4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:09 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Because they're the same sort of bigot?

Not really. Some just cling to an old identity that maybe once made sense but, under close examination now, actually doesn't fit. What really is a Conservative, these days? Are they only Republicans and never Democrats? Surely not. It used to be being Conservative was about economic principles. Now its more about who has fun under the sheets with whom and on which day sometimes, too. That's why I object to folks identifying as Republican thinking they're identifying as economic conservatives when the unfortunate downstream effect is they're giving cover to bigots simply by standing under the same tent.  Myself, I'm a piss poor Liberal even though I so identify as a personal matter. I only identify as a Democrat as a counter to at least one voter who identifies as a Republican because, like it or not, those numbers matter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Not really. Some just cling to an old identity that maybe once made sense but, under close examination now, actually doesn't fit. What really is a Conservative, these days? Are they only Republicans and never Democrats? Surely not. It used to be being Conservative was about economic principles. 

Well, yeah.  And 150 years ago, republicans were the urban younger voters who opposed slavery and the rural "common sense" democrats thought it was really a good thing for blacks.  Things change, and parties change with the times to try to attract the most voters without alienating their base.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:58 AM, Stumpy said:

Can you not just trim florida off and float it out into the ocean? Seems like you'd get rid of a lot of the crazy.

You can't say that. CA earned that comment many years ago and continues to claim their ownership of it. 

9 minutes ago, billeisele said:

You can't say that. CA earned that comment many years ago and continues to claim their ownership of it. 

It’s worth remembering that only Florida is in a death struggle with Mickey Mouse. He lives on peacefully in Anaheim.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Nah - from an external perspective (and having spent plenty of time in both states) california is weird, and quite a lot neurotic. Florida is full on, card carrying, screaming at the moon crazy.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Want an education?  California has Caltech, UCLA, Stanford, Berkeley  (86 Nobel laureates).  FL has . . . . .. . . football?

And lots of awesome news stories that start "Last night, Florida man . . . ."

• Like 1

And on Monday Rudy Giuliani's assistant, Noelle Dunphy, filed sexual harassement and wage-theft charges against him.  The complaint listed these gems:

Giuliani would “point to his erect penis, and tell her that he could not do any work until ‘you take care of this.’”
Giuliani drank “morning, noon, and night, and was frequently intoxicated” and “unpredictable.”
Giuliani would go on “alcohol-drenched rants that included sexist, racist, and antisemitic remarks.”
Dunphy claims Giuliani demanded oral sex when he was on phone calls with Donald Trump because it made him “feel like Bill Clinton.”
When Dunphy worked remotely during the COVID-19 shutdown in 2020, Giuliani demanded that she appear naked during videoconference calls.
Giuliani didn’t pay Dunphy for her work, promising he'd pay her as soon as his divorce was finalized.

Dunphy says that not only does she have recordings of many of these, he gave her access to his email account - and she kept a record of his emails.

Sounds like the trial will be a slam dunk.  Biggest issue may be that it gets too gross for jurors to listen to.

• Like 1

(edited)
28 minutes ago, billvon said:

Dunphy says that not only does she have recordings of many of these, he gave her access to his email account - and she kept a record of his emails.

Sounds like the trial will be a slam dunk.  Biggest issue may be that it gets too gross for jurors to listen to.

Apart from all the horrendously pervy shit, the biggest bombshell is the allegation (backed up with commmunications) that Giuliani and Trump were conspiring to sell pardons for two million bucks. Really interesting bit was Giuliani telling Dunphy to send those enquiries directly to him instead of the Pardon Office in order to evade any FOIA requests regarding those dodgy pardons in future. If I remember correctly, Trump did indeed sign a bunch of pardons which were not vetted by the Pardon Office first. 

Edited by jakee

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

Apart from all the horrendously pervy shit, the biggest bombshell is the allegation (backed up with commmunications) that Giuliani and Trump were conspiring to sell pardons for two million bucks. Really interesting bit was Giuliani telling Dunphy to send those enquiries directly to him instead of the Pardon Office in order to evade any FOIA requests regarding those dodgy pardons in future. If I remember correctly, Trump did indeed sign a bunch of pardons which were not vetted by the Pardon Office first. 

The worst part is, I am not sure it is illegal.

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

"I've got this thing and it's fucking golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing."

The practice of Presidential pardons needs to be abolished. It is just a mechanism by which a crook can lure in his lackeys to help in his crimes, letting them get off scot free.

• Like 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband

I'm quite surprised, because I thought those two hicks were made for each other.

Hi Robert,

Just another nail in the GOP Family Values coffin.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I pity the poor bastard who gets her next; if anyone.

PPS)  No ad blocker here:  Rep. Lauren Boebert Files for Divorce (businessinsider.com)

Edited by JerryBaumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Just another nail in the GOP Family Values coffin.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I pity the poor bastard who gets her next; if anyone.

Maybe she discovered he voted for Adam Frisch...

In other news: Guys, she's available!

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband

I'm quite surprised, because I thought those two hicks were made for each other.

Maybe she found out he’d been urinating in public.

But yeah, two radical, opinionated, volatile people put together? I’m shocked that it didn’t work out. If they get through the divorce without shooting at each other they should take it as a win. Hell, ten bucks says there’s at least one bullet hole in a car or house before this is over.

Poor Lauren. She wanted to make the AR-15 the US national gun. When her hubby got served his divorce papers by a process server. He was right in the middle of a gun cleaning session and sipping on a cold brew. Hubby got so upset that Lauren got tired of his two timing ways and wanted to call it quits. That he refused to accept the divorce papers and let his dogs loose on the process server. After a profanity laced tirade against the bearer of bad news.

Surely Jebus brought them together for a greater calling? Perhaps he can call up MTG and start anew, she likes guns too.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

And now the other bobblehead is jealous she’s getting all the attention. At least that’s the only way I can explain this.

Marjorie Taylor Greene claims white supremacist label is same as N-word

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

(edited)
21 minutes ago, ryoder said:

And these are the loonies who want to rule the populace:

Georgia GOP Chair Goes Full Flat-Earth, Says Globes Are Part of a Conspiracy

“All the globes, everywhere” Taylor said later in the discussion. “I turn on the TV, there’s globes in the background … Everywhere there’s globes. You see them all the time, it’s constant. My children will be like ‘Mama, globe, globe, globe, globe’ — they’re everywhere.” 

Damn, lady. Just buy them a Nintendo and you definitely won’t have to hear about globes anymore. How bored must those kids be if a globe is the most exciting thing in their lives?

Edited by jakee