airdvr

Video reportedly shows beheading of reporter Steven Sotloff by ISIS

Next step then:

0 - confirmation or proof? once that's in hand....

1 - U.N. what are we doing about it?
2 - U.S. what are we doing about it?
3 - other governmental orgs and nations, what are we doing about it?

lots of other stories about this group and their extreme and animalistic actions - how do we confirm?

I'm very interested to see who comes forth and tries to rationalize these type of acts. on these forums or otherwise.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think I just asked for this to be hidden, and I sure didn't mean to. If so, please ignore, mods

The only upside to this is that it makes al Qaeda less likely to do the same thing. That's a damn poor upside :(

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

airdvr

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/02/video-reportedly-shows-beheading-reporter-steven-sotloff-by-isis/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

DEVELOPING: An Internet video purports to show the beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State extremist group.

[:/]

I am thinking the town of Raqqa in Syria is about to be a very dangerous place to be for any living thing.

I have found that, anecdotally, not going to shitholes has a 100% effectiveness rate in preventing losing one's head in a shithole.

The more we fuck around in places that are not our problem, the more blowback we're going to have to deal with. Shitty foreign policy makes us all targets.
cavete terrae.

grue

I have found that, anecdotally, not going to shitholes has a 100% effectiveness rate in preventing losing one's head in a shithole.

The more we fuck around in places that are not our problem, the more blowback we're going to have to deal with. Shitty foreign policy makes us all targets.

Chuck

We need to just wipe them off from the planet.

Fuck these guys, why don't we do what our fore-fathers did to north american indians. Or Spanish did to south american indians?

Wipe them off. Whole generation of them. Claim it our land and pump oil out of our new ground.

What are other countries going to do? World War 3 against USA?

I'm talking about genocide. Get rid of them all.

Let's not make any orphans. Get rid of them all, even the little ones.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I understand the emotional responses these videos are intended to evoke. What is the strategy?

I think they want to goad us into another ground war.
I think they know we don't have the stones for another long engagement.
I think they know these videos are good for recruiting.

I read an article yesterday. ISIS is extremely well funded They pay their charges well, better than the regular armies. They have hijacked something like 8 oil wells and 2 refineries and are selling the oil on the black market. We need to cut off their funding wherever possible. Perfect job for a predator with a hellfire or a cruise missile. If they're in Syria fuck 'em. We roast them where ever their paychecks are coming from. Pretty soon it stops looking like a wise career choice.

But here's the rub; we have no eyes. We have to get some people in there to tell us what's happening and where things are.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Or they are running scared from airstrikes and are hoping that cutting off more heads will dissuade us from continuing to attack them.

Could easily be either one.

airdvr

I understand the emotional responses these videos are intended to evoke. What is the strategy?

I think they want to goad us into another ground war.
I think they know we don't have the stones for another long engagement.
I think they know these videos are good for recruiting.

I read an article yesterday. ISIS is extremely well funded They pay their charges well, better than the regular armies. They have hijacked something like 8 oil wells and 2 refineries and are selling the oil on the black market. We need to cut off their funding wherever possible. Perfect job for a predator with a hellfire or a cruise missile. If they're in Syria fuck 'em. We roast them where ever their paychecks are coming from. Pretty soon it stops looking like a wise career choice.

But here's the rub; we have no eyes. We have to get some people in there to tell us what's happening and where things are.

Or they are running scared from airstrikes and are hoping that cutting off more heads will dissuade us from continuing to attack them.

I don't think so. They know we won't stand for too much of that behavior.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

masterrig

***I have found that, anecdotally, not going to shitholes has a 100% effectiveness rate in preventing losing one's head in a shithole.

+2

Chuck

who knows what they are thinking, its all propaganda and a big game of violent poker.

Whether its a big bluff or they want the West to invade heads are going to roll and people will die regardless.

Its all probably very fatalistic on their end anyway, these people aren't 'rational actors' in any sense of the word - they want to die in battle. If they got their hands on nukes they would blow themselves and the world up just to send us to 'hell' and them to their 100 virgins.

Fuck em, I laugh in the face of their threats. They're pathetic creatures who don't deserve the title 'human being'.

airdvr

I don't think so. They know we won't stand for too much of that behavior.

brenthutch

******I have found that, anecdotally, not going to shitholes has a 100% effectiveness rate in preventing losing one's head in a shithole.

+2

Do none of you understand that these guys are journalists, not agents of any government or policy? Or that the profession of being a war correspondent has existed for hundreds of years?

The dangers of being a war correspondent

The level of ignorance on display daily is bad enough. Consider how much worse it would be if journalists were not our witnesses to history.

------------

(ETA: fixed the link in my post.)

