4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

21 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Makes one wonder how they pronounce it.

Student: I have one question, Representative Posthumus.
Bryan: That's Past-Humee.
Student: I beg your pardon?
Bryan: My name, it's pronounced Past-Humee.
Student: But aren't you the son of the famous Dick Posthumus, the former Lieutenant Governor of Michigan and majority leader of the Michigan Senate, and the patriarch of the Posthumus-Bartz clan?
Bryan: Yes. Yes. Yes, we all know what he did. But I'd rather be remembered for my own small contributions to politics, and not because of my accidental relationship to a famous relative. Now if you don't mind, can we get on with your question?

So Colorado Representative Richard Holtorf was speaking to the State House to a mixed-race group of lawmakers.  At one point someone hurried him along and he said “I’m getting there. Don’t worry, Buckwheat. I’m getting there.  That’s an endearing term, by the way.”

Shockingly, several members of the House (both black and white) did not find it endearing.

20 minutes ago, billvon said:

So Colorado Representative Richard Holtorf was speaking to the State House to a mixed-race group of lawmakers.  At one point someone hurried him along and he said “I’m getting there. Don’t worry, Buckwheat. I’m getting there.  That’s an endearing term, by the way.”

Shockingly, several members of the House (both black and white) did not find it endearing.

Hi Bill,

Casablanca Shocked - Bing video

Jerry Baumchen

In what comes as another non-surprise, it turns that Marjorie Taylor Greene is helping herself to some illegal tax deductions.  (You know that next week she's going to be attacking some democrat for not paying enough in taxes.)

==================================

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has been accused of violating a Georgia law on property taxes by illegally filing for tax exemptions on two different homes. Local news station Channel 2 Action News says it dug up documentation that shows Greene filed for and received tax breaks on homes in two different counties, despite state law making clear that the homestead exemption is only allowed for one residence, the primary one.

===================================

Hi folks,

Once again, Moscow Mitch makes the list:  McConnell turns Senate Republicans against Jan. 6 commission - POLITICO

This makes it a trifecta:  Former President Donald Trump and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy are also against the commission proposal.

Wouldn't want the American public to actually know the truth would they?

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Once again, Moscow Mitch makes the list:  McConnell turns Senate Republicans against Jan. 6 commission - POLITICO

This makes it a trifecta:  Former President Donald Trump and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy are also against the commission proposal.

Jerry Baumchen

What a contrast with their demands over Benghazi.

• Like 4

(edited)
6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Looks like the old trifecta might not have the clout it would like to have:  House GOP divisions were on full display Wednesday as dozens of Republicans broke with their party leadership and former President Donald Trump to support a proposed commission investigating the Jan. 6 siege on the Capitol.

GOP defections over Jan. 6 commission deliver rebuke to McCarthy - POLITICO

As I posted before:  Trump - The Forgotten Person - Speakers Corner - Dropzone.com

The next two yrs will be telling.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

This statement makes no sense. There's a reason an investigation is sought - to uncover what happened. 

The reason for an HONEST investigation is to uncover what happened. The reason for THAT investigation was to smear Hillary Clinton, regardless of what happened. That was the sole purpose, truth be damned.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, okalb said:

The reason for THAT investigation was to smear Hillary Clinton, regardless of what happened. That was the sole purpose, truth be damned.

The reason for an investigation it to: Investigate.

There were ten investigations by five [bipartisan] house committees and while Clinton was absolved of any wrongdoing; there were still things that were done wrong while she was Secretary of State. That was the truth in the end.      

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

This statement makes no sense. There's a reason an investigation is sought - to uncover what happened. 

Seriously?

Do you think the reason the Republicans in the House conducted multiple lengthy investigations of Clinton was to 'uncover what happened'?

You aren't that naive. 

Do you remember the actions the US took in Somalia back in the early 90s?
The ones that ended with several helicopters being shot down and a bunch of Udeaths? (Black Hawk Down)

Far more deaths than in Benghazi.

