airdvr

'Horrific day' amid war memorial shooting near Canada's Parliament

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/americas/canada-ottawa-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

There were "several shooting incidents in downtown Ottawa" on Wednesday morning, police said on Twitter. "Incidents occurred at National War Memorial, near the Rideau Centre and Parliament Hill." All Ottawa police buildings remain on lockdown and are closed to the public, police also said on Twitter.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

A government minister has just tweeted that the reservist standing guard at the national war memorial has died.
Ever since we committed to Afghanistan we knew this day would come. On 9-11 the world changed forever. Canada was caught up in this, but today is the day our society has changed forever.

today is the day Canadian society has changed forever.

Tragic event for sure. Nobody wanted this to happen. But I am not so sure this has changed society.

If you listen to Progressives this is 100% Harper's fault and once Trudeau takes over, all our worries will go away. Where's the problem? I don't see a problem. Well maybe there will be a problem between now and the next election. But after the next election there will not be a problem. We already know all the major media outlets in Canada (CBC, CTV, Global and CityNews) have all formed a consortium with each other including signed documents by the executives at these organizations to protect Justin Trudeau from any political attack ads that the Media Party disapproves of. So once Justin is crowned as PM ... we have nothing to worry about. Canada can go back to our utopian society where Unicorns, and Fairies with pixie dust and sugar plums bless the lives of all us little people because nobody will ever attack us while Justin is PM. I can't wait. Now who needs another hit from this bong?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

today is the day Canadian society has changed forever.

Tragic event for sure. Nobody wanted this to happen. But I am not so sure this has changed society.

If you listen to Progressives this is 100% Harper's fault and once Trudeau takes over, all our worries will go away. Where's the problem?

You must surely be listening to a different news source(s) than I am today. Not one partisan statement from any outlet that I pay attention to.

We already know all the major media outlets in Canada (CBC*, CTV*, Global* and CityNews) have all formed a consortium with each other including signed documents by the executives at these organizations to protect Justin Trudeau

And those (*) are the ones I'm watching today. Nope. Nothing partisan.

I guess DZ.com is the place I need to go to get the political spin...:S

FFS.

Pity that you choose to ignore the fact that these four major news organizations have already entered into a signed agreement with each other to act as a unified news consortium. :P

CanuckInUSA

Pity that you choose to ignore the fact that these four major news organizations have already entered into a signed agreement with each other to act as a unified news consortium. :P

If I see no evidence of the alleged partisanship in today's news broadcasts, it should matter? Honestly, I don't see any of them engaging in that, and I'm not about to engage in it being manufactured here, of all places.

Not talking about this news coverage of this event. Talking about the fact that these four so called news organizations have already been exposed for entering into a signed agreement with each other to act as one when it comes to protecting the Shiny Pony. My bad for bringing up the fact that the consensus mainstream media is in bed with your beloved LPC, even when the LPC is lead by an intellectual retard. Oh silly me, I forgot. Nobody is allowed to criticize the Shiny Pony anymore.

mirage62

How did the nut case get a gun????

Canada will handle this in a better manner than America

Although Canada's gun restrictions are pretty harsh, I don't think a hunting shotgun would fall within those restrictions. Then again, I'm not Canadian so I don't really know.

It was a double-barrel open-breach shotgun, wasn't it?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

CanuckInUSA

Not talking about this news coverage of this event. Talking about the fact that these four so called news organizations have already been exposed for entering into a signed agreement with each other to act as one when it comes to protecting the Shiny Pony. My bad for bringing up the fact that the consensus mainstream media is in bed with your beloved LPC, even when the LPC is lead by an intellectual retard. Oh silly me, I forgot. Nobody is allowed to criticize the Shiny Pony anymore.

What are you talking about? You have some evidence show it....I can't stand Trudeau, but have no idea what you are jammering about.

What are you talking about? You have some evidence show it

Perhaps you rely too much on the consensus mainstream media. You didn't actually think that CBC, CTV, Global and CityNews would tell us about this signed agreement of theirs now did you? You couldn't be that obtuse to think the media would expose themselves for their own anti-competition and censorship desires now did you? We never would have known about this agreement if it had only been between CTV, Global and CityNews since they are all private businesses. No it was public broadcaster CBC (who is open to access to information rules) who initiated the consortium and it was because someone asked to read the emails CBC executives had with the executives of these other three networks which exposed the consortium. I think you need to look outside the box, do a little of your own homework and less relying on the Media Party because the evidence is there which exposes this signed agreement between the Gang of Four. haha

Not to worry though as I full confidence that Justin will sweep to a massive Liberal majority next year and we will never need to worry again about being attacked because the Unicorns, the Fairies with their Pixie Dust and Sugar Plums will be looking out for all us little people.

