mirage62

Is this true about the Obama administration? Lefties debunk

I got this today from a friend, truthfully I don't know if there really is a protocol for who attends a funeral, just because of rank. I'm going to try and look this up later but figured Kallend, Quade, ect, ect...would know the truth:

Two star Major General Harold Greene was killed in Afghanistan on August 8, 2014 while serving his country in pride for 34 years. As of 1972, he was the highest ranking officer in the military killed in action since the Vietnam war. President Obama has not mentioned anything in regards to this highly decorated soldier yet he spoke highly of Robin Williams who committed suicide. He was buried August 14 in the Arlington National Cemetary. Neither the President, Vice President, Secretary of State nor Secretary of Defense attended the funeral. President Obama was on vacation, playing golf at Martha’s Vineyard . No flags were ordered to half staff yet they were for Whitney Houston, who committed suicide. I find this very offensive and disrespectful to the veterans who have served our great country.

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

It is likely they are trying to distance themselves . . .

Out of sight - out of mind.

On August 5, 2014, Greene was killed after being shot in the back of the head by an Afghan soldier with an M16 rifle at Camp Qargha's Marshal Fahim National Defense University in Kabul, Afghanistan.[24][25] He had been making a routine visit to a training facility at the time.[26] Fourteen NATO and Afghan servicemembers were wounded in the attack,[27] including Brigadier General Michael Bartscher of the German Bundeswehr, two Afghan generals and another Afghan officer, eight Americans, and two British soldiers.[27][28]

On the morning of August 7, 2014, Greene's body arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.[29][30][31] Greene was buried in Arlington National Cemetery on August 14, 2014. [32]

- wiki

It seems to me that, like Benghazi, there was a lack of security.

They just don't want to acknowledge it, and maybe it will go away.

Head in the sand and all that.

OR

It is also likely that they despise the military and want nothing to do with it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>It is also likely that they despise the military and want nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that's probably it. Or they hate white people. Or they hate families. Go with families; it will get more traction.

A swing and a miss, Bill.

They hate America. That's obviously it.
Remster

DanG

What's the cutoff for when the NCA has to show up at a funeral?

Obviously it's below 2 stars. Is it one star? O-5? What?

OK. I'll play your bullshit game. How about everyone that died serving their country instead of 100 Million dollar vacations in Africa. What the fuck kinda question is that? You trying to deflect that the highest ranking officer of this war shouldn't have had its Commander-in-Chief present instead of staying on vacation?!?!?!? Bullshit. Leadership FAIL
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

***What's the cutoff for when the NCA has to show up at a funeral?

OK. I'll play your bullshit game. How about everyone that died serving their country instead of 100 Million dollar vacations in Africa. What the fuck kinda question is that? You trying to deflect that the highest ranking officer of this war shouldn't have had its Commander-in-Chief present instead of staying on vacation?!?!?!? Bullshit. Leadership FAIL

Barry sure managed to get some dignitaries to the Michael Brown funeral. You libs keep trying to pick up this turd of a president by the clean end.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******What's the cutoff for when the NCA has to show up at a funeral?

Barry sure managed to get some dignitaries to the Michael Brown funeral. You libs keep trying to pick up this turd of a president by the clean end.

And you first-class geniuses can't even be bothered to do research beyond the viral wing-nut blogosphere, or you'd know that THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE attended General Greene's funeral. Sorry that the Cabinet Secretary to whom the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff co-reports is too low-ranking for you.

I see literally thousands of viral posts comparing the Michael Brown funeral with the General Greene funeral. What a bunch of stupid assholes, marching in lockstep to repeat the mantras they've been programmed to repeat. Stupid, stupid assholes.

You guys really need to pull your heads out of it and stop embarrassing yourselves with such desperation tactics.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/greene.asp

The other bullshit in the OP are debunked in the above link, too.

It's a conscious strategy on the right-wing nut-case side. They know a lot of people will not read past the headlines and know even far fewer will go to any trouble whatsoever to check out the facts.

Meanwhile, they get clicks and reposts from the far right-wing "true believers."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

JerryBaumchen

Hi BIGUN,

Leadership FAIL

Did G W Bush attend the funeral(s) of any service member while he was in office?

I do not know. However, I do think it should be part of this type of discussion.

JerryBaumchen

Apparently dead generals are more dead than dead sergeants or dead privates.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fucking really?

The President should attend the funeral of every soldier killed overseas?

Give me a fucking break.

- Dan G

Greene

You are a very bright person! This post from you is one of the most ridiculous post we have ever seen you write.
Some of your post are questionable, but this is the worst !

Which of the two Greenes is speaking right now?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

DanG

Fucking really?

The President should attend the funeral of every soldier killed overseas?

Give me a fucking break.

No. Not really, I told you it was a bullshit game when you tried deflecting it. But, the spirit of it is something Lefties have been touting since Vietnam. And, think about it... If both sides held the leadership to a higher standard of standing there and having to salute several of those THEY placed in harm's way... Maybe we wouldn't [have] any bullshit ten year wars.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

JerryBaumchen

Hi BIGUN,

Leadership FAIL

Did G W Bush attend the funeral(s) of any service member while he was in office?

I do not know. However, I do think it should be part of this type of discussion.

JerryBaumchen

He did.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Hi BIGUN,

Leadership FAIL

JerryBaumchen

He did.

Whose?

My Google-fu (which is hardly perfect) hasn't turned up any. It did, however, turn up this reference (in several links) to a 2006 Stars & Stripes interview in which he acknowledged & explained why, to that date he had not attended any such funerals:

In a July 2006 interview with the military newspaper Stars and Stripes, President Bush explained that since he could not possibly attend the funeral of every fallen U.S. soldier, he felt it was more appropriate to express his appreciation privately to service members' families rather than singling out one soldier (or a few soldiers) to honor with public funereal attendance by the president:
In an exclusive interview, Bush sat down with Stars and Stripes to answer questions solicited from U.S. troops now downrange, including the one asking whether he had ever attended a slain soldier's funeral.

President Bush has met hundreds of families of fallen soldiers, but he has yet to attend a servicemember's funeral, he said.

"Because which funeral do you go to? In my judgment, I think if I go to one I should go to all. How do you honor one person but not another?" he said.

The appropriate way to express his appreciation to the family members of fallen troops is to meet with them in private, he said.

Seems quite reasonable.
For balance sake, here's a rare positive-spin article in 2009 from the uber-conservative Washington Times about touching personal letters of condolences Pres. Obama has written to the families of fallen servicemembers:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/17/obama-pens-real-notes-to-fallen-troops-families/?page=all

Mr. Obama personalizes each letter, asking staffers to gather details about the service member, such as their hometown and where they were stationed, a White House aide said. The letters are sent to parents and spouses, and sometimes children of the fallen troops.

The president writes the notes by hand, then the letters are typed before he adds his signature.

Mr. Obama wrote the first few letters for troops who died in Iraq and Afghanistan while George W. Bush was president, and has written at least a dozen more since taking office.

The president told NBC News that the duty falls to him, though he did not initiate the wars and opposed the invasion of Iraq. In those moments of signing the letters, he said, “you realize every decision you make counts.”

The White House declined to release any of the private letters or the names of families who received them, but The Times spoke with some who shared the contents of their letters.

Cpl. Brennan, 25, was supporting combat operations in Afghanistan’s Farah province when he was killed last month.

Ms. Merz said the president’s letter to her family in honor of her son was “lovely” and added, “It is meaningful to have Julian’s death noted personally by him.”

We all have so much POLICY to debate about. All this ad-hominem mud-slinging makes everyone look disgraceful.

turtlespeed

***Hi BIGUN,

Leadership FAIL

JerryBaumchen

He did.

Fail. Just admit it.
Owned by Remi #?