Do you remember the fallout from the investigation of that?
Do you remember who ended up resigning?

The Benghazi 'investigation', and the garbage around the e-mails (funny how Trump's spawn did the exact same thing, but no investigation) were blatant attempts to undermine her viability as a candidate. 
And they succeeded rather well.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Do you think the reason the Republicans in the House conducted multiple lengthy investigations of Clinton was to 'uncover what happened'?

You aren't that naive. 

No. I'm not.

https://finance.townhall.com/columnists/bobbeauprez/2013/04/09/specops-community-demands-answers-on-benghazi-n1561819

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Not according to people like Kevin McCarthy.  He explained its purpose this way: "Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping."

There were ten investigations by five [bipartisan] house committees and while Clinton was absolved of any wrongdoing; there were still things that were done wrong while she was Secretary of State. That was the truth in the end.    

Well, but see, that means it was a fishing expedition, not an investigation of Benghazi.  And as Kevin McCarthy admits, its purpose WAS that fishing - and it was successful at that.

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I guess the GOP was too busy during the four years of Mr. trump's administration to get around to locking Hillary up and finishing Benghazi.

"Claims that Obama and Biden "directly participated in a plot" to murder members of SEAL Team Six are wrong....We rate it Pants on Fire!

Republicans launched more investigations. They created a House committee on Benghazi, which—as Issa and others would later admit—aimed to tarnish Clinton and cripple her candidacy. In hours of public interrogation and in the committee’s final report, Republican Rep. Jim Jordan said Clinton had neglected warning signs before the attack and had played up the protests to avoid acknowledging the terrorism. At the 2016 Republican National Convention, Sen. Marco Rubio alleged that Clinton had “turned her back on the fallen heroes in Benghazi.” Sen. Ted Cruz, taking Clinton’s words out of context, accused her of shrugging off “the death of Americans at Benghazi.”

Five years later, at least five people are dead after last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol. That’s more than the number of Americans killed in Benghazi. But this attack wasn’t inspired by radical Islamists. It was inspired by Republicans.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I guess the GOP was too busy during the four years of Mr. trump's administration to get around to locking Hillary up and finishing Benghazi.

"Claims that Obama and Biden "directly participated in a plot" to murder members of SEAL Team Six are wrong....We rate it Pants on Fire!

Republicans launched more investigations. They created a House committee on Benghazi, which—as Issa and others would later admit—aimed to tarnish Clinton and cripple her candidacy. In hours of public interrogation and in the committee’s final report, Republican Rep. Jim Jordan said Clinton had neglected warning signs before the attack and had played up the protests to avoid acknowledging the terrorism. At the 2016 Republican National Convention, Sen. Marco Rubio alleged that Clinton had “turned her back on the fallen heroes in Benghazi.” Sen. Ted Cruz, taking Clinton’s words out of context, accused her of shrugging off “the death of Americans at Benghazi.”

Five years later, at least five people are dead after last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol. That’s more than the number of Americans killed in Benghazi. But this attack wasn’t inspired by radical Islamists. It was inspired by Republicans.

Hi Phil,

Re:  It was inspired by Republicans.

~55 yrs ago ( about when I joined the Republican Party ), they would not have been called 'Republicans.'  They would have been called 'nut-cases.'

Times do change.

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:  It was inspired by Republicans.

~55 yrs ago ( about when I joined the Republican Party ), they would not have been called 'Republicans.'  They would have been called 'nut-cases.'

Times do change.

Jerry Baumchen

Well the GOP house members that voted for the Jan. 6th commission show there are still a few around. But its disheartening to see so many trump bag _____ers.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping."

And, what happened to him right after that.

I'm not so naive to think that it didn't turn into a political football. But, the original request was to answer the questions drawn up by the signatories to create a House Select Committee on the Terrorist Attack in Benghazi.  That was it and that was my only point.