christelsabine

It's Open Season ...

This explanation is going to be way to conceptual for most here.

The other countries are defined by conquered territory. America is defined as an ideal of freedom. Other countries are meek in spirit. America is strong in spirit. Other countries seek to place responsibility externally from the person. Despite what the liberals desire, America in general advocates personal responsibility.

Other countries want America to be their big brother but do not what to live like Americans. However, when citizens from other countries get fed up they run to America. When they get here some realize they just don't have the balls that it takes to be an American.

IMO, that is where this liberal progressive movement is rooted.

Right now America is pretty evenly divided between those with balls and those who desire to be cared for and protected.

Whose side are you, collectively speaking, going to be on when ISIS start erupting in our cities?

When a perp gets shot and killed there is and needs to be an investigation. That has been the practice for as long as I can remember. I want the police to be armed and dangerous. I do not believe that streets thugs should be handled gently. Street thugs only understand power and control.

Every time I see a LEO in a non-official environment I always approach them and thank them for their service, the same as I do with the military. LEOs and other first responders are working in a domestic war zone.

If you are not a street thug, you have nothing to worry about, from the police that is. If you are not a street thug then avoid areas where street thugs are known. If you have to be in such an area be prepared, learn personal responsibility.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Anvilbrother

I understand that bill, but do you think there will ever be a year with 0 skydiving deaths? Thats the type of voice these people are speaking with. Im all for 0 deaths with cops, and skydiving, but im being realistic dont you agree that anything having to do with humans will NEVER be perfect.

The US is averaging approx. 8 civilians killed by cops each week.

If England and Germany can go YEARS without cops killing anyone, why is it unreasonable to expect that the USA can go at least a week?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If England and Germany can go YEARS without cops killing anyone, why is it unreasonable to expect that the USA can go at least a week?

Ooh I dont know maybe because our population is over 300 million, England is about 53 million, and Germany about 80 million.

There is about 600,000 full time officers in the united states, 130,000 in England(and wales), and about 240,000 in Germany

US 1 cop for every 500 citizens
England 1 cop for every 407 citizens
Germany 1 cop for every 333 citizens

Even if the cop per citizen is less but about the same for the other countries, which would theoretically limit your exposure to a cop. Your chance of having a cop on the force making a mistake is higher due the statistical advantage of having 2-5 times the amount of cops than the other countries.

In the US we have been able to legally own just about any type of firearm forever. Gun ownership legislation in England is tightly controlled in some cases only allowing shooting clubs to own certain types of firearms. Gun legislation in Germany is considered among the strictest gun control in the world. Private ownership of firearms was not allowed until after 1956, and you can only carry them loaded on private property. Any other time it has to be unloaded and locked into individual cases. CHL type permits are issued on an as needed basis to carry in public but is only good for 3 years and is usually only issued to security personnel and persons living under a raised threat-level like celebrities and politicians. IIRC In England and Germany you are not even able to have things like certain knives, switch blades, nunchucks, and other type of even novelty weapons.

In the us all cops carry weapons. In England most cops do not carry guns at all, and only about 7,000 of them have actual firearms training. In Germany after 1945, even German police officers were initially not allowed to carry firearms until the late 1950's.

The intentional homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants of the US is 14,827 in 2012, UK is 653 per year in 2011, and 662 in Germany from 2011.

I would think everyone is able to see the different types of cultures in the us, and how that fits into each country, and the outcome of that culture vs an armed police force.

So we have more police, they have guns, we have guns, a history of not trusting governmental entities, a citizenship that shoots at cops, fights with cops, and trusts cops less, and a nation that commits homicide on each other at a rate way higher than the other two. Can you finally see how you cant compare their numbers of police shooting to the US and say "why are they not killing as many as we are?" the circumstances are completely different.

Im not claiming this as 1000% researched, and I reserve the right to be corrected if anyone can find more current or relevant information.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Pretty lame to blame "culture". We all watch the same movies and TV shows and eat the same food. Each has a significant "minority" population.

Yet the probability that a European citizen will be killed by a cop in any given year is about 1% of the probability that a US citizen will be killed by a cop in the same year.

