3 3
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It's all part of the overall amplification of everything in our society. I'm not sure if that's caused by, or reflected by, or simply exacerbated by, the plethora of mass media available to meet all "needs" all the time.

I think it's more and more that people are able to construct their own truths by curating their own media feed carefully.

40 years ago you'd have to use a scissors and scotch tape to assemble a newspaper that had only the news you wanted to see in it.  That was hard and only crazy people did it.

Nowadays not only can you choose what you see with a few clicks of your mouse, there are algorithms that will happily feed you nutso news if that's what you click on.  Type in "Trump never lied" and you'll get thousands of hits.  Click on some of those links and your browser will "learn" to prioritize those sites for you.  And if you have a newsfeed that's the news you will get.  So for those people, even though they never got out the scissors, tape and string, all the media they get actually does indicate that Trump is the most honest person that ever lived.  (And because of the average orientation of such websites, that media also tells them that Hillary Clinton has a pedophile sex ring in the basement of a pizza place in Washington DC.)

They don't even have to try to find that stuff.  It is delivered to them.  And to someone unaware of that effect, it can seem like all of that is really true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, billvon said:

I think it's more and more that people are able to construct their own truths by curating their own media feed carefully.

40 years ago you'd have to use a scissors and scotch tape to assemble a newspaper that had only the news you wanted to see in it.  That was hard and only crazy people did it.

Nowadays not only can you choose what you see with a few clicks of your mouse, there are algorithms that will happily feed you nutso news if that's what you click on.  Type in "Trump never lied" and you'll get thousands of hits.  Click on some of those links and your browser will "learn" to prioritize those sites for you.  And if you have a newsfeed that's the news you will get.  So for those people, even though they never got out the scissors, tape and string, all the media they get actually does indicate that Trump is the most honest person that ever lived.  (And because of the average orientation of such websites, that media also tells them that Hillary Clinton has a pedophile sex ring in the basement of a pizza place in Washington DC.)

They don't even have to try to find that stuff.  It is delivered to them.  And to someone unaware of that effect, it can seem like all of that is really true.

I contend that Trump never lied.

In order to lie one must have a clue as to the difference between truth and falsehood, betwee reality and fantasy, and to actually care about it one way or another.  I have seen not one shred of evidence that Trump views any of this as more than an unimportant abstraction.

What people call 'lies' are simply the mental ramblings of someone disconnected from reality, blurted out without any kind of filter.  This is typical of most religions, and it is certainly pathological.

To accuse Trump of lying is to give him way too much credit.  His success in life is entirely the result of the principle that 'the scum rises to the top.'

 

BSBD,

Winsor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ryoder said:

The reddit user that posted this and was quoted has changed the script with a long explanation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bozeman/comments/tirgtl/ted_cruz_accosting_airline_employees_today_at_bzn/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

The reddit user that posted this and was quoted has changed the script with a long explanation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bozeman/comments/tirgtl/ted_cruz_accosting_airline_employees_today_at_bzn/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

 

He did however make thinly veiled threats towards the employment of the people involved. Demanding their names and threatening to call corporate. 
 

Daaamn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jakee said:

He did however make thinly veiled threats towards the employment of the people involved. Demanding their names and threatening to call corporate. 
 

Daaamn. 

Far be it from me to defend Ted Cruz, but lots of people have asked for the names of whoever they’re interacting with, and threatened to call corporate. It’s one of the things you do when complaining about something. BUT: if he was late, he was late. And different airports have different rules; we once nearly missed a flight when we were an hour early: that (overseas) airport closes the airline desk an hour before the flight. We were informed, but had not realized they actually meant it (yeah, we were idiots).

BUT: I will admit we acknowledged our error, and when they sent someone back to the desk (there were about a half dozen others), we all got on.

Wendy P. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Far be it from me to defend Ted Cruz, but lots of people have asked for the names of whoever they’re interacting with, and threatened to call corporate.

When you’re a US Senator who’s already pulled the ‘don’t you know who I am’ card, it’s different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jakee said:

When you’re a US Senator who’s already pulled the ‘don’t you know who I am’ card, it’s different.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States:  US Constitution, Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8.

Clearly there is nobility and the members of it get preferential and deferential treatment, but we choose not to endow it with a title thus pretending it doesn't exist.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States:  US Constitution, Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8.

Clearly there is nobility and the members of it get preferential and deferential treatment, but we choose not to endow it with a title thus pretending it doesn't exist.  

 

Nonetheless they did not hold the aircraft for him.

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kallend said:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States:  US Constitution, Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8.

Clearly there is nobility and the members of it get preferential and deferential treatment, but we choose not to endow it with a title thus pretending it doesn't exist.  

 

Hi John,

If one ever flies on an American airlines with a member of the US legislature on board, you will quickly know what 'preferential and deferential treatment' is.

BTDT,

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BIGUN said:
Eliot Cutler
Eliot Cutler.jpg
Personal details
Born July 29, 1946 (age 75)
Bangor, Maine, U.S.
Political party Independent
Spouse(s) Melanie Stewart
Children 2
Education Harvard University (BA)
Georgetown University (JD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Monetary bail is such a strange system. What is it but a system to ensure that presumed innocent poor people remain in jail while rich people remain free? 
 

In this case, is it important that bail is only $50k? If you were a multi multi millionaire faced with the prospect of dying in prison but with the ability and inclination to flee the country prior to trial, is there any amount of money you wouldn’t sacrifice in order to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jakee said:

Monetary bail is such a strange system. What is it but a system to ensure that presumed innocent poor people remain in jail while rich people remain free? 

It's the best bail system money can buy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Curious that Americanfaith.com proclaims him a "prominent democrat", yet he ran for governor twice as an independent, supports other independent candidates, and proclaims himself to be an independent.

They make a point that he previously worked for the Carter administration in the 1970s. Does that mean that the twenty Republicans (list available on request) appointed by Obama were actually closet dems? 

Somehow I doubt Americanfaith.com is being totally objective here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kallend said:

totally objective here.

Is this false?

“Eliot Cutler is a benefactor of Maine Democratic Party candidates and has traveled in elite Democrat circles for many decades,” Savage said in an email statement. “His beneficiaries nationwide need to return his donations immediately. This needs to start here in Maine, today.”

The Maine GOP account on Twitter posted many of Cutler’s donations, including those made to President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former President Barack Obama.

Cutler reportedly made donations to Democratic politicians in Maine as well as the state Democratic parties in New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Nevada, and Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

Is this false?

“Eliot Cutler is a benefactor of Maine Democratic Party candidates and has traveled in elite Democrat circles for many decades,” Savage said in an email statement. “His beneficiaries nationwide need to return his donations immediately. This needs to start here in Maine, today.”

The Maine GOP account on Twitter posted many of Cutler’s donations, including those made to President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former President Barack Obama.

Cutler reportedly made donations to Democratic politicians in Maine as well as the state Democratic parties in New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Nevada, and Florida.

I guess I'm a "prominent" Dem and "prominent" Republican, if those to whom I make donations are listed.

He is apparently a scumbag, but your source is a biased hit piece, and you know it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

3 3