RonD1120

Christians and Ebola

Because he is clearly saying things to antagonize and belittle him because he believes in god. They all are. How is that any different than someone believing they are gay, and everyone here throwing hateful gay comment and jokes at him, yet its still allowed?...

If someone believes they are gay, they are gay. If someone believes god exists, god still doesn't exist. Clear difference.

Or, if someone believes they are gay they're probably not trying to persuade everyone else that they are gay too. Clear difference.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In the western world they are, they just think they're not because they don't understand what persecution means.

And I think quite a few people feel that it's ok to be an asshole to Ron because he's often an asshole to everyone else. Heck, in this case the dude didn't even say anything bad about Ron.

Five years ago I told several posters here in SC that they were stuck in adolescent rebellion. They can't get past that and therefore they hold grudges. In addition, I have maintained that homosexual behavior is a choice and it is learned. Thus their lack of maturational development is indicated by their hate. But, that's OK because at my age I just don't care.

The Bible clearly discusses sinful behavior and rebellion. So an aspect of their rebellion is to naturally declare that the Bible has no validity.

I no longer engage is those arguments. The only message that is important is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is through the acceptance of His deity and atoning death you can be saved. The experience is commonly referred to as being born again. That is, you get to start fresh with a clean slate and you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide you in an ever increasing relationship with Jesus. Upon death your soul and your spirit are united with Him for eternity.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

In addition, I have maintained that homosexual behavior is a choice and it is learned.

That isn't the scientific consensus. I thought you said Christians should embrace science?

RonD1120

So an aspect of their rebellion is to naturally declare that the Bible has no validity.

A more plausible explanation is that they have applied logic, and duly rejected the Bible as an authoritative source.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

FWIW, I am not a Christian, and I like dick..

Okay, so now I will be serious. I am a Nurse, although not currently practicing due to cancer treatments, and I have a few thoughts. No one's religion is going to protect them from Ebola. Everyone is susceptible to this disease, religious, atheist, deist, whatever. We cannot pray the Ebola away, and we cannot expect to be immune because we try and pray the Ebola away.

What everyone can do is take special precautions when traveling by airline, bus, or other mass transit which requires hours of use. Wearing a face mask is beneficial. Ebola is transmitted by droplets. A cough, sneeze, or being around someone vomiting, is a problem if your own mouth is uncovered. It is also a problem if you become soiled with vomit.

Everyone, everywhere, should cover their face when coughing or sneezing, and definitely NOT travel of you feel ill.This is actually good common sense advice for life during flu season too.
Skydiver Survivor; Battling Breast Cancer one jump at a time. DX June 19th 2014
I have been jumping since October 5th 2013.
https://pinkribbonskydiver.wordpress.com/

Based on the replies in this thread it does not appear that anyone actually read the article. That is normal. The adolescent reacts to the first indicator observed. In this instance I believe that would be the title. So it goes.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Logic is a creation of the reprobate mind. It is natural opposition. There is a natural world and a spiritual world. It is possible to understand both.

See what I mean? Ron's so out there he knows he'll never win an argument with facts or logic so he resorts to belittling anyone who disagrees with him instead. It seems like he honestly thinks he's being clever by using phrases like 'lack of maturational development' instead of straightforward insults but it's pretty clear that he's just being a dick.

cvfd1399

If somone believes in God they are Christian, and I figured Christians would be free from religious persecution...

Nope. Jews and Muslims believe in the same god too.

No matter if God exists or not, why be a complete asshole to a fellow skydiver just because he believes in God?

Maybe on account of Christians like THIS GUY.

I would figure Muslims would be free of persecution but reading SC over the years and looking a Facebook memes posted by bigots, that is clearly not the case.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

Based on the replies in this thread it does not appear that anyone actually read the article. That is normal. The adolescent reacts to the first indicator observed. In this instance I believe that would be the title. So it goes.

I read it. Most of it is pretty factual and accurate, as far as I can tell.

But you didn't quote any of those parts, Ron :P

And it's a lot more scientific than your usual posts.
I would have expected something a lot more like Grimmie's link (post #25).
That one is funny as all hell. It's been posted in the other thread.

Do no forget, the B.O. in Ebola stands for Barack Obama. The rest of the acronym has been up for debate in the news media community.

It also claims that all the illegal immigrants that the government is letting in are "carriers", infected with Ebola, but treated with a "secret cure."
It claims that "in about 30 days, the first cases of Ebola will start infecting Americans."

Of course, the article was posted Aug 4th, over 60 days ago.

Absolutely hilarious to anyone who understands the concept of "critical thinking."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My OP was aimed at the Christians in SC, or so I thought it would be. I should have known better, my bad. Such is the life of a flame magnet. :D

RonD1120

Logic is a creation of the reprobate mind.

That's funny. I thought logic and reason were supposed to be a gift for man from god. So you're suggesting he gave us logic, but wanted us to never, ever, use it? Bullshit.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***Logic is a creation of the reprobate mind.

That's funny. I thought logic and reason were supposed to be a gift for man from god. So you're suggesting he gave us logic, but wanted us to never, ever, use it? Bullshit.

He doesn't really believe what he says, nor does he care what you reply, as long as he gets someone to react. "Hee hee, hooked me another one, Maw!" That's pretty much the sum total of it.

RonD1120

My OP was aimed at the Christians in SC, or so I thought it would be. I should have known better, my bad. Such is the life of a flame magnet. :D

Sure you did.

You know, I know, everybody knows what you did and why you did it.

You deliberately quoted the part about prayer and salvation, and left out the factual, scientific part. You did it to bait those who know your posting style into assuming that it was simply one of the usual "God will save the righteous from the horrible disease and the evil one who is perpetrating it on us in order to destroy the country" kind of articles you usually post.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Christians are just as likely to catch the Ebola virus as anyone. The point of the post is to remind fellow pilgrims not to enter the panic stage.

Christians are just as likely to catch the Ebola virus as anyone.

Really? Wouldn't your all powerful god protect the faithful and punish the sinners? We are, as you repeatedly remind us, heading towards the end of days...

Technically, as I am in the UK, I am heading towards the end of my day. It has been a good day of roast lamb, skateboarding and booze. Now for some Walking Dead - proper end of days stuff for me!

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

RonD1120

Christians are just as likely to catch the Ebola virus as anyone. The point of the post is to remind fellow pilgrims not to enter the panic stage.

Hmmm. "Not to enter the panic stage."

You mean like planning to blockade your town to keep the "infected" out? And including theft and vandalism in those plans?

Is that panicking?

A couple of facts to lend some sanity to the fear-mongering. There are 318, 929,000 people in the USA as of Oct. 2014. 1 person in the USA has died from Ebola. 2 people currently have Ebola. I agree that we need to take Ebola seriously and develop proper protocols to handle this disease. But there are many more diseases that are much more serious. Approximately 580,000 people died from cancer in the USA in 2013. I repeat, 1 death from Ebola so far. This is not the end times, not matter how much some folks would like it to be.

You're right. This is NOT an "end times" event. This is still a serious event. The odds of any one particular individual (you or me) in the US getting it today, tomorrow or even a month from now are amazingly small.

That said . . . it's a huge crisis in Africa. It has the potential to be a pretty big crisis world-wide. Even then though in the US it will still be pretty rare. It will absolutely happen to people in the US, but almost certainly not to you or me as individuals.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver