Andy9o8

Spending skydiving money in Dubai?

BillyVance

***Fuck Dubai.

Right on.

However, I guess the pro swoopers won't give a fuck, huh?

I'm not going to judge the people who have to travel to where they have to travel in order to make a living, but . . .

Fuck Dubai.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Pick whatever country, list the horrible shit they do and then boycott them.

By the time your done you will have to go off world.

Diamonds, shoes food shelter even your "security".....it would be a nice challenge to see if there is any country out there that is morally superior? Many think they are all are NOT.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Odd that nobody has said "Fuck Tanzania" as yet. What kind of country sells out the land from under its own indigenous people to foreigners ?

For some historic background in our own sport, the 1983 World Championships were held in Sun City, South Africa, in the days of the apartheid regime. Some of you may remember Bruce Springsteen's song, "Ain't Gonna Play in Sun City".

Well, the U.S. 4 Way champs (Army) didn't go, because Defense Dept policy wouldn't allow it. The 8 Way team (Perris Visions) went because it was "just a sport" and they wanted gold. Which they easily won, because most of the contender teams boycotted the meet. So many teams boycotted the meet, that FAI sanctioned an alternate meet with World Cup status in Abbotsford, BC. Mirror Image represented the U.S. in 8 Way, and I forget who went for the 4 Way (Army ? not sure...).

Dubai is an evil country, built on slave labor from Bangla Desh. If you do go anyway, DON'T get into debt there, because you CANNOT leave the country 'til all your debts are paid in full. If you cannot pay, you go to JAIL - and there's no air conditioning in the Dubai slammer.

So, we're all free to make our own moral choices.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Darius11

Pick whatever country, list the horrible shit they do and then boycott them.

By the time your done you will have to go off world.

Diamonds, shoes food shelter even your "security".....it would be a nice challenge to see if there is any country out there that is morally superior? Many think they are all are NOT.

Mmmm - how about Norway and Denmark (well, apart from the Vikings).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Minor correction: Canada also decided to boycott the World Meet in South Africa.
the 1983 World Cup of Skydiving was hosted by Claresholm, Alberta (near Calgary). The meet was heavily sponsored by provincial and federal governments and several major Alberta-based corporations. All that sponsorship helped ferry in a Twin Otter.
Both US civilian teams competed plus the U.S. Army Golden Knights. Australia, Mainland China, U.K., Zimbabwe, etc. sent relative work teams.
Canadian teams took gold in both 4-way and 8-way.