PS: thanks to Tom Clark's hard hitting take no prisoners journalism, we do know what shampoo Justin uses, though I suspect (I have no proof) Justin lied to Tom when he said "I use what ever is in front of me". With hair as good as Justin's, no normal shampoo will do. Only Wen can deliver the results Justin has.

A witness (woman on the sidewalk entrance to Central Block of Parliament) said that it was a "long gun" during a radio interview. She admitted that she did not know enough about guns to distinguish between shotguns or rifles.

Perhaps you rely too much on the consensus mainstream media. You didn't actually think that CBC, CTV, Global and CityNews would tell us about this signed agreement of theirs now did you? You couldn't be that obtuse to think the media would expose themselves for their own anti-competition and censorship desires now did you? We never would have known about this agreement if it had only been between CTV, Global and CityNews since they are all private businesses. No it was public broadcaster CBC (who is open to access to information rules) who initiated the consortium and it was because someone asked to read the emails CBC executives had with the executives of these other three networks which exposed the consortium. I think you need to look outside the box, do a little of your own homework and less relying on the Media Party because the evidence is there which exposes this signed agreement between the Gang of Four. haha

Ok, so can you point me in the general direction of where these damning emails are?

I can't stand Trudeau...Just posted on Facebook what an absolute disgrace I think he is. But the ramblings above are completely new to me, so please do share the evidence.

SkyDekker

Ok, so can you point me in the general direction of where these damning emails are?

I can't stand Trudeau...Just posted on Facebook what an absolute disgrace I think he is. But the ramblings above are completely new to me, so please do share the evidence.

Google is your friend.:P

Searching "CBC CTV Global CityNews Conspiracy" got me THIS as a first result.

It seems to be more of a "Lets stop them from using our footage to paint the guy we support in a negative way" than an actual conspiracy to only report what they wanted heard.

Stupid, improper, possibly not legal. But not anywhere near an "Illuminati, Rothchilds, et al" style network.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Skyrad

Yet another 'Psychotic' who 'converted' to Islam to justify acting out his psychotic tenancies.

A recent convert to Islam who believed the devil was out to get him. Well, he belongs to the devil now. >:(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-killer-believed-devil-was-after-him/ar-BBaIRcz
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

wolfriverjoe

Google is your friend.:P

Searching "CBC CTV Global CityNews Conspiracy" got me THIS as a first result.

It seems to be more of a "Lets stop them from using our footage to paint the guy we support in a negative way" than an actual conspiracy to only report what they wanted heard.

Stupid, improper, possibly not legal. But not anywhere near an "Illuminati, Rothchilds, et al" style network.

So yeah, that has nothing to do with the reporting. It has to do with the use of their news content in political ads.

Hopefully you are aware of "Fair Dealing" (also known as "Fair Use" in the USA) and how it applies to the existing Copyright Laws. There is nothing illegal in the current laws with using footage from news organizations. Heck the Supreme Court just ruled on the issue two years ago. You would think the consensus mainstream media who uses "Fair Dealing" everyday to do their own jobs would be aware of this. But for some reason they don't? I don't buy it.

Nobody is allowed to make the Shiny Pony look bad.

CanuckInUSA

Hopefully you are aware of "Fair Dealing" (also known as "Fair Use" in the USA) and how it applies to the existing Copyright Laws. There is nothing illegal in the current laws with using footage from news organizations. Heck the Supreme Court just ruled on the issue two years ago. You would think the consensus mainstream media who uses "Fair Dealing" everyday to do their own jobs would be aware of this. But for some reason they don't? I don't buy it.

Nobody is allowed to make the Shiny Pony look bad.

Yes I am aware of it. I also don't agree with their standpoint.

However, you see it as a covert agreement to protect Justin Trudeau. I see it as news organizations trying to profit more. Sorry, I don't share your conspiracy theory in the matter.

You claim this is a conspiracy theory. However there is no theory. Thanks to access to information, we now know the executives from the CBC, CTV, Global and CityNews have entered into consortium with each complete with a signed document stating they will not broadcast political ads they do not agree with. It's all there in writing complete with signatures. You say this is because these networks want money, except "Fair Dealing / Fair Use" makes it perfectly legal for anyone to use portions of news broadcasts without permission, without financial compensation. You say this isn't about the Shiny Pony, except how did this consortium all begin? It began because Peter Mansbridge was upset that the CPC created a political ad when they took a small clip from an interview Mansbridge had with the Shiny Pony right after the Boston Marathon Terrorist bombing and the totally idiotic response Trudeau gave to Peter's question. Mansbridge is not stupid, Mansbridge is aware of "Fair Dealing / Fair Use". No Mansbridge went running to his CBC boss because he was upset that his own journalism made his Shiny Pony look like the fool that Trudeau is.

Hey Canada lucked out on Wednesday. Canada is lucky that we were attacked by a poorly armed single assailant. If a similar Islamic Terrorist militant force that attacked Mumbai several years ago actually attacked the House of Commons, we would have a dead PM right now along with countless other dead Parliamentarians, their staff, who knows how many law enforcement and innocent civilians would be dead too. It's time to wake the fuck up. The Shiny Pony and his pals in the consensus mainstream Media Party may not want to call this a terrorist attack. But it was. It was just a poorly planned, poorly executed attack.

PS: not impressed at all with Jennifer Ditchburn's story in the National Post yesterday about how the Prime Minister hid in a closet alone for 15 minutes during the attack. What BS. What did she expect the unarmed, unguarded PM of a G7 nation to do when gunfire could be heard on the other side of the door. Who knows who would walk through the door next? A friendly or an assassin? Then again Ditchburn is part of the Media Party consortium you say does not exist despite the signed document saying it does. Ditchburn probably thought it was all in good fun when the Liberal Party of Canada posted a spoofed Harper Assassination picture on their official website back in 2009. You remember that don't you? You know all those Liberals got a good laugh out of it until word got out that every day people (that would be Canadians) were not impressed with the Liberal's sick and twisted humour.

riggerrob

A witness (woman on the sidewalk entrance to Central Block of Parliament) said that it was a "long gun" during a radio interview. She admitted that she did not know enough about guns to distinguish between shotguns or rifles.

Today's newspapers said that the lone gunman carried a Winchester lever-action rifle. Earlier ISIS propaganda photos showed the spineless coward brandishing a lever-action "cowboy gun."

From now until November 11, all war memorials, in all towns in Canada will be guarded 24 hours a day by retired Canadian soldiers.
This afternoon, I limped (on crutches) down to Victory Park to pay my respects. Victory Park is only a few short blocks from the rough neighborhood one of the lone gunman used to frequent. The War Memorial was guarded by a lone, retired soldier. He wore a Scottish bonnet and a trench coat.

You claim this is a conspiracy theory. However there is no theory. Thanks to access to information, we now know the executives from the CBC, CTV, Global and CityNews have entered into consortium with each complete with a signed document stating they will not broadcast political ads they do not agree with.

Yes there is a theory. Your theory on reasoning, causation and goals. Let's take your statement: Not broadcast political ads they do not agree with.

Your consipiracy theory would wants us to believe that the "do not agree" part pertains to their political ideology. There are obviously other possibilities/theories.

That is but one example.

My deepest condolenses to all Canadians. I have a lot of friends in Canada, stay strong!

Here in Russia we have way to many memorials for Unknown Soldiers.
It is really driving me mad that someone was f@cked enough to kill one of the guards who stands there to honor the fallen and to remind the living about the ultimate sacrifice. This should never be forgiven.

Agreed!
Canadian newspapers are describing the Ottawa gunman as mentally unstable. He searched for answers in drugs and religion. When his obnoxious behaviour got him kicked out of a mosque near Vancouver, he sought salvation with a gun.

The sad thing is that I have delivered hundreds of worshippers to that mosque (just outside of Vancouver). All of my moslem passengers were quiet and polite. That just proves that the vast majority of muslims - who emigrate to western countries are bright enough to flea the violence and corruption of their homelands. Most muslim immigrants are just looking for quiet places to raise their families.
Now our biggest threat is Canadian citizens radicalized by the internet.
Who could have predicted that DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects) greatest invention: the internet would be turned against NATO armies?????