BillyVance

China's courts execute more people than the rest of the world combined

catfishhunter

***Number of people in jail in China - 1.5 million
Number of people in jail in the US - 2.2 million

Prisoners per population, China - 12 per 10,000
Prisoners per population, US - 72 per 10,000

Those Chinese have a long way to go before they dethrone us as the convicting-est, jailing-est country on the planet.

But to your point, perhaps our reluctance to use the death penalty (and how many places we have banned it) is one of the things that does set us above China a bit.

How about using numbers that matter Billy. Like crimes not prisoners. More criminals and crimes committed mean more prisoners. Your smarter then that.

I'm sure the list of crimes in China that are punishable by death is a lot longer than that of the U.S. Their punishments are just much more severe overall. Hell, just speaking out against the government gets you a few harsh years in prison.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

catfishhunter

***Number of people in jail in China - 1.5 million

Those Chinese have a long way to go before they dethrone us as the convicting-est, jailing-est country on the planet.

But to your point, perhaps our reluctance to use the death penalty (and how many places we have banned it) is one of the things that does set us above China a bit.

How about using numbers that matter Billy. Like crimes not prisoners. More criminals and crimes committed mean more prisoners. Your smarter then that.

Why would Americans be 6 times more likely to commit jailable offences than Chinese?

What are you teaching your kids?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******Number of people in jail in China - 1.5 million

Why would Americans be 6 times more likely to commit jailable offences than Chinese?

What are you teaching your kids? How many post in speakers corner do you have? Our society has glorified the gangster life for a long time and now we have the white house and justice department justifying and condoning it too as well as those like you who are so lost in their liberal ideology they cant see the fist that is about to smash them in the face.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Our society has glorified the gangster life ... cant see the fist that is about to smash them in the face.

Irony alert!

I guess when other people glorify violence they're thugs, but when you glorify violence that makes you a patriot? Or maybe it just makes you a different thug?

Don

BillyVance

Plus we at least give condemned inmates on death row plenty of time for appeals. China does not.

ETA The Chinese execute people for far less worse crimes as well. I don't have any hard data to back that up but that article does say the country executed 2400 people last year.

What did Voltaire say about executing the occasional Admiral? The Chinesse like to execute the occasional mayor or other "bigwig" for corruption convictions.

I'm sure the list of crimes in China that are punishable by death is a lot longer than that of the U.S. Their punishments are just much more severe overall.

China: 55 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_offences_in_China

May drop 9 http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/10/28/359553334/china-may-drop-9-crimes-from-list-of-death-penalty-offenses

USA: 41 http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004927

Our list is relating to murder, except for a few. Their list covers everything from treason to surrendering.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Our society has glorified the gangster life for a long time and now we have the white house and justice department justifying and condoning it too as well ...

I know, like when Obama tells black youth to pull up their pants, stay in school, and get a job! He might as well be rapping along to NWA.

- Dan G

catfishhunter

Our society has glorified the gangster life for a long time

Ok, so the USA jails 6 times as many citizens as China because Chinese culture is better than American culture?

and now we have the white house and justice department justifying and condoning it too

Yeah? Like how?

as well as those like you who are so lost in their liberal ideology they cant see the fist that is about to smash them in the face.

I have no idea what that means.

jakee

***Our society has glorified the gangster life for a long time

Ok, so the USA jails 6 times as many citizens as China because Chinese culture is better than American culture?

and now we have the white house and justice department justifying and condoning it too

Yeah? Like how?

as well as those like you who are so lost in their liberal ideology they cant see the fist that is about to smash them in the face.

I have no idea what that means.

No one said anything about one being better then the other not sure how you came up with that ridicules question/statement.

Obama and Holder have interjected themselves over and over into and appeared to have taken the side of criminals. Travyon and Michael Brown how this escapes you speaks volumes.

Lastly I am not surprised you have no Idea. Your posts reflect that over and over.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

>I guess when other people glorify violence they're thugs, but when you glorify violence
>that makes you a patriot?

Exactly! Someone who supports violence and torture against people who look or act different is a hero; someone who supports violence and torture against you is a villainous thug.

I've always thought when people label themselves "patriot" in this way, its analogous to countries labelling themselves "The Peoples Democratic republic of..."

Its usually those who want to secede from the union, or get rid of the incumbent government, or simply just exercise bigotry under a different name.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Obama and Holder have interjected themselves over and over into and appeared to have taken the side of criminals. Travyon and Michael Brown how this escapes you speaks volumes.

They have only "appeared" that way because right wing pundits have made it their mission to convince their gullible listeners of it. If you listen to what they actually say, they do not promote the thug lifestyle or support rioting.

- Dan G

DanG

They have only "appeared" that way because right wing pundits have made it their mission to convince their gullible listeners of it. If you listen to what they actually say, they do not promote the thug lifestyle or support rioting.

Is the justice department investigating Michael Browns family for civil rights violations for burning down white and Asian owned business's? rest my case

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

DanG

Is the justice department investigating Michael Browns family for civil rights violations for burning down white and Asian owned business's? rest my case

You apparently don't know what civil rights are.

Apparently you don't. The right to their property and to work was taken away by Micheal Browns family when they incited the riots.

A broad range of privileges and rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and subsequent amendments and laws that guarantee fundamental freedoms to all individuals. These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action ( civil liberties ); the right to enter into contracts, own property, and initiate lawsuits; the rights of due process and equal protection of the laws; opportunities in education and work; the freedom to live, travel, and use public facilities wherever one chooses; and the right to participate in the democratic political system....

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Apparently you don't. The right to their property and to work was taken away by Micheal Browns family when they incited the riots.

A broad range of privileges and rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and subsequent amendments and laws that guarantee fundamental freedoms to all individuals. These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action ( civil liberties ); the right to enter into contracts, own property, and initiate lawsuits; the rights of due process and equal protection of the laws; opportunities in education and work; the freedom to live, travel, and use public facilities wherever one chooses; and the right to participate in the democratic political system....

You know, you actually had me believing you were serious for a while there!

Best troll for a long time, well played:)

normiss

"These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action"

Which is apparently what the officials felt the Brown family was doing and said they would not pursue charges against them.

So if your black and trample someone that's not blacks rights its ok? I'm confused I thought all men were created equal?

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

catfishhunter

***"These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action"

Which is apparently what the officials felt the Brown family was doing and said they would not pursue charges against them.

So if your black and trample someone that's not blacks rights its ok? I'm confused I thought all men were created equal?

The KKK doesn't get prosecuted for it.

catfishhunter

***"These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action"

The read is the actual people that looted and assaulted did. Not the Brown family jsut for making speeches.

actions, not words....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

normiss

Where have you seen anything showing his family doing whatever it is you tried to put into words?

Burn this bitch down...pretty clear...the first amendment has been ruled not to cover statement such as these. It was an order not a emotional utterance. Cause and effect. Why you would defend these actions speaks volumes as to your character(s) One can only hope you experience the evil your so willing to defend and justify.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

catfishhunter

***Where have you seen anything showing his family doing whatever it is you tried to put into words?

Burn this bitch down...pretty clear...the first amendment has been ruled not to cover statement such as these. It was an order not a emotional utterance. Cause and effect. Why you would defend these actions speaks volumes as to your character(s) One can only hope you experience the evil your so willing to defend and justify.

It says as much about his character as you not condeming the KKK does about yours.