. One would think that the President would care about the personal suffering of the immigrants and of Americans, to enforce the law. The cartels and China are loving our President. They are making millions.

To your question. Lock down the border, vet all immigrants according to the law. Many studies have shown that's it's financially impossible to solve the problem by bringing all people in need to America. Helping those countries improve their living conditions is the only viable option. We've been doing it at various levels for years, that needs to continue and be reenergized.

On 1/1/2023 at 7:48 AM, billeisele said:

There are laws for a reason. Some of the posts seem to infer that ignoring the law is OK. We all have opinions on various topics. Rather than discuss the opinion some folks want to attack and label the person. IMO laws should be enforced. If they are bad laws then they should be repealed not ignored.

That's not going to happen as long as the GOP sees political advantage in playing to the xenophobia of its least educated base.

For just one example, the US semiconductor industry is desperately short of engineers and technicians needed to compete with the Asian countries such as Taiwan. Domestic graduation rates in EE and CS falls way short of needs.  TSMC is already producing 3nm chips, while no US manufacturer is likely to have them until 2024 (by which time TSMC is going to be at 2nm). However, updating immigration law to address the need has been stalled for years by GOP intransigence.

CHIPS Act funding for new factories won't help much if we don't have the qualified people to run. them.