..... World War 3 against USA? .....

....................................................................................

What?
Didn't you read the memo?
We have already been fighting the "War Against Terror" since 2001 ......... maybe since long before, depending how you count ..... It is a world war because all major nations have experienced violent acts of war on their soil.
Sadly, few people recognize the "War on Terror" as a world war because they are not trained to recognize it. Few people recognize "as symmetric wars."
Sadly, entire generations of NATO and Warsaw Pact troops were brain-washed to fight an older model of war that requires tanks and artillery and atomic bombs.
It is a good thing that Al-Queda can rarely afford artillery.
We are locked in an assumetric war that pits semi-trained Taliban levees against missile-firing drones.

riggerrob

..... World War 3 against USA? .....

....................................................................................

What?
Didn't you read the memo?
We have already been fighting the "War Against Terror" since 2001 ......... maybe since long before, depending how you count ..... It is a world war because all major nations have experienced violent acts of war on their soil.
Sadly, few people recognize the "War on Terror" as a world war because they are not trained to recognize it. Few people recognize "as symmetric wars."
Sadly, entire generations of NATO and Warsaw Pact troops were brain-washed to fight an older model of war that requires tanks and artillery and atomic bombs.
It is a good thing that Al-Queda can rarely afford artillery.
We are locked in an assumetric war that pits semi-trained Taliban levees against missile-firing drones.

Can we send Phil???

or is he talking about sending someone elses kids...
http://www.inquisitr.com/1449604/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-discusses-isis-convert-them-or-kill-them-video/

I like the idea of our fundies going to fight their fundies...

Phil May be better read than the average jihadist, but sadly his logic is not much deeper.
The saddest thing is American media spinning Phil's interview to make him look even shallower.

Note, large percentages of jihadis are illiterate. What little education they get is mostly about reciting verses from the Koran. Sadly, their education lacks "big picture" concepts about the life and times of the Prophet Mohammed.

Andy9o8

Do none of you understand that these guys are journalists, not agents of any government or policy? Or that the profession of being a war correspondent has existed for hundreds of years?

The dangers of being a war correspondent

The level of ignorance on display daily is bad enough. Consider how much worse it would be if journalists were not our witnesses to history.

------------

(ETA: fixed the link in my post.)

Anyone remember Jim Hooper? He was a well known American sport parachutist and ran Z-hills back in the 70s and early 80s. Hoop gave up jumping to become a war correspondent because the NSA would not hire him, IIRC. Anyway talk to him about the job. I think he has retired now. He carries AK-47 and shrapnel scares from his non-OSHA related work. He is on dropzone.com.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

If you listen to the entire interview Phil Robertson comes across as better read, better educated and more analytical than the interviewer.
While Phil's opinions may be to the political right of mine, I can respect his views because he has researched and analysised the situation before publically expressing his opinion.

For example, Phil understands that much third world violence is mere civil war. Phil believes that the US Army is wise to withdraw from meddling in civil wars.
Phil also understands that Iraq has "lost generations" of poorly-educated, emotionally shattered, former conscripts discarded after the Iran-Iraq war, 2 Gulf Wars and a decade of civil war. Phil is smart enough to equate these damaged veterans to "gangs and steroids."

I mean wipe them out.

If we go there and really slaughter every single human being including children in that region, who is going to really come after USA? Use those nukes. Those nukes are just sitting around not doing shit besides being over weight book ends.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Andy9o8

Phil Robertson comes across as better read, better educated and more analytical than the interviewer.

Yeah. You know said interviewer is Sean Hannity, right?

http://www.buildyourmarriage.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Mediocrity-Setting-the-Bar-Low.jpg

During that interview Sean came across first as a spin doctor and secondly as a staunch conservative.
Sadly Sean demonstrated few research or analytical skills.

ISIS is nothing but a bunch of goddamn worthless little radical muslim turds who care about nothing but themselves and their fucked up brand of muslim ideology.

As Obama has said, the US will not be intimidated by such. They must be eradicated. All Arab and Muslim nations must be involved on the ground against these motherfuckers. If we need to provide air strikes, then so be it.

Personally, in response to these beheading videos by ISIS, I would fucking laugh if somebody got a live pig and a Koran, branded "ISIS" on the pig with a red-hot brander, cut the pig's head off with a knife, finger-write "ISIS" in pig blood on the cover of the Koran, jam the koran up the pig's ass, pour gasoline on the pig, and light it up, all on video and uploaded the video to whatever shit-stain website they use. Fuck 'em. :|

Edited to add: Of course, treating a Koran in this matter would be offensive to all Muslims.

In that case, we'll just have to use flip-flops instead of a Koran, whack the pig's body all over with them, then jam them up the ass.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban