ryoder

Senate CIA Torture Report

wolfriverjoe

And don't forget what happened to the guy who went undercover at Gitmo;
He was beaten so badly he was left with permanent brain damage:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Baker

If that is what happened to a guy who went undercover, then we must wonder how many real detainees have received similar permanent injuries.

And how many of those detainees were ever proven to have committed actions against the US?

Oh, yeah, they weren't given trials.

So, according to some on here, they must be innocent.

Brilliant. Where's Rush when you need him? ;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Bottom line, I don't want our enemies to have the slightest inkling, the most remote fantasy, that we will treat them with respect until they throw down their weapons and surrender. Until that happens I hope they consider us their worst nightmare from the abyss of horror. And, I hope there is enough evidence to support their fear.

You claim to have found Jesus and follow his teachings, I wonder how many new testament bible verses you can find that diametrically oppose what you just wrote. I suggest you start reading that bible of yours.

You are a raging hypocrite and I sometimes wonder why your head doesn't implode due to your cognitive dissonance.

Hmmm...nothing? The following response is from former CIA Directors George J. Tenet, Porter J. Goss and Michael V. Hayden (a retired Air Force general), and former CIA Deputy Directors John E. McLaughlin, Albert M. Calland (a retired Navy vice admiral) and Stephen R. Kappes :

Still think it's not simply politics as usual?

So if the President and DOJ say it is legal, that makes it legal? Then why are the Republicans so upset about Obamacare?

- Dan G

First, this report is a subterfuge to keep America from talking about the disaster of the BHO administration. Again a maneuver to focus on the previous president.

Second, my thoughts are always around the idea that sleep deprivation, continuous rock music and water boarding are acceptable means of interrogation. That is the practice I defend. Oh, I don't think putting women's panties on a Muslim's head is torture either.

Third, think about the state of mind we were in on 12 Sep 2001.

You can't focus on anything in the BHO administration and his reign of power without creating division, divisiveness, and extreme anger. Corruption and general decline in the values and race relations are destroying our pride in America.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

First, this report is a subterfuge to keep America from talking about the disaster of the BHO administration. Again a maneuver to focus on the previous president.

Second, my thoughts are always around the idea that sleep deprivation, continuous rock music and water boarding are acceptable means of interrogation. That is the practice I defend. Oh, I don't think putting women's panties on a Muslim's head is torture either.

Ok, so I guess that means you accept that dragging people around naked and beating the crap out if them and freezing people to death are forms of torture.

So let's talk about that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

...Third, think about the state of mind we were in on 12 Sep 2001...

We were very very angry and very very frightened.

Neither of those are good states of mind for considered, rational actions.

There were a number of attacks on people who "looked Arab," but weren't. IIRC, an Indian (dot, not feather) was murdered. Not Arab, not Muslim, but he "looked like it."

I did a quick search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

The level of hatred towards anyone who "looked like a 'mooslim'" showed how some people really felt.

Kind of like the level of hatred towards Obama.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

my thoughts are always around the idea that sleep deprivation, continuous rock music and water boarding are acceptable means of interrogation. ... Oh, I don't think putting women's panties on [one's] head is torture either.

I'm trying to figure the difference between this and my time living in the dorms as an undergraduate in the 70's.

:|

I'll get back to you.

Anyone who believes waterboarding is not so bad, should try it. I tried it. Didn't last one minute. I cannot imagine being strapped down and forced to endure hours of such treatment.

I agree that some of those in detention deserve what is coming to them. I also believe that many had no connection, other than being an enemy combatant on the wrong side. Much like German or Japanese soldiers.

This country prosecuted those who waterboard our own soldiers in WW2 and called it torture. We vowed to never act in such a manner and to conduct ourselves in the manner we wish to be treated if captured. We should never lower ourselves just because they do it. We are far better than our enemy.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

RonD1120

Second, my thoughts are always around the idea that sleep deprivation, continuous rock music and water boarding are acceptable means of interrogation. That is the practice I defend.

So when the Japanese do, it's a war crime: http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=yukio_asano_1

But when we do, it's OK?
Got it.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would state it as past tense. When we did it, it was OK. We probably will never do it again. We will find something more terrifying that produces more predictable results. Remember the purpose is to scare you enough to break your will to resist.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Luke 22:36
>Romans 13:4

Matthew 5: (edited for your religion)

=========
You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you to cripple an evil person. And whoever slaps you on your right cheek, blow his face off. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, shoot him in the balls. And whoever compels you to go one mile, suspend him by his wrists from the ceiling until he dies. Torture him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you, give him lead.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, kill your enemies, hate those who curse you, do evil to those who hate you, and flay those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who hate you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet everyone with love, how are you different from a liberal pansy?
==========

Andy9o8

Well, you tend to misread my intent; but whatever.

Actually, it appears to me he just tosses your bs back at you
I think you are misreading his posts:o
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Luke 22:36

=========
You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you to cripple an evil person. And whoever slaps you on your right cheek, blow his face off. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, shoot him in the balls. And whoever compels you to go one mile, suspend him by his wrists from the ceiling until he dies. Torture him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you, give him lead.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, kill your enemies, hate those who curse you, do evil to those who hate you, and flay those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who hate you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet everyone with love, how are you different from a liberal pansy?
==========

I think you left out the part about giving a fat lip to women who offer an opinion on anything, or are slow to produce a sammich.

Don

GeorgiaDon

***>Luke 22:36

=========

==========

I think you left out the part about giving a fat lip to women who offer an opinion on anything, or are slow to produce a sammich.

Don

Or, a beer. You forgot the beer. That's a real mans drink! Well, that and bourbon.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

DanG

Hmmm...nothing? The following response is from former CIA Directors George J. Tenet, Porter J. Goss and Michael V. Hayden (a retired Air Force general), and former CIA Deputy Directors John E. McLaughlin, Albert M. Calland (a retired Navy vice admiral) and Stephen R. Kappes :

Still think it's not simply politics as usual?

So if the President and DOJ say it is legal, that makes it legal? Then why are the Republicans so upset about Obamacare?

The matter at hand is whether anyone in the government was deceived about the nature of the interrogations as claimed in the report. They were not.

Everyone knows the whole Obamacare turd pile was an intent to deceive as Mr. Gruber verified.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne