4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

13 hours ago, ryoder said:

Masterpice of a commercial against Dr Quack in Pennsylvania.

Jump to 0:34 to skip the intro:

Clearly has all the credentials for a trump endorsed republican.Lying, scamming as a part of his inherent lifestyle.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/26/glenn-thompson-republican-son-gay-marriage-vote-b

what a hypocrite!  

if link doesn’t work (copying from a teeny mobile device while held hostage at JFK by Delta airlines) it’s about GOP Rep Glenn Thompson who voted against gay marriage bill within days of attending his son’s gay wedding). 

33 minutes ago, kallend said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/26/glenn-thompson-republican-son-gay-marriage-vote-b

what a hypocrite!  

if link doesn’t work (copying from a teeny mobile device while held hostage at JFK by Delta airlines) it’s about GOP Rep Glenn Thompson who voted against gay marriage bill within days of attending his son’s gay wedding). 

Corrected link: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/26/glenn-thompson-republican-son-gay-marriage-vote-bill

On 7/26/2022 at 9:42 AM, ryoder said:

Just the headline here says all you need to know about the latest scumbags:

Video Shows Republicans Fist Bumping After Blocking Veteran Healthcare Bill

newsweek.com/gop-fistbump-pact-senate-military-ted-cruz-steve-daines-1729031

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Just the headline here says all you need to know about the latest scumbags:

Video Shows Republicans Fist Bumping After Blocking Veteran Healthcare Bill

newsweek.com/gop-fistbump-pact-senate-military-ted-cruz-steve-daines-1729031

Hi Bill,

What would you expect.  Their great leader said the military were 'suckers' and 'losers.'

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Since he did run for an electable office, I would consider him a politician.  The problem would seem to be that he is not as popular as he would like:  Mark McCloskey, who waved gun at protesters, garners just 3 percent of GOP Senate primary vote | The Hill

This, and the Kansas abortion vote, I'm starting to have hope for the mid-terms.

Jerry Baumchen

8 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Since he did run for an electable office, I would consider him a politician.  The problem would seem to be that he is not as popular as he would like:  Mark McCloskey, who waved gun at protesters, garners just 3 percent of GOP Senate primary vote | The Hill

This, and the Kansas abortion vote, I'm starting to have hope for the mid-terms.

Jerry Baumchen

It was a stolen election!!!

29 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Ha! In the UK you have to pay a £500 deposit to get on the ballot, and if you get less than 5% of the vote you lose it for being a useless waste of everyone else's time.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, jakee said:

Ha! In the UK you have to pay a £500 deposit to get on the ballot, and if you get less than 5% of the vote you lose it for being a useless waste of everyone else's time.

I thought the Monster Raving Loony Party was quite entertaining, and I suspect they lost a lot of deposits.

13 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Daily Beast: Prosecutor Who Got Defendant Pregnant and Had Affair With Juror Is Now Running for Judge

“If you’re a prosecutor, you’re not even supposed to talk to a defendant without her attorney being present, much less—well, this,”

Ya think?

Merica, gotta love it. If you can win or fix elections, the electorate is happy. Getting all that they deserve.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Daily Beast: Prosecutor Who Got Defendant Pregnant and Had Affair With Juror Is Now Running for Judge

“If you’re a prosecutor, you’re not even supposed to talk to a defendant without her attorney being present, much less—well, this,”

Ya think?

It ended a couple of months later when Sartain became pregnant and she told his wife. Leveridge then moved to void her pretrial diversion, though it was later reinstated by a special prosecutor who took over for Leveridge in the case.

….Leveridge told investigators he met Sartain through a probation officer with whom he was also having sex.”

Sounds legit to me.

27 minutes ago, jakee said:

It ended a couple of months later when Sartain became pregnant and she told his wife. Leveridge then moved to void her pretrial diversion, though it was later reinstated by a special prosecutor who took over for Leveridge in the case.

….Leveridge told investigators he met Sartain through a probation officer with whom he was also having sex.”

Sounds legit to me.

Kentucky. Help me out here, seems like there are other asshole politicians from Kentucky.

• Like 3

After all the antics of Trump and Bojo the (now former) Prime Minister of Australia decided to join the fun. In a highly legally and ethically dubious move he secretly appointed himself to the posts of several of his most senior Ministers, usurping their constitutional powers, in most cases without even telling them he'd done it let alone the public. In 2021 he was Prime Minister, Health Minister, Finance Minister, Resources Minister, Home Affairs Minister and Minister for the Treasury all in one go, which sounds like a very healthy position for a stable democracy.

Current Prime Minister Albanese offered this detailed analysis; "It's just weird."

Is this the end for 'Side Hustle Scotty'?

16 minutes ago, jakee said:

After all the antics of Trump and Bojo the (now former) Prime Minister of Australia decided to join the fun. In a highly legally and ethically dubious move he secretly appointed himself to the posts of several of his most senior Ministers, usurping their constitutional powers, in most cases without even telling them he'd done it let alone the public. In 2021 he was Prime Minister, Health Minister, Finance Minister, Resources Minister, Home Affairs Minister and Minister for the Treasury all in one go, which sounds like a very healthy position for a stable democracy.

Current Prime Minister Albanese offered this detailed analysis; "It's just weird."

When Trump hears about this, he will slap his forehead and say:

"Damn! I could have appointed myself FBI Director, and Attorney General, and Vice President, and solved all my problems!"

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ryoder said:

When Trump hears about this, he will slap his forehead and say:

"Damn! I could have appointed myself FBI Director, and Attorney General, and Vice President, and solved all my problems!"

Hi Robert,

Do NOT give him any ideas.  2024 is only two yrs away & he could campaign on that platform.

The GOP of today would back him 100%.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, jakee said:

In a highly legally and ethically dubious move he secretly appointed himself to the posts of several of his most senior Ministers, usurping their constitutional powers, in most cases without even telling them he'd done it let alone the public. In 2021 he was Prime Minister, Health Minister, Finance Minister, Resources Minister, Home Affairs Minister and Minister for the Treasury all in one go, which sounds like a very healthy position for a stable democracy.

We've been infected by an alarming number of brainworms leading some of our people to be "oh what's the big deal, he said it was for emergencies only".

The interesting thing is that if he'd been public about his actions from the start most people would have probably gone along with it, if he'd given the rationale he has now.

Unfortunately it's not really a good look when you give yourself these powers then explicitly override a decision previously made by the Resources Minister in order to help out one of your major donors.... Not that Scotty'll face any actual consequences for it.

NYT: Ex-Tennessee Speaker and Aide Charged With Bribery and Conspiracy

Former Speaker Glen Casada, 63, a Republican, and his top aide, Cade Cothren, 35, were charged with conspiracy to commit theft from programs receiving federal funds; bribery and kickbacks concerning programs receiving federal funds; honest services wire fraud; and conspiracy to commit money laundering.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, jakee said:

In contrast with America this was a coup and dictatorship of one. In America trump enjoys full party/popular support. In Australia most people seem to be rejecting these actions. In America republicans would be cheering in the streets, in the house and in Congress.