3 3
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, kallend said:

I guess I'm a "prominent" Dem and "prominent" Republican, if those to whom I make donations are listed.

He is apparently a scumbag, but your source is a biased hit piece, and you know it.

 

Hi John,

Re:  I guess I'm a "prominent" Dem and "prominent" Republican, if those to whom I make donations are listed.

Well, put me in that category also.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Bail is simply an assurance that the accused will show up for future court proceedings.

The amount is highly variable & subjective.

The judge considers a very wide variety of factors.
Money is not always (or often) the primary one.

On a slightly different note, Paul Manafort was removed from a plane bound for Dubai.
His passport was revoked some time ago and he's not supposed to do that.

 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/former-trump-aide-manafort-removed-from-flight-due-to-revoked-passport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Is this false?

“Eliot Cutler is a benefactor of Maine Democratic Party candidates and has traveled in elite Democrat circles for many decades,” Savage said in an email statement. “His beneficiaries nationwide need to return his donations immediately. This needs to start here in Maine, today.”

The Maine GOP account on Twitter posted many of Cutler’s donations, including those made to President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former President Barack Obama.

Cutler reportedly made donations to Democratic politicians in Maine as well as the state Democratic parties in New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Nevada, and Florida.

Is it an accurate overview? 

When your source is the GOP it's no surprise they're only talking about donations to Dems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billvon said:

Waiting for:

1) No of course he didn't donate to the GOP!
2) OK he did but what that really meant was X.
3) Dems did it first.

I reviewed his donations and did not see any to the GOP. Doesn't mean there weren't any . . . course I admit to being surprised that John donated to the GOP, so anything is possible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I reviewed his donations and did not see any to the GOP. Doesn't mean there weren't any . . . course I admit to being surprised that John donated to the GOP, so anything is possible.  

Chicago politics are quite weird in many ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At every step of his political career, Joe Manchin helped a West Virginia power plant that is the sole customer of his private coal business. Along the way, he blocked ambitious climate action."

"Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) released the following statement on his decision to vote against the Green New Deal. 

“While I appreciate the renewed conversation around climate change that the Green New Deal and its supporters have sparked, I think we need to focus on real solutions that recognize the role fossil fuels will continue to play. That’s why I voted against the resolution today. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryoder said:

GOP finds voting fraud!

Republicans Found the ‘Election Fraud’… at Their Own Convention

Two Republican delegates in Salt Lake County, Utah, lost their delegate titles because they were caught trying to vote more than once at a party convention.

To be fair, the fact that they found it and punishment means that their preventative measures work. It does however shine a light on the general republican "if you can't win, cheat" mindset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter Biden, the e-mails, etc. All just noise to conceal the real underbelly of GOP, stench, corruption. The real question is where is the quid-pro quo?

"Six months after leaving the White House, Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince, a close ally during the Trump administration, despite objections from the fund’s advisers about the merits of the deal....

Ethics experts say that such a deal creates the appearance of potential payback for Mr. Kushner’s actions in the White House — or of a bid for future favor if Mr. Trump seeks and wins another presidential term in 2024.

Mr. Kushner played a leading role inside the Trump administration defending Crown Prince Mohammed after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that he had approved the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi columnist for The Washington Post and resident of Virginia who had criticized the kingdom’s rulers."

Just recently MBS made a deal with Turkey and its Putin lackey president. Turkey Transfers Khashoggi Murder Trial to Saudi Arabia  More corrupt..Turkey...Saudi Arabia...The GOP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Hunter Biden, the e-mails, etc. All just noise to conceal the real underbelly of GOP, stench, corruption. The real question is where is the quid-pro quo?

"Six months after leaving the White House, Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince, a close ally during the Trump administration, despite objections from the fund’s advisers about the merits of the deal....

Ethics experts say that such a deal creates the appearance of potential payback for Mr. Kushner’s actions in the White House — or of a bid for future favor if Mr. Trump seeks and wins another presidential term in 2024.

Mr. Kushner played a leading role inside the Trump administration defending Crown Prince Mohammed after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that he had approved the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi columnist for The Washington Post and resident of Virginia who had criticized the kingdom’s rulers."

Just recently MBS made a deal with Turkey and its Putin lackey president. Turkey Transfers Khashoggi Murder Trial to Saudi Arabia  More corrupt..Turkey...Saudi Arabia...The GOP?

Hi Phil,

That would be called a Photo Finish.

Jerry Baumchen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a high ranking one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/nyregion/brian-benjamin-arrested.html

Lt. Gov. Brian A. Benjamin of New York, the state’s second-in-command to Gov. Kathy Hochul, surrendered early Tuesday morning to face a federal indictment charging him with bribery, fraud and falsification of records in connection with a scheme to funnel illegal donations to a previous campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kallend said:

Here's a high ranking one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/nyregion/brian-benjamin-arrested.html

Lt. Gov. Brian A. Benjamin of New York, the state’s second-in-command to Gov. Kathy Hochul, surrendered early Tuesday morning to face a federal indictment charging him with bribery, fraud and falsification of records in connection with a scheme to funnel illegal donations to a previous campaign.

Hi John,

From your link:   . . . “CC-1,” short for co-conspirator 1. He began providing information to investigators after he was arrested in November on an indictment charging him with wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and other crimes related to his role in the fund-raising scheme, according to the people with knowledge of the matter.

That's the problem; the other guy seems to always rat you out for his own betterment.  I think it is a thing about crooks.

G. Gordan Liddy excepted.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Mark Meadows removed from North Carolina voter rolls

Patrick Gannon, a spokesperson for the North Carolina State Board of Elections, said that the Macon County Board of Elections moved to take Meadows off the voter rolls because he last voted in Virginia in 2021. 

 

That apparent fraudster would be Trump's Chief of Staff, right?

No wonder the GOP is so hung up on voter fraud, just like their hang up on gays and pedophiles..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes they just can't help but show their true heroes:

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3267283-tennessee-state-senator-offers-hitler-as-inspiration-to-homeless/

A Tennessee state senator on Wednesday used Adolf Hitler as an example of inspiration and hope for the homeless during a speech on the floor of the state’s upper chamber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kallend said:

One of those "family values" Republicans:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/29/us/aaron-von-ehlinger-guilty-rape.html

A jury unanimously found Aaron von Ehlinger, a Republican state representative from Lewiston, guilty of raping the 19-year-old in March 2021.

 

But Disney is the REAL threat to kids.  Mark Foley, Dennis Hastert, Roy Moore, Jeff Jordan, Matt Gaetz, Joel Greenberg - you know, the people trafficking in, having sex with and sexually assaulting kids - are all just misunderstood, wayward rascals who _certainly_ can't be blamed for what they did.  It's all Disney!  Disney!  Look over there!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
22 minutes ago, billvon said:

But Disney is the REAL threat to kids.  Mark Foley, Dennis Hastert, Roy Moore, Jeff Jordan, Matt Gaetz, Joel Greenberg - you know, the people trafficking in, having sex with and sexually assaulting kids - are all just misunderstood, wayward rascals who _certainly_ can't be blamed for what they did.  It's all Disney!  Disney!  Look over there!  

 

Neil Parish was a UK MP who just resigned from parliament for watching porn in the House of Commons. So different from the GOP. Where you get votes for having sex with minors and "grabbing pussy".

As long as you can satisfy the Christian right with right amount of hate for LGBT people. Its all good..

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

3 3