lawrocket

Conservatives and liberals both distort climate change

billvon

>Not related because there is evidense that downsizing can kill you
>Nothing similar exists in the AWG world

There is far more evidence for the CO2-warming link than the canopy size-fatality rate link. Of course, if you have a political or personal reason to not believe either one, you won't. There's ample evidence for both right here in this forum.

Actually the ONLY thing known for sure here, is that CO2 levels have increased
As they have before
And in some of the articles in the linked google searh window, researchers say that historically, increases in CO2 levels preceded ice ages

But, there is now good reason to doubt that increased trace gas levels of CO2 have much of a temp affect world wide.

All of this could be up for debate if the alarmists wanted to debate
But they dont
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Actually the ONLY thing known for sure here . . .

From what I have seen, you're not sure on ANYTHING on this topic. You can't say whether man is responsible for the CO2 increase we've seen. You can't say whether CO2 is a greenhouse gas. You can't say whether increasing greenhouse gases are likely to warm the environment. You don't know what I think about AGW. About all you say with any regularity comes directly - verbatim - from the mainstream media.

billvon

>Actually the ONLY thing known for sure here . . .
I have answwered all these before but, I will follow you down the rabit hole one more time

From what I have seen, you're not sure on ANYTHING on this topic. You can't say whether man is responsible for the CO2 increase we've seen.some of it maybe. We do know that nature has put levels of CO2 in the atmosphere before that were higher than what we have today

You can't say whether CO2 is a greenhouse gas. Mimimally yes. But it does not appear that it will cause anything near what the alarmists project

You can't say whether increasing greenhouse gases are likely to warm the environment. Depends on the gas. this debate is about CO2 and I anwered that above You don't know what I think about AGW. About all you say with any regularity comes directly - verbatim - from the mainstream media.

And I guess all your sources are better in your opinion. Despite the fact that the dire predictions have not come true.
Oh and ya
I love the mainstream media:S who by the way more often support your views on this topic

And of course the bestest and greatest left leaners argument is the one they debate is told by others what to think
Right on time
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Yep. You just confirmed everything I said above.

I sure it does
From your perspective

Funny how you go to crap like this when answer you
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Yep. You just confirmed everything I said above.

I sure it does
From your perspective

Your being unable to write a comprehensible sentence in English doesn't help your case one little bit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Yep. You just confirmed everything I said above.

I sure it does
From your perspective

Your being unable to write a comprehensible sentence in English doesn't help your case one little bit.
Abraham Lincoln

lawrocket

I'd see another doctor. It'd be a sad state of affairs if 97% of doctors would insist that castration is the only way to treat a hydrocele. It would probably lead to a lot of distrust of the medical profession.

Doctors, or at least quite a few of them push circumcision, which as far as I can tell is an opinion based on religious dogma as opposed to medical. Lemming think at it's best.

Climatology is more political than science. Follow the money.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

kallend

*** Follow the money.

The Koch brothers have lot of that. As does the coal industry and electrical utilities like Alliant.

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.” Barrack Obama

The Koch brothers don't hold a candle next to the United States annual spending. I would say "United States Federal Budget", but our Federal Gov hasn't passed a budget since 2009.

The Fed has put out in the neighborhood of $150,000,000,000 in funding for Green Energy and related over the last 5 years. I'd imagine that for a cool Billion I could come up with scientific evidence for just about anything you'd like!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

skydived19006

****** Follow the money.

The Koch brothers have lot of that. As does the coal industry and electrical utilities like Alliant.

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.” Barrack Obama

The Koch brothers don't hold a candle next to the United States annual spending. I would say "United States Federal Budget", but our Federal Gov hasn't passed a budget since 2009.

The Fed has put out in the neighborhood of $150,000,000,000 in funding for Green Energy and related over the last 5 years. I'd imagine that for a cool Billion I could come up with scientific evidence for just about anything you'd like!

Big deal.:S Exxon Mobil ALONE spends more than that every 5 years. Then there are all the other oil companies, the coal companies, the electric companies.....

kallend

********* Follow the money.

Big deal.:S Exxon Mobil ALONE spends more than that every 5 years. Then there are all the other oil companies, the coal companies, the electric companies.....

Free market commerce as opposed to Government Handouts, two different animals. Why can't the Koch boys get the old school media to push their agenda? Oh, and what the hell ever happened to the Ice Age that Scientific Consensus proved was coming?

"Global Warming" is already dead replaced with "Climate Change" which is anything out of the ordinary, and everything ordinary.

AC DZ

[Reply]Exxon Mobil ALONE spends more than that every 5 years.

On climate change denial? Bullshit. The big money is in climate alarmism. The President's 2013 budget request for the U.S. Global Change Research Program was $2.6 billion. I don't think $150 billion has been spent on climate alarm by Uncle Sam, but probably $50 billion has.

Meanwhile, you can look here: http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2010/03/31/205733/report-koch-industries-outspends-exxon-mobil-on-climate-and-clean-energy-disinformation/

According to thinkprogress, the Koch brothers spent about $50 million between 1997 and 2010. And "From 2005 to 2008, Exxon Mobil spent $8.9 million."

Hmmm. About $9 million in four years by Exxon-Mobil. Versus $2.6 billion in one year. That works out to about $7.1 million per day. Compare to $8.9 million in four years (about $6,100 per day).

Yeah. The big money is in climate denial. Huge industry.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kallend

***[Reply]Exxon Mobil ALONE spends more than that every 5 years.

On climate change denial? Bullshit.

Didn't write that. Strawman!

Of course you did
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******[Reply]Exxon Mobil ALONE spends more than that every 5 years.

On climate change denial? Bullshit.

Didn't write that. Strawman!

Of course you did

Your reading skills remain as deficient as ever.

Well, for the military, having a plan for everything, no matter how unlikely, is SOP.
We've got contingency plans to deal with an invasion from Canada.

They don't address the likelihood of AGW having serious effects. They just address what effects AGW might have and how to deal with them.

To not have plans in place for things like this is negligent.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>They don't address the likelihood of AGW having serious effects.

========================
Chief of US Pacific forces calls climate biggest worry
By Bryan Bender
Boston Globe
March 09, 2013

CAMBRIDGE — America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: climate change.

Navy Admiral Samuel J. Locklear III, in an interview at a Cambridge hotel Friday after he met with scholars at Harvard and Tufts universities, said significant upheaval related to the warming planet “is probably the most likely thing that is going to happen . . . that will cripple the security environment, probably more likely than the other scenarios we all often talk about.’’

“People are surprised sometimes,” he added, describing the reaction to his assessment. “You have the real potential here in the not-too-distant future of nations displaced by rising sea level. Certainly weather patterns are more severe than they have been in the past. We are on super typhoon 27 or 28 this year in the Western Pacific. The average is about 17.”

. . . .

The US military, he said, is beginning to reach out to other armed forces in the region about the issue.

“We have interjected into our multilateral dialogue – even with China and India – the imperative to kind of get military capabilities aligned [for] when the effects of climate change start to impact these massive populations,” he said. “If it goes bad, you could have hundreds of thousands or millions of people displaced and then security will start to crumble pretty quickly.’’
=======================