BillyVance

Arkansas gun range becomes the first to exclude Muslims

The real story seems to be that she tossed a couple guys who were acting strangely, frightening other customers, and one couldn't prove citizenship. They just happened to appear to be Muslim.

The very first line of the article:

In an act that will no doubt result in lawsuits, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has declared itself a “Muslim free zone” due to concerns over domestic Islamic terrorism.

This ban applies to all Muslims.

- Dan G

The real sticky part for me is Islamic terrorist sleeper agents and cells. How can you mitigate the risk without profiling?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Andy9o8

RTFB.

Huh?

Peruse such texts as 'The Book of Mormon,' 'The Koran' and 'Mein Kampf' if you wish to become familiar with the tenets of the 'ism' in question.

Whether or not one adheres scrupulously to the rules they espouse, the fact that they consider them "The Rules" says it all.

Or as Zimmerman paraphrased Deuteronomy, "Everybody must get stoned."

Wonder how many people will think you are talking about George, instead of Robert.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Skyrad

If they did this to Jews there'd be a shit storm (and I would find it equally offensive).

Interesting... I don't think Jews had any warmongers and terrorists back in the days before and during WWII. They were for the most part, total pacifists. It was the Nazis thinking they were unclean and decided they had to go.

Now Muslim extremists.... this is what I think of them:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The real sticky part for me is Islamic terrorist sleeper agents and cells. How can you mitigate the risk without profiling?

Just wrap yourself in bubble wrap:S.

So much for the land of the free, and the home of the brave. This thread just shows a bunch of conservative pussies who want to take away their fellow man's freedoms so they can feel all warm and fuzzy and safe. The founding fathers are spinning in their graves.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

- Dan G

So, you haven't got a reasonable answer just liberal BS. OK, I think that will be your last chance at adult conversation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So, you haven't got a reasonable answer just liberal BS.

I don't have a reasonable answer because, as usual, you've failed to ask a reasonable question. "What do you do about Islamic sleeper cells," is a stupid question when referring to gun rental policies. It's a question only a paranoid person would ask.

OK, I think that will be your last chance at adult conversation.

If I no longer have to converse with you, it would make my day. I've tried to be generally polite to you, but frankly I'm sick of it. You are the reason America is going down the tubes. Your intolerant, biased, short-signed, and ill informed views are why we can no longer have adult conversation in this country, much less this website. You won't listen to anyone outside your "tribe", and the people inside your "tribe" make their living off stirring people like you up. It's a God damn shame.

- Dan G

You can't mitigate the risk even with profiling. You can't profile people based on religious views unless you follow them all day every day.

And indeed, any Islamic terrorist sleeper cell is going to go out of there way to not look like Muslim's as they know that draws attention.

This isn't Team America, not every Muslim fits into the box of "brown with a beard". There are plenty of white muslims in the world, you wouldn't know until you ask them.

RonD1120

You are absolutely correct. The problem is much larger than a specific gun range ban. The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless. If we attempt any broad measure of protection we are threatened with fines, imprisonment or both. Somehow we need to come together and stop the approaching civil war.

You are absolutely correct. The problem is much larger than a specific gun range ban. The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless.

LOL, you are clueless. You are so brainwashed by this cult you live in you need mental help to be integrated back into normal society. You are 75% down the road to becoming a homegrown terrorist. It would take very little to convince you to take up arms. Acting like a child and trying to go after TK was just the first step....you'll keep going.

Some one else mentioend this already, but you are exactly what is wrong with America. If there is to be fighting in the US, it is because of people like you and the cult you belong to.

Hi Ron,

The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless.

I disagree. Our borders are no more 'open' now than they have been for the last 70+ yrs.

He may not have 'closed' them sufficiently for you but that is a subjective observation.

I really wish you would stop somewhat, take a deep breath and then 'think' about what you want to post here before doing so.

Jerry Baumchen

jcd11235

***The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless.

Really?You seem to be laboring under the delusion that facts matter to Ron.

Don

DanG

4) Two muslims walked in to my range last week with allah akbar ring tone and message alert tones on their smart phones. They spoke very little english, one did not have proof of U.S. citizenship, yet they wanted to rent and shoot guns.
Their behavior was so strange, it was unnerving to my patrons. No one would enter the range to shoot while they were there. Some of my customers left.
(can you blame them?)

I think she has good reason to ban those two individuals.

Extending the ban to all Muslims is stupid, prejudiced, and ignorant.

and we have a winner...

it's a publicity stunt.

And I didn't need to give proof of US citizenship to go to a gun range in CA. Maybe Arkansas is different.

SkyDekker

You are absolutely correct. The problem is much larger than a specific gun range ban. The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless.

LOL, you are clueless. You are so brainwashed by this cult you live in you need mental help to be integrated back into normal society. You are 75% down the road to becoming a homegrown terrorist. It would take very little to convince you to take up arms. Acting like a child and trying to go after TK was just the first step....you'll keep going.

Some one else mentioend this already, but you are exactly what is wrong with America. If there is to be fighting in the US, it is because of people like you and the cult you belong to.

