rushmc

Obama the comedian?

Maybe not[:/]

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/12/15/President-Obama-Joke-Calling-Troops-Santa-in-Fatigues-Silenced-Audience

Monday, at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey, during an address to the troops, President Obama made a joke that they are like "'Santa in Fatigues," which was received with complete silence, prompting the president to nervously name-drop the military aircraft C-130 to evoke a response.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

what do you want us to say?

the guy made a bad joke... so what?

He IS a bad joke and

I had slacked off from my ODS. But i went off my meds so i am back

:)8
Abraham Lincoln

Hi rush,

He IS a bad joke

To some, that is very true.

But then again Pres. Bush opened the door to a closet in China.

I voted for Obama for his ability to be Head of State, not his joke-telling ability.

And just to 'head you off at the pass,' I am not 100% satisfied with his results as being our 'Head of State.' For me, he was a whole lot better than the other guy(s).

Jerry Baumchen

I am amazed that you actually thought he could be a head-of-state. Nothing in his 2008 or 2012 campaigns indicated he had any credentials in that arena.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Quite a stretch trying make chicken shit out of chicken salad. As most of you know, I'm no Obama fan, but for God's sake he was thanking the troops for their service during the holidays.

As for the mandatory formation.. yeah, that looks like one of those the General asked for a 1500 HRS Formation, so the Colonel asked for a 1400 HRS formation, so the company commanders asked for a 1300 HRS formation and the CSM had an 1100 HRS uniform inspection kinda formations.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Channman

***This is Obama the comedian

The source of the Giant Sucking Sound...it all make since now.You suck through your asshole? I bet your boyfriend loves that!

Don

I understood exactly what you said. I simply could not understand how you could reach that conclusion. Both McCain and Romney had experience and presence on the world stage. BHO was just a community organizer with a resume' of questionable references and assets.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I understood exactly what you said. I simply could not understand how you could reach that conclusion. Both McCain and Romney had experience and presence on the world stage. BHO was just a community organizer with a resume' of questionable references and assets.

:D:D:D

You're like a caricature.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

JerryBaumchen

Hi rush,

He IS a bad joke

I voted for Obama for his ability to be Head of State, not his joke-telling ability.

And just to 'head you off at the pass,' I am not 100% satisfied with his results as being our 'Head of State.' For me, he was a whole lot better than the other guy(s).

He is a joke as head of state too
And what he has become was predicted with great accuracy

Jerry Baumchen

Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

Let's talk about McCain. Individually qualified? Very probably so.
BUT.
One of the hallmarks of a capable manager is capable personnel decisions, especially when it comes to hiring key personnel. More on this in a sec.

Lincoln's death gave us Andrew Johnson. McKinley's death gave us Teddy Roosevelt. So as you can see, sometimes sudden mid-term succession works out pretty well, while other times the result is pretty awful.

Brings me back to the first part. Had McCain become president he would have been age 72 yrs 5 mos upon inauguration. Plus 4 to 8 years after that. Plus, his body has probably been prematurely aged by the ravages of incarceration and torture; Plus he was, by then, already a cancer survivor. Doesn't take an actuary to see where I'm going with this. I like the guy, and I'm glad he's still alive and ornery. But I have my doubts that he'd have survived 2 full terms of the stress of the presidency. And we know what that woulda meant.

Remember what I said about capable managers and hiring key personnel? You tell me how warm and fuzzy a feeling the prospect of Sarah Palin as President of the United States gave most fence-sitters in the US. Try horrified. That was a really incompetent key personnel decision McCain made. Lost him a huge number of votes that would otherwise gone for him (like my fairly conservative Marine vet Dad's vote, for example), and he has to own it.

As for Romney? Yeah, equally bright as Obama, maybe better credentialed than him, good track record as a manager and a governor.
BUT.
He came across like a Big Fat Douche. And he sat on his hands too much during the campaign, presuming he was The Anointed One to unseat the incumbent. Well... that's how Tom Dewey lost his election, that's how John Kerry lost his election, and that's how Mitt lost his. And deservedly so.

There will be a 10-point quiz on Friday.

rushmc

***Hi rush,

He IS a bad joke

He is a joke as head of state too
And what he has become was predicted with great accuracy

Jerry Baumchen

??

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Andy9o8

***I understood exactly what you said. I simply could not understand how you could reach that conclusion. Both McCain and Romney had experience and presence on the world stage. BHO was just a community organizer with a resume' of questionable references and assets.

BUT.
One of the hallmarks of a capable manager is capable personnel decisions, especially when it comes to hiring key personnel. More on this in a sec.

Lincoln's death gave us Andrew Johnson. McKinley's death gave us Teddy Roosevelt. So as you can see, sometimes sudden mid-term succession works out pretty well, while other times the result is pretty awful.

Brings me back to the first part. Had McCain become president he would have been age 72 yrs 5 mos upon inauguration. Plus 4 to 8 years after that. Plus, his body has probably been prematurely aged by the ravages of incarceration and torture; Plus he was, by then, already a cancer survivor. Doesn't take an actuary to see where I'm going with this. I like the guy, and I'm glad he's still alive and ornery. But I have my doubts that he'd have survived 2 full terms of the stress of the presidency. And we know what that woulda meant.

Remember what I said about capable managers and hiring key personnel? You tell me how warm and fuzzy a feeling the prospect of Sarah Palin as President of the United States gave most fence-sitters in the US. Try horrified. That was a really incompetent key personnel decision McCain made. Lost him a huge number of votes that would otherwise gone for him (like my fairly conservative Marine vet Dad's vote, for example), and he has to own it.

As for Romney? Yeah, equally bright as Obama, maybe better credentialed than him, good track record as a manager and a governor.
BUT.
He came across like a Big Fat Douche. And he sat on his hands too much during the campaign, presuming he was The Anointed One to unseat the incumbent. Well... that's how Tom Dewey lost his election, that's how John Kerry lost his election, and that's how Mitt lost his. And deservedly so.

Well played sir.... well played.

I still would prefer Romney but you have valid points. ;)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Andy9o8

***I understood exactly what you said. I simply could not understand how you could reach that conclusion. Both McCain and Romney had experience and presence on the world stage. BHO was just a community organizer with a resume' of questionable references and assets.

BUT.
One of the hallmarks of a capable manager is capable personnel [email]decisions, especially when it comes to hiring key personnel. More on this in a sec.

BUT.

The Palin decision showed he was either incredibly stupid, or unable to stand up against "party pressure". Both options aren't really presidential material. He really just disqualified himself.

Speaking of VP's, last nights The Daily Show had Jon Stewart talking at length about Cheney and his angry defense of torture. Then Stewart ended the segment with this zinger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFzIBATbEGI&t=9m2s

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

BUT.

BUT.

Well said, Sir. You left out Dukakis at the end. For me... All about McCain at the time, but when he picked Palin I was done. Horrible decision.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

ryoder

Speaking of VP's, last nights The Daily Show had Jon Stewart talking at length about Cheney and his angry defense of torture. Then Stewart ended the segment with this zinger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFzIBATbEGI&t=9m2s

:D

Good segment. As so often, Stewart does get to the heart of things.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

You left out Dukakis at the end.

You know, I had thought about including Dukakis, but decided against it because I don't think he acted like an Anointed One who arrogantly presumed his election was a foregone conclusion. IMO, Dukakis lost because his incompetent campaign was even more incompetent than Bush Sr.'s incompetent campaign.

American democracy: government by the least worst of the bad. :| Hopefully.