4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

21 minutes ago, phantomII said:

I'm sure the authorities (white wingers) just want to make sure they are biologically female, stay that way, and do not get an abortion.

Sounds like FloriDUH.

8 minutes ago, normiss said:

I'm sure the authorities (white wingers) just want to make sure they are biologically female, stay that way, and do not get an abortion.

Sounds like FloriDUH.

Maggie Cleary, Youngkin’s deputy secretary of public safety, told the courts of justice subcommittee it was not the legislature’s responsibility to restrict the scope of search warrants.

Um, so, whose job is it to make the law, then?

When I was at RE+ in Anaheim a few months back, energy secretary Jennifer Granholm gave a talk about how solar and storage fit into the US energy plan.  She talked about how fast storage would have to grow to enable solar to become a dominant form of energy, and about how recycling for both was a priority for the administration.  Was cool to see that the secretary wasn't just a figurehead but actually understood this stuff.

One of the leaders in battery recycling is Redwood Materials, a firm that is one of the few companies out there that can recycle 100% of an EV battery.  The DOE just announced a $2 billion loan to them to allow them to scale up more quickly; within a few years they plan to be able to source enough materials from both recycled batteries and new materials to supply over a million EV batteries a year.  Their materials will go to local manufacturers who are building batteries.  Redwood will put up another $1.5 billion to get the factory built.

Granholm went to Nevada to announce the loan.  She talked about the need for lithium, cobalt, copper and nickel - not only for EV's but for demands like refinery catalysts.  She commended Redwood for being able to recycle so much of the battery.  And after she spoke, the governor of Nevada got up to say a few words.

"Let’s give a round of applause to the secretary there. She gave me a good science lesson.  Do you actually understand that science, or did you just memorize that?”  He was apparently going for laughs at the pretty little lady saying science-y words - but got dead silence from the crowd.

So while it's sad to see that that sort of thing still exists - at least it doesn't play well any more.

• Like 3

And more deceit from a GOP pol:

PHOENIX — Nearly a year after the 2020 election, Arizona’s then-attorney general Mark Brnovich launched an investigation into voting in the state’s largest county that quickly consumed more than 10,000 hours of his staff’s time.

Investigators prepared a report in March 2022 stating that virtually all claims of error and malfeasance were unfounded, according to internal documents reviewed by The Washington Post. Brnovich, a Republican, kept it private.

In April, the attorney general — who was running in the GOP primary for a U.S. Senate seat — released an “Interim Report” claiming that his office had discovered “serious vulnerabilities.” He left out edits from his own investigators refuting his assertions.

His office then compiled an “Election Review Summary” in September that systematically refuted accusations of widespread fraud and made clear that none of the complaining parties — from state lawmakers to self-styled “election integrity” groups — had presented any evidence to support their claims. Brnovich left office last month without releasing the summary.

etc.

• Like 1

Speaker McCarthy  granted exclusive access to 44,000 hours of surveillance footage from the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection to Fox News host Tucker Carlson. 

This would be the same Fox News that has admitted lying about the election in court documents in the Dominion case.

WTF?

19 minutes ago, kallend said:

Speaker McCarthy  granted exclusive access to 44,000 hours of surveillance footage from the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection to Fox News host Tucker Carlson. 

This would be the same Fox News that has admitted lying about the election in court documents in the Dominion case.

WTF?

And Mr Pillow is not happy!

The HIll: Mike Lindell says he will sue McCarthy for sharing Jan. 6 footage only with Tucker Carlson

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It's hard to see how releasing this material to only one person or group could be legal. Mr. Pillow has a good point.

Jesus. Imagine being so corrupt you end up on the wrong side of an argument with Mike Lindell.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kallend said:

WTF?

Didn’t some Fox hosts keep playing that one clip of people ambling through the capitol lobby as ‘proof’ that Jan 6 is sent serious? But I’m sure they can be trusted to edit this in a fair and balanced way.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, kallend said:

So again, honest question, can you show me where Fox News actually lied about Dominion, because everything that I've seen doesn't show that.

For example:

Sidney Powell was on Maria Bartiromo show making her claims about dominion and "how we have so much evidence I feel like it's coming in through a firehose,"  lmao.  

Then Bartiromo responds:
"Wow, so Sidney, you feel that you'll be able to prove this.  Do you have the software in possession, do you have the hardware in possession, how will you be able to prove this, Sidney?

Sydney: "Well I got lots of way to prove it, but I'm not gonna tell on national TV what all we have. I just can't do that.

Bartiromo: "Ok, but there's a small time frame here,  the elections are supposed to be certified in early December, do you believe that you can present this to the courts and be successful in just a couple of weeks?"

"And then you just get a load of bullshit from Powell.  "oh well, I don't  say anything I can't prove and the evidence it rolling in faster than I can even process," lmao.

Then Powell goes on making comments about how state officials are receiving substantial sums of money and benefits and million dollar packages for buying this software.

Then Bartiromo basically rolls her eyes and immediately follows up with "which government official accepted hundreds of millions of dollars in benefits for their family as they took on this software?

Powell: "If I said hundreds of million of dollars, I misspoke.  we're still collecting the evidence but it's more than one."

Then Bartiromo quickly dismisses it  "Ok, so you can't say who you believe took kickbacks"

Then Hannity, tho he seems hopeful and doesn't immediately dismiss her claims, basically asks the same things in his interview: "Has anybody forensically examined these machines since the election" and why these supposed witnesses haven't come forward to speak publicly and  signed affidavits?

Then after all that Tucker calls her out:

"We invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week, actually, and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention.

But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of polite requests. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her. When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they also told us Powell had never given them any evidence to prove anything she claimed at the press conference.

Powell did say that electronic voting is dangerous, and she's right, but she never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one."

24 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So again, honest question, can you show me where Fox News actually lied about Dominion, because everything that I've seen doesn't show that.

The courts have not yet spoken, but the smart money is on Dominion winning their case against the Murdoch Empire. If everything you've seen says differently you should probably be looking in some new places.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/feb/20/fox-news-dominion-voting-systems-defamation-case-analysis

“I have never seen a defamation case with such overwhelming proof that the defendant admitted in writing that it was making up fake information in order to increase its viewership and its revenues,” Tribe told the Guardian. “Fox and its producers and performers were lying as part of their business model.”

Edited by gowlerk

17 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
41 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The courts have not yet spoken, but the smart money is on Dominion winning their case against the Murdoch Empire. If everything you've seen says differently you should probably be looking in some new places.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/feb/20/fox-news-dominion-voting-systems-defamation-case-analysis

“I have never seen a defamation case with such overwhelming proof that the defendant admitted in writing that it was making up fake information in order to increase its viewership and its revenues,” Tribe told the Guardian. “Fox and its producers and performers were lying as part of their business model.”

Then again, it should be very easy to show me at least one example where they actually lied about it.  Maybe Lou Dobbs said something?  Not sure. I just know that Fox fired him and canceled his show.  

Powell is the one that needs to go down for this - and last I checked she was being disbarred.  Not sure on how that's going tho.

Edited by Coreece

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

If everything you've seen says differently you should probably be looking in some new places.

I've been trying, but don't see any specific example.  What do you have to say about the examples that I've given you thus far?

So far the proof is against Powell.  Hard to see how they're going to get 1.6 Billion from her, and how they're going to justify that amount.  Which is why they're probably trying to put this on fox for entertaining her accusations.

Edited by Coreece

Powell was at least right about one thing tho - that Warren and Klobuchar had concerns about the software as well:

"Warren, Klobuchar, Wyden, and Pocan Investigate Vulnerabilities and Shortcomings of Election Technology Industry with Ties to Private Equity

Three private equity-owned election technology vendors serve 90% of eligible voters but fail to sufficiently innovate, improve, and protect deteriorating voting systems; Election security experts have noted for years that our nation's voting systems and election infrastructure are under serious threat"

The three vendors -- Election Systems & Software, Dominion Voting Systems, and Hart InterCivic -- collectively distribute voting machines and software that facilitate voting for over 90% of all eligible voters in the United States. Private equity firms reportedly own or control each of these vendors, which "have long skimped on security in favor of convenience," leaving voting systems across the country "prone to security problems."

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversight/letters/warren-klobuchar-wyden-and-pocan-investigate-vulnerabilities-and-shortcomings-of-election-technology-industry-with-ties-to-private-equity

Edited by Coreece

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Then again, it should be very easy to show me at least one example where they actually lied about it. 

Sure.  Here's three:

Bartiromo: "we talked about the Dominion software. I know that there were voting irregularities."

