CameraNewbie

A black female has a message for Mike Brown supporters

DanG

I haven't seen the messge yet.

I just wonder how many posts before someone asks, "where are all the black people speaking out against the riots?"

There's many - here's a few:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04BeElmr0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmdz0sdrnlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nimHO0LLFHs
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Why does a black person have to go out and speak against riots?

I dident feel the need to go and speak out anytime a white person does something stupid.

Why would one try to make any black person feel guilty for something that has no relation to them?

People are bunched up from the very start by assumptions, from the first second every white person was assumed to agree with the police and any black person was pretty much assumed to be a "Mike Brown supporter" (Even thought Mike himself has very little to do with this apart from being "the last drop")

I see several videos of black people apologies for what other black people do but this only comes from the fact that if they dont do this they are assumed to agree with what this random black person has done. Why?

This doesnt only aply of blacks, iv seen it a bunch of times and it does nothing more then cause more separations in form of "us and them" mentality.

I agree with you.

Every time a member or members of some "other" group, like blacks or Muslims, does something wrong, there is a spate of right wing posts here asking why the rest of that community isn't speaking out. It's stupid. I was commenting on that.

- Dan G

DanG

I agree with you.

Every time a member or members of some "other" group, like blacks or Muslims, does something wrong, there is a spate of right wing posts here asking why the rest of that community isn't speaking out. It's stupid. I was commenting on that.

I agree, too. The last time white people rioted, I didn't feel the need to say anything.

DanG

The last time white people rioted, I didn't feel the need to say anything.

How about the last time a white person shot up a school or movie theater? Where was the outrage from the white community?

I was pretty outraged. Weren't you? Of course, I didn't run around screaming it had anything to do with race.

I was pretty outraged. Weren't you? Of course, I didn't run around screaming it had anything to do with race.

I was outraged as a human being, not as a white person. It would be nice if blacks were allowed to be outraged as human beings, too.

- Dan G

DanG

How about the last time a white person shot up a school or movie theater? Where was the outrage from the white community?

Right here!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Right here!

We do it by bitching and raising hell on here and in social media.

They do it by rioting and burning shit up. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

DanG

I agree with you.

I actually agree with the part that all people have opinions and we can listen or not and should be biased by their cosmetics. I do disagree about it ONLY being extreme righties. I see it here across the board.

Even so, it's confusing - the following is used for 3 or 4 different social issues, but this thread is the epitome of it

Posters here "Group A has a unique situation, people from Group B need to shut the hell up and LISTEN as they don't understand the situation, they aren't wired to - we need to listen to Group A and ignore Group B. What people in Group A have to say is special"

Some guy "Well, I think people are people, but if you insist, it sounds good, so here's some quotes from people in Group A"

First posters "what the HELL dude? why are you quoting from people in Group A like it's something special? we're all just people."

anyway, it's good for a laugh

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Really? Please direct me to the posts where white people are apologizing for Loughner or Harris and Klebold.

They do it by rioting and burning shit up.

When we stop thinking of blacks as "them" the world will be a better place.

- Dan G

DanG

Really? Please direct me to the posts where white people are apologizing for Loughner or Harris and Klebold.

They do it by rioting and burning shit up.

When we stop thinking of blacks as "them" the world will be a better

place.

Listen UP. I will never apologize for the actions of another. Thats your leftist 'white privelidge' mentality speaking out.

DanG

When we stop thinking of blacks as "them" the world will be a better place.

you phrase that as when "WE" stop thinking of ..... what group is this 'we' that you're a part of?

any group needs to stop thinking of themselves as 'us' and other groups at 'them'

I don't think that attitude is the sole province of any specific group and not any other

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Listen UP. I will never apologize for the actions of another. Thats your leftist 'white privelidge' mentality speaking out.

But blacks are supposed to apologize and feel bad about the riots in Ferguson?

Nice double standard.

- Dan G

you phrase that as when "WE" stop thinking of ..... what group is this 'we' that you're a part of?

any group needs to stop thinking of themselves as 'us' and other groups at 'them'

I don't think that attitude is the sole province of any specific group and not any other

I agree completely. I was trying to be pity. I guess what I should have said is when whites and blacks both stop thinking of "us" and "them" as separate groups, and starting thinking of "us" as human beings, then we can finally get a good round of kumbaya going.

- Dan G

DanG

I agree completely. I was trying to be pity. I guess what I should have said is when whites and blacks both stop thinking of "us" and "them" as separate groups, and starting thinking of "us" as human beings, then we can finally get a good round of kumbaya going.

:D

well that's different, it had come across as only one sided and I find that to be a fractional and divisive comment.

I'm a fan of 'pithy'...I'm just lousy at it