mirage62

Fox crushed MSNBC on Obama speach

Bill the point of my post was simply to put fourth that more of your country men and women went to Fox to watch Obamas speech other than MSNBC. That seems to be a fact.

You have proven, I guess, in the past that Fox is factually bankrupt. Ok.

Perhaps with all you skills you could explain WHY, other than all these people are dumb bunnies.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Oooooh I see Quade you were TRYING TO BE ironic!!

Sorry, I get it now. Good one man. :S

With lame attempts like that at trying to backpedal "irony I'm surprised Quade isn't one of Fox News' largest subscriber.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Oooooh I see Quade you were TRYING TO BE ironic!!

With lame attempts like that at trying to backpedal "irony I'm surprised Quade isn't one of Fox News' largest subscriber.

I sooo do not think he would be a possible candidate for being a FAUX News aficionado. I am pretty sure he has an IQ considerably above room temperature.

turtlespeed

***Oooooh I see Quade you were TRYING TO BE ironic!!

You must be right, Turtle. Obviously you're a "genius."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

mirage62

I'd say you were full of crap. I did not say or saddest Fox was better at News.

You mis-quoted in your haste, just man up. Argue that their marketing sucks because I did suggest that.

Basically you have a outstanding need to argue your point, you seem to lack the ability to read or listen to others.

I think I lack the ability to read and understand you. Who is the saddest Fox?

Many, many more people selected Fox to watch the president speech. You have no answer other than to say people that Fox are misguided.

34M people watched it. 4.5 on FOX. To put a different spin on it, many, many more people selcted not FOX. So what?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'd say brainwashing. Potato, potato. Or Potatoe if you're Dan Quail.

Uh...it's Dan QUAYLE. Of course you might be trying to be funny using the avian metaphor. With you I never know.

But for proper spelling..."y" instead of "i' with an "e" at the end which means ya gotta go see Vanna and buy a vowel!

1 - someone said there would be bananas, or at least some kind of buffet.....still waiting on that

2 - not pointing any fingers here, but could a couple people please turn off your spell check/autocomplete.....or, if it's off, please turn it on? either way

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Oops grammar nazi.

Although your second point does have a relative point. Fox certainly isn't the primary place the total number of people go to.

But still WHY does Fox seem to be growing?

It either is that some people are just moving to Fox over being dissatisfied with Obama or better marketing over say MSNBC.

I am constantly floored that this company is even still in business.
It would appear that people will in fact buy and eat horse shit, just install a drive thru.
:S:S:S

Oh, and Fox is a crap news source. I can't even watch live videos there due to the bobble heads. It's like watching MST3K news. Without the entertainment.

FOX News has mastered comfortable news for an under served group: conservatives who want comfortable news. Google succeeds in part because they provide comfortable results; i.e. ones that are likely to be clicked on, based on what you've clicked on in the past. Google doesn't care if you're presented a truly balanced view; they care that their advertisers get clicks.

This whole "I want a world that conforms to me" thing has been increasing over the years. It might be a reaction to people being crowded, or other factors. But it's no surprise that a news channel has taken it up; other media have for years. Otherwise we wouldn't have both "Mother Jones" and "National Review."

It's just a newer concept that it can happen in broadcast news.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Bill the point of my post was simply to put fourth that more of your country men
>and women went to Fox to watch Obamas speech other than MSNBC. That seems
>to be a fact.

Yep. And I posted the fact that far, far more people watch American Idol. You could draw a few conclusions from this, perhaps:

1) Popularity is not indicative of societal value, accuracy or integrity
2) People prefer entertainment to news
3) American Idol is better overall than FOX or MSNBC

I think 1) and 2) have some validity.

You seem to have drawn a fourth conclusion, which is that "Bill thinks people who watch FOX are all stupid." I did not claim that, nor do I think that is the case.

>Perhaps with all you skills you could explain WHY, other than all these people are
>dumb bunnies.

?? I didn't claim they were. People who watch FOX (or MSNBC, or American Idol) are not necessarily "dumb bunnies."

Hey Mark, where do you get your news? I'm not being a smart ass I'd like to know.

For me, as I've said in the past, I go to real clear politics (for politics of course) For world news BBC but for "local" news I've struggled.

Suggestions?

mirage62

Oops grammar nazi.

Although your second point does have a relative point. Fox certainly isn't the primary place the total number of people go to.

But still WHY does Fox seem to be growing?

It either is that some people are just moving to Fox over being dissatisfied with Obama or better marketing over say MSNBC.

You ignored the point I made earlier in this thread.

You ignored it when Andy9o8 asked you to comment on it.

Can you please continue your blissful ignorance and continue ignoring it?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I hit CNN, BBC, RT, AP, as well as a lot of local news stations and newspaper sites for anything local. I also tend to try to search local news in the area that something happened in as opposed to national media for the hot topic stories.
I tend to not trust any of them!

I can't tolerate the Hysterical Lady Network nor FOX News.
They're both flat out stoopid to me. Nothing but hyped up drama.
I will not listen to "red" or "blue" news sites due to the over the top bias from both. It's as bad as talk/hate radio. I just don't need the poison in my life.

wmw999

FOX News has mastered comfortable news for an under served group: conservatives who want comfortable news. Google succeeds in part because they provide comfortable results; i.e. ones that are likely to be clicked on, based on what you've clicked on in the past. Google doesn't care if you're presented a truly balanced view; they care that their advertisers get clicks.

[B]This whole "I want a world that conforms to me" thing has been increasing over the years. It might be a reaction to people being crowded, or other factors. But it's no surprise that a news channel has taken it up; other media have for years. Otherwise we wouldn't have both "Mother Jones" and "National Review."

It's just a newer concept that it can happen in broadcast news.

Wendy P.

Leave it to Wendy to put in a post that doesn't inflame and makes a simple point: that fox gives its viewers what it wants. MSNBC does the same thing.

And I think that her point about people wanting everyone else conform to their ideals is the most powerful point I've heard on this forum in a very long time. Just letting people like what they like and watch what they want to watch is unacceptable to too many people.

Thanks, Wendy.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

CanuckInUSA

It was the same speech no matter what channel someone watched it on.

This.

When a speech is broadcast on half a dozen different stations and I want to watch it, the channel I watch it on is usually dictated by which network my DVR last recorded a show from, because that what comes on when I turn on the TV.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post. I didn't really read it as a question. If I've read it right you saying that there is only one conservative network and more liberal networks. To he fair you shouldn't consider Fox against only MSNBC, but rather Fox against all the liberal networks.

I agree, makes pretty good sense to me. Happy?