4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

But I do agree with you that none of the many threats to our existence that we know of are going to cause our complete extinction in the near future. Not even total nuclear war would do that.

Yep.  Climate change at its worst won't wipe us out - just make life miserable (and short) for billions of people on the planet.

How odd that some people have that as a goal.

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It is definitely going to happen. Homo Sapiens are thought to have existed for around 300.000 years. Our earliest ancestors that we know of about 6 million years. The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Nothing lasts forever. But I do agree with you that none of the many threats to our existence that we know of are going to cause our complete extinction in the near future. Not even total nuclear war would do that.

Hi Ken,

Re:  The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Nothing lasts forever.

And, those in the know say that from beginning to end, the lifespan of the Earth is 12 billion yrs.

The Life and Death of Planet Earth: How the New Science of Astrobiology Charts the Ultimate Fate of Our World by Peter D. Ward (goodreads.com)

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Donald Trump, the Poster Boy for Another Scumbag Politician, has sunk to a new low.

Donald Trump falsely declared . . .  that public health authorities are denying the COVID-19 vaccine to white people because of their race.

FACT CHECK: Trump seeds race animus with COVID falsehood - OPB

Jerry Baumchen

6 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Donald Trump, the Poster Boy for Another Scumbag Politician, has sunk to a new low.

Donald Trump falsely declared . . .  that public health authorities are denying the COVID-19 vaccine to white people because of their race.

FACT CHECK: Trump seeds race animus with COVID falsehood - OPB

Jerry Baumchen

That's fine if it enrages more of the deplorables and gets them riled up and demanding vaccinations!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

That's fine if it enrages more of the deplorables and gets them riled up and demanding vaccinations!

Sort of the opposite of the idea that the 'liberals' are pushing so hard for everyone to get vaxed because they know the idiot deplorables will oppose anything from the left?

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Dirty politics in IL?  Say it ain't so.

Glad to see you aren't always pointing out Republicans.

This is, and always has been, an equal opportunity thread.  If your memory were better you would know this.

Political scumbaggery is equal opportunity with regard to party.

• Like 1

Looks like Trump's last Chief of Staff is not only in contempt of congress, but also being investigated for possible vote fraud.

I guess the GOP's preoccupation with fraud stems from self-analysis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/03/08/mark-meadows-trailer-home-voter-fraud/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-did-mark-meadows-register-to-vote-at-an-address-where-he-did-not-reside

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Felony charges are nothing to scoff at:  The felony charges include attempting to influence a public servant, identity theft, criminal impersonation and conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation.

Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters indicted for election tampering : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

Damn! I missed this in my morning news scan. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Felony charges are nothing to scoff at:  The felony charges include attempting to influence a public servant, identity theft, criminal impersonation and conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation.

Jerry Baumchen

Election fraud from A REPUBLICAN no less!  Whoever would have thought it.

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

Here is an article that goes into the details of what the wacko did:
ArsTechnica: Republican county clerk indicted in voting-machine breach, arrest warrant issued

Robert Regan, the Republican front-runner for a Michigan House seat, said this during a Facebook live stream on Sunday hosted by the conservative Rescue Michigan Coalition: “I tell my daughters, ‘Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it.’”

10 minutes ago, kallend said:

Robert Regan, the Republican front-runner for a Michigan House seat, said this during a Facebook live stream on Sunday hosted by the conservative Rescue Michigan Coalition: “I tell my daughters, ‘Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it.’”

As well as other things. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on in Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

As well as other things. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on in Michigan. 

It sure would be nice to have a center-left and a center-right party, which could exclude the nut-jobs who seem to dominate these days.

• Like 4

It's all part of the overall amplification of everything in our society. I'm not sure if that's caused by, or reflected by, or simply exacerbated by, the plethora of mass media available to meet all "needs" all the time. Consider the old mantra that headlines sell, and big headlines sell better. Who, then, wouldn't want a bigger headline? Especially when considering the second one of there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Wendy P.

7 hours ago, kallend said:

Hi John,

The GOP candidate for Father of the Year.

Jerry Baumchen 

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

If turn out for primary elections were higher that be so.

Hi Ken,

I cannot speak for other states.  Here, in Oregon, the GOP seems to run the far rights types ( and they get worse as the election gets closer ) in the primaries ( always in May ).  Then these far rights type nominees seem to be unable to get actually elected because this state is pretty good at not electing far right types.  The exception is Oregon Congressional District #2, which is mostly out in rural farm land.

Even then, the winners are really not 'far right types.'

Jerry Baumchen