Pretty lame to blame "culture". We all watch the same movies and TV shows and eat the same food. Each has a significant "minority" population.

Thats bullshit john and you know it! How many East coast/West coast/Gulf south rap wars does England have? You got any Crips, Bloods, Hells angels, MS13, KKK, Black Panthers?

Here in my TOWN there are 10 gangs, here is a nice article on it. http://theadvocate.com/home/985563-125/tracking-street-gangs.html

The images are disturbing — in dozens of pictures posted on social networking websites, Baton Rouge teenagers are clustered together, smiles stretching across their young faces as they flash gang signs with their hands and point guns at the camera.

Their videos posted on YouTube boast of the riches they’ve earned through selling drugs and the people they’ve shot for disrespecting them.

One of the more shocking pictures shows a teenager holding a young child in his lap, a handgun clutched in her tiny hands as he helps her aim the barrel at the camera.

The videos and the pictures are labeled as being from the Dumb Way Boys, one of at least 10 groups that the East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney’s Office has identified as street gangs.

Other local gangs include the Young Guerillas, Citi Boyz, Baby Guerillas, Block Boyz and Bottom Boyz Guerillaz, said Assistant District Attorney Otha Nelson.

Usually teenagers who grew up in the same neighborhood, they use hand signs, graffiti and tattoos to signify their clique, claim territories and frequently fight with rival groups, Nelson said.

He calls the groups “hybrid” gangs — typically about 15 youths who mimic the gangs depicted on television, in hip- hop culture and in documentaries.

But Baton Rouge gang members’ lives are far different than the glamorized lives they’re trying to mimic.

Many of these children grew up in extreme poverty surrounded by violence and see getting rich through drug dealing or rapping as the only way out, said Arthur “Silky Slim” Reed, a former Baton Rouge gang leader who now works as a community activist.

They live in a culture where education is sidelined, violence is respected and many parents “raise their children to be soldiers,” said Reed, whose organization, Stop the Killing Inc., works with troubled youth.

“They’re operating in a constant state of survival mode,” Reed said. “If you’re not in survival mode, then you won’t survive. In joining up with other kids and forming these groups, you have a better chance.”

Nelson and fellow Assistant District Attorney Aishala Burgess spent more than a year investigating whether there were gangs in Baton Rouge. Nelson said they found eight male groups and two female groups that “clearly identify” themselves as gangs.

Crimes that can be traced to the gangs include armed robberies, burglaries and weapons cases, he said.

Fights between the groups do escalate to shootings, Nelson said, but officials haven’t pinpointed a murder caused by feuding factions.

“There are clearly homicides that are suspected to be gang-related,” Nelson said. “But we have nothing official, nothing definite.”

Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge Police spokesman, said the department doesn’t refer to the groups as gangs, reserving that term for nationally affiliated gangs that are highly organized and make money by selling drugs.

McKneely called the groups in Baton Rouge “factions.”

“They call themselves gangs, but they’re not like the gangs of Los Angeles,” McKneely said. “It’s groups of neighborhood kids that get together and cause havoc.”

He said that most often amounts to fights that frequently erupt between rival groups, which in rare instances have escalated to shootings.

Thats not all of it just did not want to post a wall of text on here.

How about slavery? Did 45 million of your citizens come from people that were treated like actual work animals, and continue to feel they are oppressed, and picked on by police?

You might "watch" the gang movies, but thugs, and gangs here live that life, and over time have been taught that thats the only way to live is the street life by their elders, and media.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

We're talking about the differences in culture and guns and you start bringing up petty laws as the reason black people are being harassed and killed . Your article specifically targets loose cigarettes. Well I hate to break it to you john but it's illegal to sell loose cigarettes in England too.

http://www.tobaccoretailersalliance.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=19

Anvilbrother

Ooh I dont know maybe because our population is over 300 million, England is about 53 million, and Germany about 80 million....

Even if the cop per citizen is less but about the same for the other countries, which would theoretically limit your exposure to a cop. Your chance of having a cop on the force making a mistake is higher due the statistical advantage of having 2-5 times the amount of cops than the other countries.

Well, if it was simple statistical advantage you'd need to have 100x more cops.

(I know you're not saying that, just pointing out the scale of the disparity)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So the fact that almost everyone in America has basically free rights to guns and most do. The fact that all cops carry guns. The fact that American intentional homicide rate is 2333% higher. Means nothing?

No when you have 5 times the cops to mess up and make a mistake, or go rogue you have a statistical advantage. Think of it this way. It's easier to vet, profile psychologically test and control 124k cops compared to 600k cops. If you have 600k cars on the road your more likely for one to be involved in an accident compared to if you only had 124k cars.

Anvilbrother

I laid out the differences. You choose to ignore them.

The differences you mentioned, they are as per your personal idea/impression/experience??

I do not see many differences, and what you call 'culture' has another word in my book: Guns.

If *you*'re on this side of the law or the other: Availability of guns makes the difference.

Since the EU opened so many borders, we have lots of own new problems to handle. Racism is not the big deal; many of immigrans are well educated, many are not and we have to take over that burden. We do not clear that with guns.

Southern countries of the EU take over thousands of immigrants coming by boat over the Mediterranian sea from Africa. They are not welcome, believe me. But nobody is taking a gun to solve the problems coming along with them.

Guns in the US and their easy availability - that's the difference ....

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The differences I mentioned were all statistical facts obtained from the Internet concerning population, gun availability, police armament, and crime. It's not my impression I did not come up with the numbers. The only opinion I stated was about gangs and I provided supporting evidence on its impact in my community via a link.

Anvilbrother

The differences I mentioned were all statistical facts obtained from the Internet concerning population, gun availability, police armament, and crime. It's not my impression I did not come up with the numbers. The only opinion I stated was about gangs and I provided supporting evidence on its impact in my community via a link.

And I provided evidence of gangs in Britain via a link. The USA is NOT the only western nation to have gangs or minority communities. It is, however, WAY out of line in the total number of murders and in the number of killings by LEOs.

There are gangs in the UK. SO19 (the firearms division - British "SWAT" if you will) deal with firearms incidents every day.

BUT, the average cop in the UK (or other countries) doing a vehicle stop for example does NOT expect a firearms to be in the vehicle. It is a rare occasion when that is the case.

When SO19 had information that Jean de Menezes had a bomb and was about to detonate it in the metro they shot him several times in the head to stop him. It turns out the information was wrong. But they did what they needed to do with the information they had. I.E. dangerous threat, need to use lethal force to stop him.

Mark Duggan - UK "gangster", SO19 told he had a weapon and they needed to do a vehicle stop and arrest. They believed he had a weapon and so acted accordingly. He made some suspicious moves when they pulled his vehicle over and so they shot him. He died. It appears the intelligence was wrong (at least partially).

Point is, when the police believe you might well have a weapon on you and you act in a way that might suggest you will use a weapon they will shoot you to make sure you don't use it on them. Quite rightfully so.

In the USA the police know that ANYONE can have a weapon on them because of the prevalance of legally available weapons.

In the UK (for example) there are a lot of firearms but they tend to be in the hands of country farmers and skeet shoot enthusiast. No-one has the legal right to carry a handgun on the streets.

If the UK police dealt with a similar environment to US police you can GUARANTEE that the number of police killings would be a lot higher.

kallend

***The differences I mentioned were all statistical facts obtained from the Internet concerning population, gun availability, police armament, and crime. It's not my impression I did not come up with the numbers. The only opinion I stated was about gangs and I provided supporting evidence on its impact in my community via a link.

And I provided evidence of gangs in Britain via a link. The USA is NOT the only western nation to have gangs or minority communities. It is, however, WAY out of line in the total number of murders and in the number of killings by LEOs.

Anvilbrother

It's easier to vet, profile psychologically test and control 124k cops compared to 600k cops.

Why? Wouldn't you also have 5x as many testers?

If you have 600k cars on the road your more likely for one to be involved in an accident compared to if you only had 124k cars.

How much more likely? 100x more likely?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?