Dantes

If she runs...will Hillary Clinton become the next president?

kawisixer01

A country with a population of 314 million. But we continually put the same 100 or so people or less in positions of extreme power and wonder why the whole thing is going down the tubes. Out of 314 million residents it's really necessary to put the same stagnant old folks in charge? I just don't get it.

It's almost always been done that way. That being said, I share your dismay.

My wife is a highly educated professional, and has long preached it being high time for a woman president. In principle I agree. She is energized by Hillary's high intelligence and apparent viability, so I stay out of her way when she champions Hillary. Me, I want a Democrat to appoint SCOTUS justices. I realize political nepotism will always exist, but it still bugs me. So if the white house winds up being controlled by the same 2 families for 24 or 28 years of a single generation, the endless nepotism part of that will be disappointing.

quade

***...Governor Jindal... Very much a conservative; but not a party-line Republican.

quade

I guess a local might know more than me on the subject, but I find it difficult to believe he's not a "party-line Republican" considering he's been specifically chosen to deliver the Republican party line on a couple of occasions. One time was a glorious and spectacular failure at that.

Oh, I'm not going to say that the lines don't bisect at times. Some of his policies are definitely right-wing party line, but as a result of his beliefs and not because he's been led by the nose ring. The substance of his speech was good, but lost in the quagmire of his poor delivery.

quade

I just don't see how it's reasonable to assume the party heads gathered together and picked somebody not of their own making and not totally on-board with their own thinking there.

Agreed. And, like Lawrocket said - doomed.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

******...Governor Jindal... Very much a conservative; but not a party-line Republican.

quade

I guess a local might know more than me on the subject, but I find it difficult to believe he's not a "party-line Republican" considering he's been specifically chosen to deliver the Republican party line on a couple of occasions. One time was a glorious and spectacular failure at that.

Oh, I'm not going to say that the lines don't bisect at times. Some of his policies are definitely right-wing party line, but as a result of his beliefs and not because he's been led by the nose ring. The substance of his speech was good, but lost in the quagmire of his poor delivery.

quade

I just don't see how it's reasonable to assume the party heads gathered together and picked somebody not of their own making and not totally on-board with their own thinking there.

Agreed. And, like Lawrocket said - doomed.

First and foremost, because we would find out shortly that he likes to throw old ladies off of cliffs, personally poisoned the aquifers, was responsible for the Exxon Valdez, and the sinking of the Titanic. Then the speculation would arise that he wants to bring Osama Bin Ladden and Sadam Hussain back to life.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes, a Woman U.S. President would be Historic and In todays Chaotic World just might BE the shot in the arm , for which this country is loooong Overdue... IF Hillary is the Leader, and the Motivator and the consolidator that we'd LIKE to believe she Is, then How about she gets on board , with THIS dramatic scenario..????:o:|:o Form an alliance, wherein Hillary is nominated as the Vice Presidential candidate along with Elizabeth Warren as the Presidential part of the ticket.... Ms Warren ( D ) Mass. has shown herself to Be a champion of the People.. of the middle class of "the working stiffs"...Yet she has Good Knowledge of the "corporate " side of things as well... She has a sensibile head on her shoulders and speaks firmly and with conviction. By NOT having to cowtow to allllll that the president deals with... on a daily basis, VICE president Clinton might then be able to concentrate on heading up certain Key committees, or legislation generating groups,,,,or fact finding commisions....... Establish a REAL working Partnership between the Executive branch and the Legislative branch which has for decades... been an inefficient and NONproductive blight to the American people. Ms. Clintons foreign affairs knowledge can be utilized on an advisory basis by President Warren... and as VP Hillary can more easily work "behind the scenes " A true patriot, IF Ms Clinton IS that...could show great wisdom to take the Co-Pilot role instead of P I C .... I Like Eliz. Warren. Whenever i see her or hear her being interviewed.. i Like what i see.... keep an Eye on HER... I also Like Ms. Clinton though i recognize that she is Polarizing, and many folks Hate her.....so we'll see what happens... we now return you to the usual SC chatter...:)

I doubt that she will win. She simply has too much baggage left over from her time as FLOTUS. And the fiction of her role in the Bengazi incident will be enough to get even otherwise rational right wing dems to abandon her.

BUT it will be amusing to see the teabaggers go from racist to misogynist overnight.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

hello mr. dantes,

I think Hillary will try to make Obamacare into a single-payer system.

seriously?

obamacare is already a single-payer system, have you not figured that out yet?

Hillary Clinton would make a poor president, she suffers from the delusion that she is much smarter than she actually is.

Boomerdog

Kinda stacked the deck with your survey eh?
Heads you win, tails you still win.

What kinda horse shit operation you running anyway?

She was supposed to have the nomination sewn up when Obama took it from her
Hell, even the Des Moines Registrer is tired of her already
I am thinking a 75% chance she will NOT get the nomination
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Dantes

It's almost guaranteed, barring some cataclysm. I wanted to see how the DZ community feels about it. What will her main goals/policies be? Will she be an effective leader?

I think Hillary will try to make Obamacare into a single-payer system. Mr. Obama claimed this transition was part his long-term game. Single-payer health care will be a great thing for the country as the current public-private Frankenstein is the most inefficient structure possible.

However, I do worry about foreign policy. She has been quite clear that she is a 'Hawk' compared to Obama's 'Dove.' This attribute will likely lead to more wars of aggression to benefit our "allies" and maintain hegemony.

I don't trust her. She strikes be as fake and contrived. What's the alternative? The GOP is going to throw a Hail Mary with some shit candidate like Santorum.

Hopefully the GOP gets Rand Paul/Trey Gowdy or Dr. Ben Carson. Otherwise this country is going down the tubes quickly with Hillary at the helm. She can even operate a broom much less the most important office on the planet.

regulator

this country is going down the tubes quickly with Hillary at the helm. She can even operate a broom much less the most important office on the planet.

I get the desire to have a libertarian as president.

but the 'broom' comment....which way do you mean?

1 - she's so incompetent that can do simple housework? I suspect you'll get bashed for that by the maid's union

or

2 - is it an incompetent witch comment? that's clever

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants