DJmikeD

I am joining the club

;) Well yesterday I graduated from the AFF program and it felt great. my last jump was ahead first superman dive out the plain and had to maintain stability. It was amazing. I have to thank all the great instructors from the Skydance Skydive DZ for giving me the knowledge to obtain my goal. I can't wait to get back in the harness and start jumping on my own to obtain my A License. I did want to give some advice to all students going through the program. Just listen to the instructors. I say this because as I was going threw through the jumps I hit a bit of a sluggish point in my training. As I got to the C-1 and C-2 Jump they told me that I had to repeat the C jump and I was not ready to move on. At first I took this as a failure on my part. I was a little upset and came really close to calling the training quits. But after a short talk with my instructor saying that this was the hardest part of the training and that it may take some time to get the hang of it. I suited back up and jumped my C-3 Jump. Now with my C-3 Jump this catapulted my learning and I graduated a jump early. They were adding maneuvers into the jump plan and I was hitting each one of them with no problem. My landings improved 200% and it was a total confidence builder. Now looking back I can only say thank you for holding me back for one more jump in the C class. Because of this, they set me up for success in the future jumps. moral of the story Skydance Rocks, I love to jump there and the staff is A+ in my book. Also for all students don’t get discouraged if it takes a little longer to make the grade. You will be a better jumper for it. I am only at 8 jumps right now but I look forward to making many more with the knowledge that was passed on to me by the fine instructors that maid it fun.

"Falling is the easy part, Landing smoothly is the most importent part!
-DJ Mike

welcome to the club man . congrats on sticking to it ..... and you are right that landing safely being the important part . that is also the part you can get an a licsense without getting much training on so seek all the input you can in that area .

best of luck and hope I can jump with you some time .

people see me as a challenge to their balance