Dantes

If she runs...will Hillary Clinton become the next president?

It's almost guaranteed, barring some cataclysm. I wanted to see how the DZ community feels about it. What will her main goals/policies be? Will she be an effective leader?

I think Hillary will try to make Obamacare into a single-payer system. Mr. Obama claimed this transition was part his long-term game. Single-payer health care will be a great thing for the country as the current public-private Frankenstein is the most inefficient structure possible.

However, I do worry about foreign policy. She has been quite clear that she is a 'Hawk' compared to Obama's 'Dove.' This attribute will likely lead to more wars of aggression to benefit our "allies" and maintain hegemony.

I don't trust her. She strikes be as fake and contrived. What's the alternative? The GOP is going to throw a Hail Mary with some shit candidate like Santorum.

Dantes

It's almost guaranteed, barring some cataclysm.

I don't think you've studied history very well.

We are more than two years from the election. A lot can change in that time. Some of it can have to do with the candidate. Other things can change a "sure thing" into a "no f'in' way" that have absolutely nothing to do with the candidate.

Anybody making bets today might was well be throwing darts while blindfolded.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Dantes

It's almost guaranteed, barring some cataclysm. I wanted to see how the DZ community feels about it. What will her main goals/policies be? Will she be an effective leader?

I think Hillary will try to make Obamacare into a single-payer system. Mr. Obama claimed this transition was part his long-term game. Single-payer health care will be a great thing for the country as the current public-private Frankenstein is the most inefficient structure possible.

However, I do worry about foreign policy. She has been quite clear that she is a 'Hawk' compared to Obama's 'Dove.' This attribute will likely lead to more wars of aggression to benefit our "allies" and maintain hegemony.

I don't trust her. She strikes be as fake and contrived. What's the alternative? The GOP is going to throw a Hail Mary with some shit candidate like Santorum.

Your, um, Bias is showing.

I hoe she does become president. That way the muslim world can hate us just THAT much more.

lets see what she can do with ISIS.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your, um, Bias is showing.

I hoe she does become president. That way the muslim world can hate us just THAT much more.

lets see what she can do with ISIS.:S

You realize that ISIS exists because we led an (illegal) war into a country then destroyed their army and police, installed a puppet government, and left a a gaping power vacuum. Mr. Hussein was an asshole, but he had a zero tolerance policy for terrorism, and he wasn't bothering us. To think we would have saved trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives if we just let him be.

Also, having 1.5B people despise you isn't a great way to maintain hegemony.

Dantes

You realize that ISIS exists because we led an (illegal) war into a country then destroyed their army and police, installed a puppet government, and left a a gaping power vacuum. Mr. Hussein was an asshole, but he had a zero tolerance policy for terrorism, and he wasn't bothering us. To think we would have saved trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives if we just let him be.

While a piece of that is true, ISIS started in Syria, so I'm not really certain you have my full agreement on all of the causes there.

I think if anyone is really to blame for ISIS, it is probably the folks in KSA who are funding them. You'll notice KSA isn't really denouncing ISIS and all of this war only means more money for them anyway.
quade -

quade

***You realize that ISIS exists because we led an (illegal) war into a country then destroyed their army and police, installed a puppet government, and left a a gaping power vacuum. Mr. Hussein was an asshole, but he had a zero tolerance policy for terrorism, and he wasn't bothering us. To think we would have saved trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives if we just let him be.

While a piece of that is true, ISIS started in Syria, so I'm not really certain you have my full agreement on all of the causes there.

I think if anyone is really to blame for ISIS, it is probably the folks in KSA who are funding them. You'll notice KSA isn't really denouncing ISIS and all of this war only means more money for them anyway.

Without the power vaccuum in Iraq, you don't see this drive and rise.

The power vaccuum is there because an American president wanted to show his daddy he could do better.

SkyDekker

Without the power vaccuum in Iraq, you don't see this drive and rise.

The power vaccuum is there because an American president wanted to show his daddy he could do better.

Let me suggest that was simply hand with the pen signing the papers. The desire went back further and to me looks like it begins and ends with the signatory members of the PNAC. Do just the slightest amount of research and the entire thing is completely disgusting. Why those particular individuals are still walking the streets is beyond me. The US needs a truth commission.

But, we're digressing here. Let's get back on topic.
quade -

There is a photo somewhere of her horrified face as Seal Team Six dispatched some nameless piece of shit (later dumped in the ocean they say). Anybody really want that as Commander in Chief?

I'll take" Fuck No for $500 Bob"

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

78RATS

There is a photo somewhere of her horrified face as Seal Team Six dispatched some nameless piece of shit (later dumped in the ocean they say). Anybody really want that as Commander in Chief?

Well, that's your opinion. You're welcome to it. I personally think it's about the most shallow reasoning I've ever heard because you really have no clue whatsoever what she was reacting to at the exact moment the photo was taken, but again, you're welcome to your opinion.
quade -

quade

***There is a photo somewhere of her horrified face as Seal Team Six dispatched some nameless piece of shit (later dumped in the ocean they say). Anybody really want that as Commander in Chief?

Well, that's your opinion. You're welcome to it. I personally think it's about the most shallow reasoning I've ever heard because you really have no clue whatsoever what she was reacting to at the exact moment the photo was taken, but again, you're welcome to your opinion.

What if it was? What would you say then?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[Reply]The GOP is going to throw a Hail Mary with some shit candidate like Santorum

If she gets the nomination, I'm pretty sure the GOP will find a way to put the worst candidate out there. One that appeals to the hardcore GOP fringe and alienate every swing voter out there under the moronic assumption that everybody else hates Hillary as much as they do.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If she gets the nomination, I'm pretty sure the GOP will find a way to put the worst candidate out there. One that appeals to the hardcore GOP fringe and alienate every swing voter out there under the moronic assumption that everybody else hates Hillary as much as they do.

Bing! We have a winner! Johnny, tell him about his prizes.

- Dan G

78RATS

I don't think it is unusual for some one to flinch when they watch somebody get killed. Specially if that is not something they are normally exposed to.

Basing your decision on whether that makes a person fit for presidential office is insane.

lawrocket

[Reply]The GOP is going to throw a Hail Mary with some shit candidate like Santorum

I hope Governor Jindal decides to run. Having said that, I am a bit biased having worked for him. He seeks counsel and weighs the risks & benefits and have seen the man be very decisive during a disaster. Not once did he succumb to rumors without seeking fact. His own State has benefited greatly from some of his initiatives and policies. Very much a conservative; but not a party-line Republican.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Well, you are assuming that if she runs, she will win the nomination.

I don't know who might giver her a solid challenge, but she had a pretty good chance in 08, until a little known Senator from Illinois launched his campaign.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

BIGUN

...Governor Jindal... Very much a conservative; but not a party-line Republican.

I guess a local might know more than me on the subject, but I find it difficult to believe he's not a "party-line Republican" considering he's been specifically chosen to deliver the Republican party line on a couple of occasions. One time was a glorious and spectacular failure at that.

I just don't see how it's reasonable to assume the party heads gathered together and picked somebody not of their own making and not totally on-board with their own thinking there.
quade -

A country with a population of 314 million. But we continually put the same 100 or so people or less in positions of extreme power and wonder why the whole thing is going down the tubes. Out of 314 million residents it's really necessary to put the same stagnant old folks in charge? I just don't get it.