4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Excerpt from a debate with challengers to Liz Cheney's seat:

i.e. wannabe scumbag politicians.

She is trailing in the polls. Which shows the cancer still prevalent in the GOP. So one of them may be in Washington soon. But face it if  Marjorie Taylor Greene can make it. These would be bright stars.Its why the GOP loves the poorly educated. Even those that lack schooling all together.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

I didn't know that everyone in Ukraine was corrupt, that we pushed them into this war and that Biden is getting kickbacks from them!  Fascinating.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, ryoder said:

i.e. wannabe scumbag politicians.

Wow. 

OTOH, imagine how painful it would be had Herschel Walker actually participated in any debates against Raphael Warnock in Georgia. Walker can’t even finish a coherent sentence when he’s in a one-on-one conversation with a FOX anchor (presumably with the questions provided in advance). At least the yahoos in the WY event (mostly) had their talking points ready and could form complete sentences — even if those sentences were patently false.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:58 PM, billvon said:

I didn't know that everyone in Ukraine was corrupt, that we pushed them into this war and that Biden is getting kickbacks from them!  Fascinating.

Russian disinformation finds fertile ground in the West from Nature June 2022

Disinformation Has Become Another Untouchable Problem in Washington "Numerous federal agencies agree that widely promoted falsehoods threaten the nation’s security. Doing something about them is another matter." NYT today

Putin has organized Russian propaganda directed toward the US and its effective. Both republicans and democrats seem powerless to respond.

15 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Wow. 

OTOH, imagine how painful it would be had Herschel Walker actually participated in any debates against Raphael Warnock in Georgia. Walker can’t even finish a coherent sentence when he’s in a one-on-one conversation with a FOX anchor (presumably with the questions provided in advance). At least the yahoos in the WY event (mostly) had their talking points ready and could form complete sentences — even if those sentences were patently false.

That Wyoming debate for senator has nothing on the Arizona republican debate.   Yikes, they are all wacky.

So the thing that finally brought Boris down was lying about the fact that he already knew one of his senior officials had been credibly accused of sexual assault (groping in public) on multiple occasions when he appointed the guy to his position.

While Boris claimed to have had no idea at all that anything had been alleged, it was leaked that in private he used to joke about the guy being ‘Pincher by name, pincher by nature’!

Absolute scumbag on every level. A car crash of a human being.

15 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Honestly, why does anyone still wear a tie.

They are such a nonsense item of clothing and make no sense whatoever.

Hi Stumpy,

While this is a little off-topic, I'm with you.  They are ridiculous.  I have not worn one since I retired in late 2002.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  + I consider them dangerous as it is easy grab a tie & to control the wearer.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Stumpy,

While this is a little off-topic, I'm with you.  They are ridiculous.  I have not worn one since I retired in late 2002.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  + I consider them dangerous as it is easy grab a tie & to control the wearer.

Its a literal neck restraint. Even the symbology is awful. I hate them with a passion

Edited by Stumpy

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

(not exactly, a few Trump backed candidates have lost)

Mostly in primaries.  The Georgia election will be interesting, as it truly rests on which party can get out the voters.   Anyone voting for Walker isn't voting for Walker -- they are voting for the R's.

Best comments I saw on the Walker video:

On Youtube: People like this are why we have instructions on a bottle of shampoo.

On Twitter: I want to know what Biden's plans are for bringing our good air back from China.

Another wonderful politician. Senator Karen Peterson (D) Louisiana accused of using political funds for personal expenses including gambling debts.

"Sen. Peterson formed the "Karen Carter Peterson Campaign Fund (KCPCF.) Monetary donations were accepted by the KCPCF with the belief that the funds would be used to aid in the re-election campaign for Peterson’s position as State Senator. According to court documents, Sen. Peterson “diverted, and caused her friends and associates to divert, campaign funds from the KCPCF to Peterson's personal use for the purpose of obtaining and using money and property from contributors to the KCPCF by means of materially false and fraudulent representations and promises for nearly seven (7) years.”"

4 hours ago, billeisele said:

Another wonderful politician. Senator Karen Peterson (D) Louisiana accused of using political funds for personal expenses including gambling debts.

"Sen. Peterson formed the "Karen Carter Peterson Campaign Fund (KCPCF.) Monetary donations were accepted by the KCPCF with the belief that the funds would be used to aid in the re-election campaign for Peterson’s position as State Senator. According to court documents, Sen. Peterson “diverted, and caused her friends and associates to divert, campaign funds from the KCPCF to Peterson's personal use for the purpose of obtaining and using money and property from contributors to the KCPCF by means of materially false and fraudulent representations and promises for nearly seven (7) years.”"

Sounds eerily similar to Lauren Bobert's use of campaign funds to keep her restaurant afloat.

(edited)
1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

Sounds eerily similar to Lauren Bobert's use of campaign funds to keep her restaurant afloat.

The new owner of the building her restaurant was in, has refused to renew her lease, so the restaurant is no more.

Edited by ryoder