Powell: "The money creating [Dominion] came out of Venezuela and Cuba...It is one huge, huge criminal conspiracy that should be investigated by military intelligence."
Pirro replies: "Yes."

Hannity: "I've gone over everything I've been able to find out. Nobody liked Dominion Voting Systems. Nobody. . . .Why we would use use a system that everybody agreed sucked or had problems is beyond me."

Powell was at least right about one thing tho - that Warren and Klobuchar had concerns about the software as well:

So:

1) FOX didn't do it
2) OK FOX did X Y and Z but . . .  freedom of speech!
3) Democrats did it first.

Sounds like the usual progression.  Fortunately the courts don't (generally) fall for that.

Really dude, what are you talking about?  Do you have any coherent response to the questions I'm asking?

Legitimate questions and concerns from the left and the right about dominion and the integrity of voting systems are different than Powell's accusations.

Edited by Coreece

25 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Really dude, what are you talking about?  Do you have any coherent response to the questions I'm asking?

Legitimate questions and concerns from the left and the right about dominion and the integrity of voting systems are different than Powell's accusations.

Try this: https://www.npr.org/2023/02/18/1157972219/fox-news-election-fraud-claims-vs-what-they-knew

You can try to parse things as you will but the reality is that FOX, by and through it's "Stars", fomented the belief amongst it's viewers that election fraud was rampant and the election was stolen by feeding questions and answers to invited guests they knew were lying. 

Yes.  Look at post 1123 for specific answers to your questions.

Legitimate questions and concerns from the left and the right about dominion and the integrity of voting systems

. . . are something that FOX did not cover.  We are talking about FOX News lying about Dominion in order to improve their ratings; none of their concerns were legitimate, as revealed by their very own emails and texts.  When a news organization lies deliberately and intentionally in order to harm a private company in an attempt to enrich themselves, it is actually a fairly big deal, and one might expect such an action to result in lawsuits.  That has occurred.

I understand that you are trying to change the subject now to get away from talking about the lawsuit agaist FOX.  Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Yes.  Look at post 1123 for specific answers to your questions.

Ok, I didn't initially see that post and was replying to 1124.  So let's address that now:

7 hours ago, billvon said:
9 hours ago, Coreece said:

Then again, it should be very easy to show me at least one example where they actually lied about it. 

Sure.  Here's three:

Bartiromo: "we talked about the Dominion software. I know that there were voting irregularities."

There were irregularities.  We know that there were glitches in Georgia that Bartiromo mentioned - that's not disputed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/04/georgia-election-machine-glitch-434065

"Election officials in Georgia still have no explanation for a technological glitch that created voting problems in two Georgia counties on the morning of Nov. 3"

"State election officials and Dominion acknowledge that there was a problem"

"The counties use voting machines made by Dominion, but the electronic poll books that experienced the glitch were made by KnowInk, a subcontractor to Dominion."

"Dominion also would not say what the problem was or answer questions about what the company did to fix the issue."

So acknowledge that, process it, and then I'll move on to the next one. (Pirro)

And In case you missed it, I already posted text of her interview with Powell upthread.  I'll post it again:

Sidney Powell was on Maria Bartiromo show making her claims about dominion and "how we have so much evidence I feel like it's coming in through a firehose,"  lmao.  

Then Bartiromo responds:
"Wow, so Sidney, you feel that you'll be able to prove this.  Do you have the software in possession, do you have the hardware in possession, how will you be able to prove this, Sidney?

Sydney: "Well I got lots of way to prove it, but I'm not gonna tell on national TV what all we have. I just can't do that.

Bartiromo: "Ok, but there's a small time frame here,  the elections are supposed to be certified in early December, do you believe that you can present this to the courts and be successful in just a couple of weeks?"

"And then you just get a load of bullshit from Powell.  "oh well, I don't  say anything I can't prove and the evidence it rolling in faster than I can even process," lmao.

Then Powell goes on making comments about how state officials are receiving substantial sums of money and benefits and million dollar packages for buying this software.

Then Bartiromo basically rolls her eyes and immediately follows up with "which government official accepted hundreds of millions of dollars in benefits for their family as they took on this software?

Powell: "If I said hundreds of million of dollars, I misspoke.  we're still collecting the evidence but it's more than one."

Then Bartiromo quickly dismisses it  "Ok, so you can't say who you believe took kickbacks"

Where did Bartiromo lie?