rushmc

"Ten Reasons why People who Support Wind Farms Are Deluded, Criminal or Insane. Which One Are You, Vince Cable?"

Two of the more interesting ones

5. Wind turbines kill jobs. According to research by Gabriel Calzada Alvarez of the Rey Carlos university in Madrid, they destroy 2.2 jobs in the real economy for every Potemkin job ("green job") created by government malinvestment. Separate research suggests that the damage in the UK may be even higher: 3.7 real jobs lost for every fake green one created.

6. Wind turbines are like a reverse Robin Hood, lining the pockets of the rent-seeking rich - such as Prime Minister David Cameron's father-in-law, Sir Reginald Sheffield, Bt, who makes a £1000 a day just for sitting on his arse while the eight turbines on his Leicestershire estate turn idly in the breeze - at the expense of the ordinary energy user. If this were free market capitalism, fine. But it's not: it's the exact opposite - crony capitalism in which economic favours are handed out by the market but by government fiat. This is the kind of state-endorsed social injustice of which bloody revolutions are made.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/08/Ten-reasons-why-people-who-support-wind-farms-are-deluded-criminal-or-insane-Which-one-are-you-Vince-Cable
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The content is pure rhetoric. Unsupported hyperbole from a man who makes his living pandering to every right wing talking point.

I count 2.5, maybe three valid points, at least three that are purely made up and the rest are either highly questionable or simply a matter of personal taste.

Tell you what, let me know two of those points which you don't think are good arguments against wind power and we can talk.

(And I'm just saying, since you used the title I was wondering if it meant anything to you. I think it's indicative of how much attention you really paid to the content.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

[Reply]The content is pure rhetoric. Unsupported hyperbole

I agree, for the most part. Though your response is hyperbole, as well. I'd be satisfied to write "the content is too much rhetoric and hyperbole per objective fact."

When anybody starts on the whole "real" thing, I tune out. I.e., there are "real" jobs and "phony" jobs. I typically ignore such statements and don't like the arrogance of those who make such statements.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree, for the most part. Though your response is hyperbole, as well.

Only if you ignore my second paragraph. Which you did, on purpose, in order to be able to make your point;)

(BTW, rhetorical is not the same as fact free.)

jakee

I agree, for the most part. Though your response is hyperbole, as well.

Only if you ignore my second paragraph. Which you did, on purpose, in order to be able to make your point;)

(BTW, rhetorical is not the same as fact free.)

I agree. But how can I quibble about trifles if limited?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Now, a Wal-Mart worker, on the other hand . . . .

probably on food stamps. More government support. Is nothing sacred?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah, wind farms will surely create a society of insomniacs! But seriously, it will be great when this "anti green" crowd gets a bit older and dies off. They're a useless drain to society and just a burden on the younger generations who have to live with their mess. I recently worked with some younger kids who were from deep red states who were fervently against plastic bags and the general state of irresponsible pollution. It was actually surprising and refreshing. It's time for people who try to peddle this crap to move over and die with their wasteful ways.

skinnay

Yeah, wind farms will surely create a society of insomniacs! But seriously, it will be great when this "anti green" crowd gets a bit older and dies off. They're a useless drain to society and just a burden on the younger generations who have to live with their mess. I recently worked with some younger kids who were from deep red states who were fervently against plastic bags and the general state of irresponsible pollution. It was actually surprising and refreshing. It's time for people who try to peddle this crap to move over and die with their wasteful ways.

coming from the true minority that you are in

wind farms are a waste of money
I know you like them but, I bet you are a nimby
Abraham Lincoln

I like wind farms. I think they are majestic and strangely hypnotic.

That article was utter nonsense - propoganda dressed as news. It too me all of about 2 minutes searching to find this: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960148112000857

It is an article on relative deaths of birds from different energy sources (point 2 in the rant you posted) and determines that the number of deaths caused by wind farms to birds is minimal compared to other types of energy.

Keep peddling your hate, it clearly makes you happy.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

>coming from the true minority that you are in . . .wind farms are a waste of money

Well, if you assume that 71% is a 'true minority' that is. (Perhaps a 'truthy minority' would be more accurate.)

From Gallup:

====================
Americans Want More Emphasis on Solar, Wind, Natural Gas
by Dennis Jacobe, Chief Economist

PRINCETON, NJ -- No fewer than two in three Americans want the U.S. to put more emphasis on producing domestic energy using solar power (76%), wind (71%), and natural gas (65%). Far fewer want to emphasize the production of oil (46%) and the use of nuclear power (37%). Least favored is coal, with about one in three Americans wanting to prioritize its domestic production.

Question - do you think that, as a country, the US should place more emphasis, less emphasis, or about the same emphasis it places now on producing domestic energy from each of the following sources?

Replies for "more emphasis":
Solar powern 76%
Wind 71%
Natural gas 65%
Oil 46%
Nuclear 37%
Coal 31%
========================

Sorry that poll is no good and useless.

Only polls that agree with my position are good. The rest of them are flawed. Too easy to manipulate polling.

Unless the poll agrees with me, then it is the will of the people!!

Seriously, how hard is that to understand Bill. Really thought you were smarter!!

rushmc

***Yeah, wind farms will surely create a society of insomniacs! But seriously, it will be great when this "anti green" crowd gets a bit older and dies off. They're a useless drain to society and just a burden on the younger generations who have to live with their mess. I recently worked with some younger kids who were from deep red states who were fervently against plastic bags and the general state of irresponsible pollution. It was actually surprising and refreshing. It's time for people who try to peddle this crap to move over and die with their wasteful ways.

What's that? Your voice is so insignificant I can barely hear you
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/windpower/10027700/Wind-farms-only-opposed-by-10-per-cent-of-people-Government-claims.html

skinnay

******Yeah, wind farms will surely create a society of insomniacs! But seriously, it will be great when this "anti green" crowd gets a bit older and dies off. They're a useless drain to society and just a burden on the younger generations who have to live with their mess. I recently worked with some younger kids who were from deep red states who were fervently against plastic bags and the general state of irresponsible pollution. It was actually surprising and refreshing. It's time for people who try to peddle this crap to move over and die with their wasteful ways.

What's that? Your voice is so insignificant I can barely hear you
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/windpower/10027700/Wind-farms-only-opposed-by-10-per-cent-of-people-Government-claims.htmlcoming from a radical who has stated he cant wait for those who disagree with him to die off?

Priceless:D
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>coming from the true minority that you are in . . .wind farms are a waste of money

Well, if you assume that 71% is a 'true minority' that is. (Perhaps a 'truthy minority' would be more accurate.)

From Gallup:

====================
Americans Want More Emphasis on Solar, Wind, Natural Gas
by Dennis Jacobe, Chief Economist

PRINCETON, NJ -- No fewer than two in three Americans want the U.S. to put more emphasis on producing domestic energy using solar power (76%), wind (71%), and natural gas (65%). Far fewer want to emphasize the production of oil (46%) and the use of nuclear power (37%). Least favored is coal, with about one in three Americans wanting to prioritize its domestic production.

Question - do you think that, as a country, the US should place more emphasis, less emphasis, or about the same emphasis it places now on producing domestic energy from each of the following sources?

Replies for "more emphasis":
Solar powern 76%
Wind 71%
Natural gas 65%
Oil 46%
Nuclear 37%
Coal 31%
========================

From a 2013 poll asked generally

I would love to see this asked of those who are now forced to live around the damned things (I am talking wind)

I have way less issue with solar

Natural gas is just fine but, I am still waiting for the gov to try and come up with something related to fracking they say has to stop the process on privated ground too

In the end, wind is a wast of capital dollars and the only reason they are being built today is a political reason as they have yet to make any money if the tax incentives are removed

I understand the answers and the numbers but, those truly informed tend to not think this way
Abraham Lincoln

quade

***So all jobs supported by government money are fake jobs?

One does begin to wonder why Rush hates our men and women in uniform so much.

WTF did that have to do with anything in this post? I think you have a serious problem you should go talk to someone about.

As for wind, I would much prefer our money going to solar research. The whole road solar thing was probably the most exciting thing and makes the most sense of anything I have ever seen regarding energy yet no government is dumping money into it. At least that I know of. We have billions of sq ft of road. No unsightly wind turbines and no danger to wildlife. Makes sense which is probably why the government wants nothing to do with it.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I was talking about the "road" solar idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMFKKyFU60 while very outside the box, if we can put a man on the moon or send robots to mars we should be able to make this happen.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

The whole road solar thing was probably the most exciting thing and makes the most sense of anything I have ever seen regarding energy

Oh good lord no. Solar roads make absolutely no sense, either as solar plants or as roads.

And even if they were feasible it wouldn't make sense to pursue them over the immense amounts of unused space on buildings, which is a much lower hanging fruit.

rushmc

Hey rush, I thought said you wanted to discuss the content - so far you're just insulting everyone who disagrees with you.