Zep

Ukraine an Nato

I'm not a betting person, but if I was I'd bet that the Ukraine's
hopes of joining Nato is scuppered by the very countries
that preach freedom and democracy for all.

Seem's to me that the Ukraine going to parliament to
out from being a non block country to ask for membership to Nato
is a real cry for help.

Gone fishing

Can you offer us any examples of countries being admitted to NATO when they are already at war? Membership in NATO is supposed to be a deterrent to would-be aggressors, as they would have to take into consideration that an attack on one member would be an attack on all of them. Membership after you are already at war, solely to force other countries to back you up, is not how it works.

As it is, unfortunately for the Ukraine the rest of the world is free to apply a cost-benefit analysis to the situation. What is the cost of committing supplies, intelligence, or troops to the Ukraine, and what is the risk, and what is the risk involved in allowing Russia to essentially annex much of the country? I think Europe should take the lead, as Europe is most at risk from Russian expansionism, but on the other hand Europe has allowed itself to become dependent on Russian energy supplies. I see little reason to suspect that Russia poses a direct threat to North America, and so little benefit (but lots of risk) to the US providing more than equipment and information.

Don

As far as i know the Ukraine isn't at war with anyone, it has a civil problem
on it's Russian borders.

So in your opinion NATO should only allow to join/protect countries that are a direct threat to the US

Nice.

Gone fishing

So in your opinion NATO should only allow to join/protect countries that are a direct threat to the US

Nice.

I didn't say that, or anything close to that. I can't imagine why you would say such a thing unless you have some sort of a pre-conceived agenda or a serious problem comprehending written English.

As far as i know the Ukraine isn't at war with anyone, it has a civil problem on it's Russian borders.

If you are convinced that Russia is not a major (or the major) instigator of the conflict in the Ukraine I don't know what planet you're living on.

Even if we were to accept your premise that the Ukraine is having a "civil problem" that just happens to be on it's Russian borders by some strange coincidence, it remains to be demonstrated what would be the advantage to NATO of admitting as a member a country undergoing a civil war. How would that country be able to meet it's obligations as a member to contribute forces to the collective defense of all NATO members?

Don

Zep

As far as i know the Ukraine isn't at war with anyone, it has a civil problem on it's Russian borders.

Normally, when one country sends troops and arms into another country and is shooting at that country's army, we call that "war".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Normally, when one country sends troops and arms into another country and is shooting at that country's army, we call that "war".

or at least a UN peacekeeping action. Or a liberation. At the very least we'll call it conflict.

ryoder

No it's called an act of aggression. War has to be/should be declared.

Gone fishing

Zep

And how many declared wars have we had since WWII?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No, you said that. ( I see little reason to suspect that Russia poses a direct threat to North America, and so little benefit (but lots of risk)
to the US providing more than equipment and information.)
My interpretation of your statement is that North America or Nato shouldn't get involved as it is of no benefit to your country.
You think Putin is going to stop with the Ukraine if no one stands up to him, it's what he's aiming for.
He has said time and time again that he wants to rebuild the federation.

(If you are convinced that Russia is not a major (or the major) instigator of the conflict in the Ukraine I don't know what planet you're living on.)

Of course Russia is the instigator, they want one of the biggest bread baskets of Europe.
Putin is also betting that no other alliance will stand up to him giving him a free hand to do as he will.

(Even if we were to accept your premise that the Ukraine is having a "civil problem" that just happens to be on it's Russian borders by some strange coincidence, it remains to be demonstrated what would be the advantage to NATO of admitting as a member a country undergoing a civil war. How would that country be able to meet it's obligations as a member to contribute forces to the collective defense of all NATO members? )

Nato isn't only about only meeting requirements, it's about standing up to bully's. If it was only about requirements then the
country I live in would of been kicked out years ago.

Gone fishing

Zep

The only country in the world not to condemn fascism - USA. What else to say?
You need to run in the United States about three hundred of separating nuclear warheads. Let stupid nigger Obama realizes that this is not Rosiiya miserable states .

Sincerely, Nicholas.

Nelyubin

In Ukraine, there are units of private military companies in the USA. It is these buggers went to war in Ukraine. I think - you need uebat in the USA a couple of hundreds of missiles with multiple warheads. And oborzeli buggers.
Sincerely, Nicholas.

Keep sucking down that State owned news channel narrative that Moscow has created. I would love to hear your thoughts on all of the Russian soldiers dying in 'training' exercises along the Ukraine border or the ones that are dying without any explanation to their families.

melch

***In Ukraine, there are units of private military companies in the USA. It is these buggers went to war in Ukraine. I think - you need uebat in the USA a couple of hundreds of missiles with multiple warheads. And oborzeli buggers.
Sincerely, Nicholas.

Keep sucking down that State owned news channel narrative that Moscow has created. I would love to hear your thoughts on all of the Russian soldiers dying in 'training' exercises along the Ukraine border or the ones that are dying without any explanation to their families.
This guy was recently permanently banned from the largest(and only) russian speaking skydiving forum, so thats why he is here:)

REDAKTOR

This guy was recently permanently banned from the largest(and only) russian speaking skydiving forum, so thats why he is here:)

Just my .02 -- Do not ban him from SC or the site (unless he breaks forum rules, of course. And even then, I'd allow for language translation quirks.) For me, this is a "look behind the veil", so to speak. For him, also, IMO.

Anyone here ever read "Stranger in a Strange Land". The word "grok" comes to mind. Can loosly be applied to understanding Middle Eastern and other "non-Western" cultures.

Andy9o8

do we have forum rules on war crimes?

Yes, if you use the site to commit a war crime, you could be banned from SC for up to a month.

Would that include personal attacks, or just mass attacks?
Is the public, that isn't even aware of this forum, if hurt, considered casualties of war crimes?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Yes, if you use the site to commit a war crime, you could be banned from SC for up to a month.

Is the public, that isn't even aware of this forum, if hurt, considered casualties of war crimes?

Look, do you have genocide planned? If not, stop worrying, you're probably safe from banning.
For that, at least.

Andy9o8

Look, do you have genocide planned? If not, stop worrying, you're probably safe from banning.
For that, at least.

Just a typical lib, fearmongering about the weather changes, and when death is at his door, aloof as can be.:ph34r::P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun