ryoder

Senate CIA Torture Report

catfishhunter

Well I have history on my side. Ask Japan. 2 bombs and they changed. Not one single liberal that has posted has offered any opinion on a solution only attacking those trying to keep us safe.

There is debate about why Japan surrendered.
Here is the timeline:

August 6 1945 - Hiroshima is bombed

August 9 1945 - Nagasaki is bombed

August 9 1945 - Soviet Union declares war on Japan

August 9 1945 - Soviet Union launches invasion of Manchuria on 3 fronts:
- Khingan–Mukden Offensive Operation
- Harbin–Kirin Offensive Operation
- Sungari Offensive Operation

August 15 1945 - Japan surrenders
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Well I have history on my side. Ask Japan. 2 bombs and they changed. Not one single liberal that has posted has offered any opinion on a solution only attacking those trying to keep us safe.

There is debate about why Japan surrendered.
Here is the timeline:

August 6 1945 - Hiroshima is bombed

August 9 1945 - Nagasaki is bombed

August 9 1945 - Soviet Union launches invasion of Manchuria on 3 fronts:
- Khingan–Mukden Offensive Operation
- Harbin–Kirin Offensive Operation
- Sungari Offensive Operation

August 15 1945 - Japan surrenders

Whatever....the American history books say it was because of the bombs.

Hi Deker,

the American history books say it was because of the bombs.

A lot of history books out there.

I've not read them all, and I doubt that you have.

However, a fair number that I have read indicate that:

was a major factor in Japan's decision to surrender. Prior to this, the Japanese had been petitioning the US for a surrender. However, the US wanted nothing less than a total surrender. This IMO is why the Japanese had not already surrendered.

Lot of books out there,

Jerry Baumchen

I think you may have missed the sarcasm in my post :)
Needless to say, I personally agree that there was more to the Japanese surrender than the two bombs.

The Japanese connection also reminds me of the unspeakable atrocities/war crimes commited by unit 731 and the American agreement not to prosecute any of them as war criminals as long as they got the information.

We are talking:

Vivisections of men, women and children while alive and without anastasia.
Amputations of various limbs to see how long it would take for people to die of blood loss.
Testing of granades on humans to see how positions and distances affected the outcome.
Testing of flame throwers.
Injection of diseases to study.
Tested the relationship between temperature, burns and survivability.
Put people into centrifuges alive and spun them to death.
Deprived people of food and water to see how long they would last until they died.
Placed into high pressure chambers to see at what pressure they would die.
Freezing and thawing of limbs to study the effects of gangrene and the rotting of flesh.
And many more unspeakable acts all performend on men, women, children and infants.

The US granted immunity from warcrime prosecution as long as results were shared.

The Nazi doctors were considerate and caring GPs compared to these monsters.

SkyDekker

And many more unspeakable acts all performend on men, women, children and infants.

The US granted immunity from warcrime persecution as long as results were shared.

But the US did hang the Japanese who waterboarded Americans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

mistercwood

***They attacked US and our way of Life. It will not end until we end it or they end it.

This is not up for debate as they have a choice in the matter and they have chosen all infidels must die and in case you haven't noticed or just to ignorant to realize it THATS YOU. Because I SEE who they are and HOW to stop them and am willing and approve of actually stopping them that makes me like Hitler?

Get off your high horses and actually look at what's coming. They are not going to go look at your posts in speakers corner and decide that since you stick up for them that you get to keep your head.

How you guys can even justify that these evil creatures that cut the heads off children get to continue to breathe is sickening.

And I am waiting for your superior intellects to spell out just how we defeat them. You seem to have the answer so please spell it out or are you going to try and call me Hitler again? Oh and calling me psychopath is a personal attack You going to ban him Billy?

Who is "they"? You need to be a bit more specific before you advocate for the nuclear annihilation of such an ill-defined group.

Still waiting for this rather key piece of information... :|
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Here is an interesting nugget:

The full cabinet met on 14:30 on August 9, and spent most of the day debating surrender. As the Big Six had done, the cabinet split, with neither Togo's position nor Anami's attracting a majority. Anami told the other cabinet ministers that, under torture, a captured American P-51 fighter pilot had told his interrogators that the United States possessed 100 atom bombs and that Tokyo and Kyoto would be bombed "in the next few days". The pilot, Marcus McDilda, was lying. He knew nothing of the Manhattan Project and simply told his interrogators what he thought they wanted to hear to end the torture. The lie, which caused him to be classified as a high-priority prisoner, probably saved him from beheading. In reality, the United States would have had the third bomb ready for use around August 19, and a fourth in September 1945. The third bomb probably would have been used against Tokyo.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan#Negotiations
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Here is an interesting nugget:

The full cabinet met on 14:30 on August 9, and spent most of the day debating surrender. As the Big Six had done, the cabinet split, with neither Togo's position nor Anami's attracting a majority. Anami told the other cabinet ministers that, under torture, a captured American P-51 fighter pilot had told his interrogators that the United States possessed 100 atom bombs and that Tokyo and Kyoto would be bombed "in the next few days". The pilot, Marcus McDilda, was lying. He knew nothing of the Manhattan Project and simply told his interrogators what he thought they wanted to hear to end the torture. The lie, which caused him to be classified as a high-priority prisoner, probably saved him from beheading. In reality, the United States would have had the third bomb ready for use around August 19, and a fourth in September 1945. The third bomb probably would have been used against Tokyo.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan#Negotiations

Torture victims LIE? Dick Cheney will be appalled to hear that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And you all still refuse to offer your great wisdom on how we stop this once and for all.
You all like to flap your lips proclaiming your great intellect but offer nothing of substance.

Ill let you guys continue your mental masturbation and just wish you Merry Christmas...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

And you all still refuse to offer your great wisdom on how we stop this once and for all.
You all like to flap your lips proclaiming your great intellect but offer nothing of substance.

Ill let you guys continue your mental masturbation and just wish you Merry Christmas...

Stop torture?

Well maybe prosecute those responsible for it. People like Cheney need to stand trial for what they have done. Let the justice system decide if torture was legal or not.

catfishhunter

You don't. You can't just kill everyone who hates you (and everyone else in the neighbouring area, no matter what their feelings) and not expect to create many more people who hate you. You have set an impossible criteria for 'winning'. No matter how much you flap your lips about your desire to go down as one of the greatest mass murderers in history none of it is worth a damn if you can't grasp that simple concept.

And I hope you enjoy your christmas as well - inbetween your daydreams of armageddon, obviously.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***And you all still refuse to offer your great wisdom on how we stop this once and for all.

You don't. You can't just kill everyone who hates you (and everyone else in the neighbouring area, no matter what their feelings) and not expect to create many more people who hate you. You have set an impossible criteria for 'winning'. No matter how much you flap your lips about your desire to go down as one of the greatest mass murderers in history none of it is worth a damn if you can't grasp that simple concept.

And I hope you enjoy your christmas as well - inbetween your daydreams of armageddon, obviously.

+1

jakee

***And you all still refuse to offer your great wisdom on how we stop this once and for all.

So your answer is you don't do anything you let them continue on THEIR path to Armageddon and you just let them.. Good plan..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

So your answer is you don't do anything you let them continue on THEIR path to Armageddon and you just let them.. Good plan..

No, but on balance it would lead to far fewer deaths (of both 'us' and 'them') then your plan. And it has the side benefit of not being evil.

BTW, since criminal gangs are responsible for more american deaths each year than terrorism what is your plan for dealing with them? Nuke LA, Detroit and Chicago or do nothing?

jakee

No, but on balance it would lead to far fewer deaths (of both 'us' and 'them') then your plan. And it has the side benefit of not being evil.

BTW, since criminal gangs are responsible for more american deaths each year than terrorism what is your plan for dealing with them? Nuke LA, Detroit and Chicago or do nothing?

You continue to ignore they get a vote.
Seen this today pretty much sums it up.

You attempt to side track this is weak at best. Lets try to keep it on topic.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

You continue to ignore they get a vote.

What does that even mean?

Seen this today pretty much sums it up.

I guess that's why they're trying to get rid of you, hmm?

You attempt to side track this is weak at best. Lets try to keep it on topic.

I thought your topic was 'winning' against 'bad guys' no matter what the collateral damage. So what are you going to do about the gangs who are far more likely to kill you than terrorists will ever be? Don't you have the guts to make the hard decisions?