At one time, on this sight, telling someone they were clueless got you a time out or at least a warring

But, I guess that only happens if your beliefs fall on the right[:/]

But, IF there is fighting, it will NOT come because of those who think like Ron. It will come because those on the left, who think much like you do, use the government to push their minority views on the rest of us

I really don’t think that will happen but, more will be known after the election in less than 5 weeks

BTW
The fed has put minority illegal children in every state now. Gotta wonder it that fact has anything to do with the mystery respiratory viruses that are paralyzing children here
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

The BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism and those concerned are helpless.

I disagree. Our borders are no more 'open' now than they have been for the last 70+ yrs.

He may not have 'closed' them sufficiently for you but that is a subjective observation.

I really wish you would stop somewhat, take a deep breath and then 'think' about what you want to post here before doing so.

Jerry Baumchen

And I disagree with you
the fed has in the last 8 months place illegal imigrant children in all 50 states

the next waive is on the way and Mexico is helping
Abraham Lincoln

The fed has put minority illegal children in every state now. Gotta wonder it that fact has anything to do with the mystery respiratory viruses that are paralyzing children here

:| Oh, good fucking god, Marc.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-border-immigration-children-scabies-conservativ-20140724-column.html

The alarms sounded by anti-immigration forces are part of a long pattern of accusing immigrants of exposing clean, healthy Americans to filth and disease.

American University historian Alan Kraut writes that often, "native-born Americans' fear of disease from abroad became a rationale for an equally great and pre-existing prejudice." When the Irish arrived, they were accused of bringing cholera. European Jews were seen as carriers for tuberculosis. Asians were alleged vessels for hookworm.

The Immigration Act of 1891 barred entry to anyone with "a loathsome or dangerous contagious disease." Even then, the risk was mostly imaginary. In the ensuing years, only 3 percent of arriving immigrants were turned away because of physical or mental illness.

Race, of course, plays a role in our fears. If we were warned of blue-eyed Canadians coming over the bridge from Windsor, Ontario, with mild but contagious skin disorders, the warnings might not resonate. But dark-skinned foreigners have long evoked special discomfort among many Americans.

The concern about foreign-borne illness is not completely unfounded, but why is it only immigrants who stimulate intense anxiety? If there are diseases endemic to the nations south of us, we don't need immigrants to transport them.

After all, more than 4 million Americans travel to Central or South America each year, and another 20 million visit Mexico. We somehow survive whatever germs they bring back.

The insistence on stigmatizing migrating foreigners because they are not exempt from normal health troubles is an old disorder. But it's entirely homegrown.

BTW

This has been debunked so many times. This accusation is no different than people blaming negros for everything bad in society 50 years ago.

Clueless.

It will come because those on the left, who think much like you do, use the government to push their minority views on the rest of us

It will come because people won't be able to use simple logic and logical thinking anymore.

People who read only what they want to read and then post things like:

the BHO administration has opened our borders to disease and terrorism.

Fed has put illegal minority children in every state and it is causing mystery respiratory viruses.

It will come because people won't be able to use simple logic and logical thinking anymore.

[\quote]

These people are already here
They voted to for BHO
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

Here is what the owner Jan Morgan states in her own words.

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/09/business-muslim-free-zone/#5LXiUUG8sImSPioW.99

4) Two .... walked in to my range last week with ... ring tone and message alert tones on their smart phones. They spoke very little english ........ yet they wanted to rent and shoot guns.
Their behavior was so strange, it was unnerving to my patrons. No one would enter the range to shoot while they were there. Some of my customers left.
(can you blame them?)

You completely missed the point!
If they do not understand the range safety officer, they should not allowed to hold loaded weapons.
Period!

Bungling amateurs with weapons scare the crap out of me!
I would have walked out too.

If want to understand my views on firearms, look up "FG-42" in the history & trivia" forum.

Andy9o8

:| Oh, good fucking god, Marc.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-border-immigration-children-scabies-conservativ-20140724-column.html

The alarms sounded by anti-immigration forces are part of a long pattern of accusing immigrants of exposing clean, healthy Americans to filth and disease.

American University historian Alan Kraut writes that often, "native-born Americans' fear of disease from abroad became a rationale for an equally great and pre-existing prejudice." When the Irish arrived, they were accused of bringing cholera. European Jews were seen as carriers for tuberculosis. Asians were alleged vessels for hookworm.

The Immigration Act of 1891 barred entry to anyone with "a loathsome or dangerous contagious disease." Even then, the risk was mostly imaginary. In the ensuing years, only 3 percent of arriving immigrants were turned away because of physical or mental illness.

Race, of course, plays a role in our fears. If we were warned of blue-eyed Canadians coming over the bridge from Windsor, Ontario, with mild but contagious skin disorders, the warnings might not resonate. But dark-skinned foreigners have long evoked special discomfort among many Americans.

The concern about foreign-borne illness is not completely unfounded, but why is it only immigrants who stimulate intense anxiety? If there are diseases endemic to the nations south of us, we don't need immigrants to transport them.

After all, more than 4 million Americans travel to Central or South America each year, and another 20 million visit Mexico. We somehow survive whatever germs they bring back.

The insistence on stigmatizing migrating foreigners because they are not exempt from normal health troubles is an old disorder. But it's entirely homegrown.

I did not think you believed in God

go figure.......

Oh
I cant read your link and I sure as hell am not signing up for the Chicago Tribune
Abraham Lincoln