regulator

Jonathan Gruber...meet Trey Gowdy

Horribly painful to watch.

1 - I hope the goal wasn't to just embarrass that asshole Gruber. I think 50 acts of contrition from Gruber is enough. What's the point of the further pushing. Is 99 enough?

2 - The goal should be to find out if Gruber's statements were representative of the process and everyone else involved. i.e., the ONLY thing we need to know is if the american people were purposely misled for the sake of getting a piece of legislation through.

I found all the online videos to be about #1, I was hoping to see questioning that focused on #2

what a waste - if they were pushing #1 type questions, etc just to subtly get to #2, then I'm also pissed, ask the freaking questions right out and direct

The left is throwing Gruber under the bus on this, and he really is an idiot. As he's cooperating and sacrificing himself in the process.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

#1. It's all about embarrassing the current administration.

They don't care about facts, they don't care about reality, they don't care about the process involved.

And I don't doubt that the American people were misled to get the legislation passed. that's "business as usual." For both sides.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

#1. It's all about embarrassing the current administration..

:D
the current admin needs no help
They do this just fine on their own
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>#1. It's all about embarrassing the current administration.
>They don't care about facts, they don't care about reality, they don't care about >the process involved.

Of course it is. After the right wing failed with Benghazi, this is the latest tack they're going to take.

billvon

>#1. It's all about embarrassing the current administration.
>They don't care about facts, they don't care about reality, they don't care about >the process involved.

Of course it is. After the right wing failed with Benghazi, this is the latest tack they're going to take.

More like the left simply doesnt adhere to the credo of 'never leave a man behind" Because well....liberals dont give a fuck about the military or anyone in it.

More like the left simply doesnt adhere to the credo of 'never leave a man behind" Because well....liberals dont give a fuck about the military or anyone in it.

Was it the liberals who wanted Bergdahl to rot in Pakistan?

Your post is utter bullshit.

- Dan G

... and then subsequently left a marine in a mexican prison to rot.

That case is not the same. The Marine wasn't acting on orders in a combat theater. He was a civilian breaking local laws. Being a Marine Reservist had nothing to do with anything.

Joining the military is not a worldwide Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.

- Dan G

and then subsequently left a marine in a mexican prison to rot.

Yes, because being a Marine means you can break all the local laws in countries around the world and not have to go to jail.

So much for personal responsibility. Somebody gets killed while being arrested for selling single cigarettes. The response to that, well he shouldn't have broken the law. But, a Marine goes to jail for breaking the law...and you get your panties in a wad.

SkyDekker

Yes, because being a Marine means you can break all the local laws in countries around the world and not have to go to jail.

So much for personal responsibility. Somebody gets killed while being arrested for selling single cigarettes. The response to that, well he shouldn't have broken the law. But, a Marine goes to jail for breaking the law...and you get your panties in a wad.

SkyDekker and the others like him are the people who mocked a three time Purple Heart recipient during the 2004 election. The fake Purple Heart bandaids were an especially nice statement of how false their support of military veterans actually is. They chose to support a draft dodging cocaine trustafarian over a decorated Vietnam veteran.
There are no words to express my contempt for all of those un-American scumbags.

SkyDekker

Yes, because being a Marine means you can break all the local laws in countries around the world and not have to go to jail.So you support deserters, Ok

I almost agree with you save for one fact
The state has a specific police unit to do just what you are whining about
My position is the state created this black market by putting a $6 per pack tax on them
I blame the state and the cites
Not the police
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln