baronn

Is Taylor Swift 1 of the most together people on the planet?

promise5

Not to be a snot. But you consider EVERY person attractive and you LIKE everyone?

If it says I'm honest then yes I am. Sorry if I hit a nerve with not liking her and considering her unattractive.

No, I don't. There's lots of people I don't like.

But I don't feel the need to bash them and call them names "just because I can."
I know some folks who say "I'm just being honest" when they choose to insult and degrade someone. Usually someone who is in no position to respond.

There's lots of times I choose to say nothing rather than saying something mean and insulting.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

***8 Grammies, #1 selling album in 88 Countries, writes all her own music and not even 25 yet. Had over 1 million copies of her CD bought in this country. Just Amazing!

Meh. Paul McCartney was 23 when he wrote "Yesterday". More than 2,200 artists have covered it, more than any other copyrighted song in history

Pfft. Mozart started composing at age 5.
Lotta bands cover his stuff, too.

baronn

8 Grammies, #1 selling album in 88 Countries, writes all her own music and not even 25 yet. Had over 1 million copies of her CD bought in this country. Just Amazing!

She is reported to be the kind of girl who's into foreplay, but goes all "don't touch me there! I don't touch MYSELF there!!" when push comes to shove.

I prefer singers with a slutty streak. Bette Midler ("if God didn't mean for pussy to be eaten, why'd he make it look like a taco?") can belt out a tune as well as coming across as though she LIKES it.

I just don't identify with the whole purity thing. I am more on the wavelength of Steven Tyler or Patti Smythe than Pat Boone or Marie Osmond.

Wolfgang Amadeus von Mozart was a real animal (he had the odd hit while rather young), Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky was quite the lecher - though his tastes and mine bear little resemblance - and their music reflects their passion.

I love Hungarian Rhapsody #2, and it turns out that Franz Lizst was a fool for love.

Raw numbers do not mean too much; more Big Macs get sold than Beluga caviar and more Budweiser gets consumed than does Chateauneuf du Pape. She is like a Camero; I like Lamborghinis.

BSBD,

Winsor

Andy9o8

******8 Grammies, #1 selling album in 88 Countries, writes all her own music and not even 25 yet. Had over 1 million copies of her CD bought in this country. Just Amazing!

Meh. Paul McCartney was 23 when he wrote "Yesterday". More than 2,200 artists have covered it, more than any other copyrighted song in history

Pfft. Mozart started composing at age 5.
Lotta bands cover his stuff, too.

Well, to be honest, the stuff he wrote at 5 was not among his best work. Besides, he didn't win a single Grammy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

promise5

Just stated what I think.

Would saying that she's unattractive be more politically correct ?
But I really don't like her. Thought it was ok to like or dislike who we want. (Shrugs)

To me personally, I didn't check the dictionary, the word ugly implies that there is something seriously wrong with persons face. Like some sort of disfigurement, lack of symmetry, etc. Unattractive on the other hand just means that the person is not attractive even though they might be what is generally considered beautiful/hansom. In other words ugly = universal fact, unattractive = opinion.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I find that adding the words "my opinion" or "I think" to such judgments at the time they're issued (rather than later, when you're trying to justify what you said) to be a good idea.

Own your opinions. There's nothing wrong with not liking Taylor Swift. There's more wrong implying that she's unlikeable.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

winsor

*********This thread proves that people will argue about anything.

No, they won't.

That's contradiction, not argument.

No, it isn't.

Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

kallend

************This thread proves that people will argue about anything.

No, they won't.

That's contradiction, not argument.

No, it isn't.

Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

No, it isn't.

Hard to believe people are arguing about this. :S

Anyway, the "Imagine Dragons" rock band just put on a spirited performance during the half time show of the 102nd Grey Cup Game. The what? The Grey Cup ... Canada's smaller version of the Super Bowl football championship game. The Dragons did not lip sync their songs, their instruments were definitely plugged in and well there were no wardrobe malfunctions during their 3 song set. Of course they did perform in a dome stadium at Vancouver's BC Place. The Dragons might have declined the offer to play the Grey Cup half time show if the game was played in one of Western Canada's outdoor stadiums where in Calgary it is currently -20C, Edmonton it is -19C, Regina is -24C or Winnipeg at a balmy -20C. ;)

Argue that. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Finding something annoying/unlikeable about someone doesn't make that person ugly...

I get a knee-jerk reaction to Scarlett Johansson... I want to find her ugly/stupid/bimbo-y, but even I have to recognise that since I don't know her AT ALL, this says more about my prejudices/insecurities/envy than about what she is really like as a person (physically or personality-wise).

I share your knee-jerk "dislike" of Taylor Swift (for some stupid reason), but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly. She isn't. Maybe that's what makes her even more "annoying"?! I agree with whoever said it that your comment (and mine) shows more about yourself (or myself) than about whomever you are talking about. Jealousy/envy/whatever... Denying it by claiming it is just your opinion doesn't show a great deal of self-awareness... In my opinion :P

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Finding something annoying/unlikeable about someone doesn't make that person ugly...

I get a knee-jerk reaction to Scarlett Johansson... I want to find her ugly/stupid/bimbo-y, but even I have to recognise that since I don't know her AT ALL, this says more about my prejudices/insecurities/envy than about what she is really like as a person (physically or personality-wise).

I share your knee-jerk "dislike" of Taylor Swift (for some stupid reason), but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly. She isn't. Maybe that's what makes her even more "annoying"?! I agree with whoever said it that your comment (and mine) shows more about yourself (or myself) than about whomever you are talking about. Jealousy/envy/whatever... Denying it by claiming it is just your opinion doesn't show a great deal of self-awareness... In my opinion :P

I think she's (physically) very attractive. I still strongly disagree with the OP. There are and have been lots of far more talented people.

From a pure talent perspective? Ya, that is very subjective
What impresses me about her is, (and one other very talented lady does the same) she is her own agent and producer.
That takes brains as well as talent
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Andy9o8

she is her own agent and producer.

Google sez she's worked with multiple producers, and is currently represented by agent David Wirtschafter.
But, maybe my search needs refining.

she may have changed things up
My info was based on a show I watch a year or so ago
At least she started on her own

the other woman that same show talked about was one of the three on the orgigial Charles Angels show
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln