rushmc

Liberal War on Women

This is the bs liberals would have us beleive makes this man in office the smartest ever

NOT!!!

At a rare campaign rally in Rhode Island, Barack Obama declared that stay-at-home moms are making a bad choice. “Sometimes, someone, usually Mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result,” he said. “That’s not a choice we want Americans to make.” So it’s more important that women achieve supposed income equality than stay at home to raise their kids? Moms who stay at home are working every bit as hard as moms who work outside the home. Both choices are personal, laudable and important – and women are free to make them

If the government would get out of our lives, the cost of living and better wages would make it easier for those women (or men for that matter) who wish to stay at home with their kids, to do so
But this is NOT what todays government wants

What a bunch dipshit bs>:(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

From the White House's own website, here's the entire quote reproduced, in full context, without being cherry-picked for brainless spin:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/10/31/remarks-president-women-and-economy-providence-ri

***THE PRESIDENT: True. (Laughter.) And too often, parents have no choice but to put their kids in cheaper daycare that maybe doesn’t have the kinds of programming that makes a big difference in a child’s development. And sometimes there may just not be any slots, or the best programs may be too far away. And sometimes, someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that’s not a choice we want Americans to make.

So let’s make this happen. By the end of this decade, let’s enroll 6 million children in high-quality preschool, and let’s make sure that we are making America stronger. That is good for families; it’s also good for the children, because we know investing in high-quality early childhood education makes all the difference in the world, and those kids will do better. So we need family leave, we need better child care policies, and we need to make sure that women get an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work. (Applause.)

About 28 million Americans would benefit if we raised the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour -- (applause) -- like Sheldon Whitehouse and Jack Reed support. And let me say this: Minimum wage -- those aren't just teenage jobs that are impacted. We're not just talking about young people. My first job was at Baskin Robbins. And I got paid the minimum wage and it was okay. Wearing that hat and the apron was -- (laughter) -- yeah.

But the truth is, the average worker who would benefit from an increase in the minimum wage is 35 years old -- 35. A majority of low-wage workers are women. A lot of them have kids. Right now, somebody working full-time on the minimum wage makes $14,500 a year -- $14,500. If they’re a parent, that means they’re below the poverty line. Nobody who works full-time in America should be below the poverty line. (Applause.) They should not be raising their kids below the poverty line. I am not going to give up this fight. And we need Republicans in Congress to stop blocking a minimum wage increase and give America a raise. (Applause.)

And if a woman is doing the same work as a man, she deserves to get paid just like the man does. (Applause.) Even though it’s 2014, there are women still earning less than men for doing the same work. And women of color face an even greater wage gap. (Applause.) And at a time when women are the primary breadwinners in more households than ever, that hurts the whole family if they’re not getting paid fairly. Again, men, I just want you to pay attention. When Michelle and I were starting off, there were stretches of time where Michelle was making more money than me, and I wanted to make sure she was making every dime that she deserved. (Laughter.) Right? I don't know how I benefit by her getting paid less than a man. Right?[url]

Actually the full context more supports my point

Get those 6 million kids in government programs instead of being at home

No sir
My context and comments were right on

Thanks for the post
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Actually the full context more supports my point

Get those 6 million kids in government programs instead of being at home

No sir

Wait, is that what it said? No sir, that's not what it said. It didn't say 'create more government daycare programs' - it said 'raise the minimum wage so that low earners can choose between good daycare or staying at home' instead of the Hobson's choice of poor or unaffordable daycare or staying home.

My context and comments were right on

Ehhh, no.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ah, here is what he said

By the end of this decade, let’s enroll 6 million children in high-quality preschool, and let’s make sure that we are making America stronger

Here is what it means

By the end of this decade, let’s enroll 6 million children in high-quality preschool, and let’s make sure that we are making Americas federal government stronger

Abraham Lincoln

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/male-female-pay-gap-remains-entrenched-at-white-house/2014/07/01/dbc6c088-0155-11e4-8fd0-3a663dfa68ac_story.html

The White House has not narrowed the gap between the average pay of male and female employees since President Obama’s first year in office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new salary data.

The average male White House employee currently earns about $88,600, while the average female White House employee earns about $78,400, according to White House data released Tuesday. That is a gap of 13 percent.

Gravitymaster

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/male-female-pay-gap-remains-entrenched-at-white-house/2014/07/01/dbc6c088-0155-11e4-8fd0-3a663dfa68ac_story.html

The White House has not narrowed the gap between the average pay of male and female employees since President Obama’s first year in office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new salary data.

The average male White House employee currently earns about $88,600, while the average female White House employee earns about $78,400, according to White House data released Tuesday. That is a gap of 13 percent.

the double standard is very clear
Abraham Lincoln

Hi Gravity,

That is a gap of 13 percent.

Having worked within the federal gov't. for 30 yrs I can assure you, that is not a true fact.

If two people are in the same position, then their salaries will be the same; with the exception of such things as time-in-grade, etc.

I would think that this 13% comes from the reality that the women in the White House are in lower graded positions. Think of Presidential Advisor vs secretary.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Gravity,

That is a gap of 13 percent.

Having worked within the federal gov't. for 30 yrs I can assure you, that is not a true fact.

If two people are in the same position, then their salaries will be the same; with the exception of such things as time-in-grade, etc.

I would think that this 13% comes from the reality that the women in the White House are in lower graded positions. Think of Presidential Advisor vs secretary.

Jerry Baumchen

I think it's because there are fewer women in Senior position. The number has changed vey little for 20 years. Not what I would expect from an Administration that touts it sensitivities to fairness and equal opportunity, wouldn't you say? Actually it's the definition of hypocritical.

>Wait, is that what it said? No sir, that's not what it said. It didn't say 'create more
>government daycare programs' - it said 'raise the minimum wage so that low
>earners can choose between good daycare or staying at home' instead of the
>Hobson's choice of poor or unaffordable daycare or staying home.

That's because you weren't wearing your ODS goggles! Put them on and you will see Barack HUSSEIN Obama turning kids into liberal government takers.

Here is what it means

I just explained why that interpretation is incorrect. Simply restating it does not make your case any stronger, it simply reinforces the impression that you either don't read or don't understand any opinions that conflict with your own.

champu

Here you go... sorted by job title...

Although even within some job titles, variation should be expected.

Wow, Harrison Ford is the White House's IT guy. Who said government work wasn't glamorous?