4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

8 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

For me; it's not about party lines. It's about how you were raised. As for the Senator; me thinks college football coaches can get away with murder.

Especially when he was the coach at Auburn. Bama would have been even more so. And otherwise, I agree down the line.

I read an article about the LA council president. She resigned as president; from what it sounds like she said, she should resign from the council as well. It was well past most reasonable lines. One of those comments is bad, but can be taken out of context. The whole series, together? It's like rich country club dudes talking about "them" (pick: women, blacks, Jews, Italians) at various times in history.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

So Herschel Walker has been trying to contain the fallout from revelations that he is 1) an absentee father for at least three of his children, 2) he has been lying about even having those children, 3) he threatened to kill both his wife and her family, 4) he paid for an abortion for his mistress and 5) dumped her when she wouldn't get a second abortion.  Seems like a problem for a "family values" candidate, right?  

Well, during a recent speech he made a . . . notable attempt to put that all behind him.  He began his explanation this way: "I've been telling this little story about this bull out in the field with six cows, and three of them are pregnant... so you know he's got something going on!"  He then went on to say that the bull jumped a fence to get another three cows pregnant, but it turned out they were bulls too.

So the lesson here is - if you get three women/cows pregnant and then abandon them (and get the fourth one an abortion, although he doesn't mention that particular cow) and then you think you'll get three more pregnant, you better not try because they will turn out to be . . . men?  And that's what will stop you from getting more women pregnant, abandoning more kids, and getting more abortions?

What a prince of a guy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, billvon said:

So Herschel Walker has been trying to contain the fallout from revelations that he is 1) an absentee father for at least three of his children, 2) he has been lying about even having those children, 3) he threatened to kill both his wife and her family, 4) he paid for an abortion for his mistress and 5) dumped her when she wouldn't get a second abortion.  Seems like a problem for a "family values" candidate, right?  

Well, during a recent speech he made a . . . notable attempt to put that all behind him.  He began his explanation this way: "I've been telling this little story about this bull out in the field with six cows, and three of them are pregnant... so you know he's got something going on!"  He then went on to say that the bull jumped a fence to get another three cows pregnant, but it turned out they were bulls too.

So the lesson here is - if you get three women/cows pregnant and then abandon them (and get the fourth one an abortion, although he doesn't mention that particular cow) and then you think you'll get three more pregnant, you better not try because they will turn out to be . . . men?  And that's what will stop you from getting more women pregnant, abandoning more kids, and getting more abortions?

What a prince of a guy.

Hi Bill,

A real man's man; GOP style.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

It really just sounds like he's mashing words together to respond, not paying a whole lot of attention to the actual meaning beyond the current sentence.

Kind of the candidate equivalent of posting a link without having read it, because the headline looks good.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, headoverheels said:

And yet, the latest poll has him lagging by only 1.5%, with a 2.9% margin of error, and only 5.3% undecided voters.

I despair for the future of the USA when so many of its citizens support people like Walker, Trump and DeSantis, et al.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kallend said:

I despair for the future of the USA when so many of its citizens support people like Walker, Trump and DeSantis, et al.

You have a two party system. The real choice is not between candidates it is between parties. No one should be surprised at Walker's support. Many of the R supporters on this forum held their noses and voted for Trump for the same reason. The base is the base and does not change.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It really just sounds like he's mashing words together to respond, not paying a whole lot of attention to the actual meaning beyond the current sentence.

Kind of the candidate equivalent of posting a link without having read it, because the headline looks good.

Wendy P.

Of course he was, that's what moron's do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

He is just following Der Leader.  Ever listen to Trump when he does not have a Teleprompter?  

Jerry Baumchen

18 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

A man cannot be deprived of his urges and the woke bathrooms on campus prevented him from using those.

7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

She's probably lying about being a Democrat,too.  ;P

Naaah.

There are shitbag con artists on both sides of the aisle.

Remember Jesse Jackson Jr?

It just seems like more of the shitbags have an "R" after their names than a "D".

And the Rs seem to worship the ones in charge a lot more than the Ds.

47 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And the Rs seem to worship the ones in charge a lot more than the Ds.

At the moment. Just recall Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall. Times change, parties change, people themselves not so much

But definitely right now the Republicans seem to be more willing, both individually and as an organization, to do “whatever it takes” to get or maintain power. Kind of like the end justifying the means (remember that piece of the Red menace?)

Wendy P. 

On 11/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, ryoder said:

Rep to the CO House. And remarkably, a Democrat.

State rep charged for allegedly lying about her primary residence

A counterpoint on this situation, from the Boulder Reddit thread:

This is a really weird situation.

She lives in Longmont, and is the elected rep for the 12th district, but that district got redrawn last year and her home isn't in it any longer.

But the rules say a candidate has to reside in a district for a full year to run to represent it. But it hasn't been a year since the districts were redrawn. And she's the incumbent.

This is a potentially nasty weapon. Got an incumbent you don't like? Redraw the district a little to exclude their home in that district, less than a year before the next election, and according to the rules, they can't run again!

But his emails!!!

Missouri judge rules AG’s office under Josh Hawley ‘knowingly’ violated transparency laws

A Missouri judge on Monday ruled staff in the attorney general’s office, while it was being run by now-U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, used private email accounts to “knowingly and purposefully” subvert the state’s open records law.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, billvon said:

I have no problem with that.  Provided, of course, that she is not paid unless she does her job.

So that's one less "R" vote on any given issue.

Is she also going to abstain on any committee votes?

I guess I don't have an issue with this fool not being part of any decision making.

It would be nice if she didn't get paid for not doing her job, but that's probably not how it works. Besides, voting is only one part of the job.

40 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Good news. If she keeps her promise the republicans no longer have a 218 vote quorum. Unless republicans win another seat as they only have 218 now.

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

Yes, it is so.  And, from your link, which I find really ironic:  Harding . . .  [ had ] a spot on the House Judiciary Committee

Jerry Baumchen