4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

8 hours ago, kallend said:

Hi John,

No different than the other senator from Kentucky; who rails against pork; but, don't you dare talk about those tobacco subsidies.

Jerry Baumchen

In 2013, he opposed a disaster relief measure for the Northeast following the devastation caused by Superstorm Sandy. 

Four years later, he voted against relief funds for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, which struck Louisiana and Texas. 

Now it is his home state, he has asked for disaster relief from the Federal government.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kallend said:

In 2013, he opposed a disaster relief measure for the Northeast following the devastation caused by Superstorm Sandy. 

Four years later, he voted against relief funds for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, which struck Louisiana and Texas. 

Now it is his home state, he has asked for disaster relief from the Federal government.

Not a fan of Rand Paul, but the news bites you're quoting are a bit unfair. His position has always been to reallocate funding to pay for disaster relief instead of raising the credit card limit and adding more debt (like let's not pay billions to other countries this year and use that money for our own country).  

Edited by BIGUN

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/14/opinion/kentucky-tornado-federal-aid.html#:~:text=The Rockefeller Institute publishes regular estimates of states’

Kentucky, whose senators preach fiscal responsibility and moral superiority to the rest of us, turns out to be top of the list of moocher states.

“aid for me but not for thee.”

Edited by kallend

38 minutes ago, kallend said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/14/opinion/kentucky-tornado-federal-aid.html#:~:text=The Rockefeller Institute publishes regular estimates of states’

Kentucky, whose senators preach fiscal responsibility and moral superiority to the rest of us, turns out to be top of the list of moocher states.

“aid for me but not for thee.”

Hi John,

Just more of the GOP forked-tongue approach to governing.

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Not as confused as they are.

I don't think GOP pols are confused.  They know perfectly well what they are doing to our democracy.  It's their followers, who think they have the good of society as a goal, who are confused.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Odd, but I don't find anything on foxnews.com about this.  In fact, I did not find anything at all on the Jan 6 commission.  It is almost as though they do not want their readers to know what is going on.

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

Nation Shocked That Jim Jordan Is Capable of Writing a Text

Funny stuff:

More Satire from the Borowitz Report

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Funny stuff:

More Satire from the Borowitz Report

No joke Amigos, is anyone still hopeful that rationality still has a chance in our lifetimes? Worldwide the numbers of people who either don't give a shit or are willing subjects for autocracy are not only already too many but are growing rapidly. Seems to me that the time is ripe to sell our recycling containers to the still gullible and accept reality.

2 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

Barring the occasional asteroid, it seems to do better without us.

We are of the planet and we are of the Earth. Children of the Sun. None of us know why, or what it means. But some try to fool themselves and others that they do.

14 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

"The whole world's gone to shit since John Wayne died,"   :)

Back in the 1979’s, my mother had a co worker whose daughter was a nurse in California. For John Wayne. Her regular comment was “my daughter shot John Wayne.”

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Just remember, the world does not actually need humans. None.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And so that shall come to pass. Too bad so few realize that truth.

I think the concept of zero humans is not going to happen.

We (as a species, not individually) are too smart, to adaptable, too persistent.

It may reach the point where there are only a few hundred thousand, maybe a few tens of thousands left.

But look at the environments humans have adapted to and survived in (not talking about the arm chair 'preppers').

Inuits above the Arctic Circle.
Bushmen in the Kalahari.

Natives in the Amazon. 

I don't see us (again, as a species) going extinct.
Even severe global warming will leave some areas that are habitable.
Short of nuclear destruction, poisoning the entire planet (On The Beach, anyone?), there will be someplace that is habitable for at least a few people.

It just won't be a lot of fun when most (almost all) of us die off.

10 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think the concept of zero humans is not going to happen.

It is definitely going to happen. Homo Sapiens are thought to have existed for around 300.000 years. Our earliest ancestors that we know of about 6 million years. The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Nothing lasts forever. But I do agree with you that none of the many threats to our existence that we know of are going to cause our complete extinction in the near future. Not even total nuclear war would do that.

Edited by gowlerk