piisfish

9yr old girl and Uzi

RonD1120

A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

How much experience and competence do you expect in a 9 year old?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

Not much, the burden of experience and competence rests with the instructor, now deceased.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

***A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

None. Which is why an instructor is there. Who should have thought that perhaps a full auto will lead to the weapon getting aay from her.

The bitch now is the trauma of a little girl. A dubious idea. Poorly executed.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

******A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

None. Which is why an instructor is there. Who should have thought that perhaps a full auto will lead to the weapon getting aay from her.

All she needed was a dad and grandpa to teach her firearms safety and this would have never happened.

Or so I have read here many times before.

Kids and guns just aren't a great combination.

SkyDekker

*********A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

All she needed was a dad and grandpa to teach her firearms safety and this would have never happened.

Yet it does happen and is a great combination.. millions of times a year. There are families who participate in youth shoting programs and competition. Keeping children ignorant and overlaying your own fear of guns on them by trying the BAD GUN NEVER TOUCH seems to end up with too much curiosity and add in the ignorance they have been kept in an it is an explosive combination.

That said though... handing an Uzi to a 9 year old boy or girl ready to rock and roll is a serious breach of sanity.

Keeping children ignorant and overlaying your own fear of guns on them by trying the BAD GUN NEVER TOUCH seems to end up with too much curiosity and add in the ignorance they have been kept in an it is an explosive combination.

I don't let my 8 and 10 year olds drink, because it can do them harm. Not because I am afraid of alcohol.

This isn't the first time, it won't be the last.

This type of shit gives ammunition to the anti-gun folks.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-died-firing-uzi-urged-son/story?id=12565132

and shit like this, giving powerful firearm to unsuspected person that doesn't know shit about firearm.

It is all fun and games until someone gets shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmtOEI7sAAs
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Amazon

Yet it does happen and is a great combination.. millions of times a year. There are families who participate in youth shoting programs and competition. Keeping children ignorant and overlaying your own fear of guns on them by trying the BAD GUN NEVER TOUCH seems to end up with too much curiosity and add in the ignorance they have been kept in an it is an explosive combination.

That said though... handing an Uzi to a 9 year old boy or girl ready to rock and roll is a serious breach of sanity.

Kids and guns can be just fine. I helped supervise a youth shooting class this summer. Part of my local "Park & Recreation Department" summer activities. 8 to 10 YO kids, using bolt action .22 rifles (the ones used by the Hunter Safety classes).
We taught the safety rules, how the rifles work, more safety, basic marksmanship, more safety, shooting positions, more safety. And then more safety. All the kids had fun. None got hurt.

Parents were welcome (not required) to stay and watch the class. One mom was not a big fan of guns. But her husband wanted their son to get some proper training. She was very impressed with how the class was taught and how heavily safety was stressed.

But Amazon is right. Giving a 9 YO a full auto Uzi is idiotic.
Kind of like letting them learn to drive. Having them putt around the yard in a golf cart or on a garden tractor is one thing. Giving them the keys to a Corvette would be stupid.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Kids and guns can be just fine. I helped supervise a youth shooting class this summer. Part of my local "Park & Recreation Department" summer activities. 8 to 10 YO kids, using bolt action .22 rifles (the ones used by the Hunter Safety classes).
We taught the safety rules, how the rifles work, more safety, basic marksmanship, more safety, shooting positions, more safety. And then more safety. All the kids had fun. None got hurt.

Parents were welcome (not required) to stay and watch the class. One mom was not a big fan of guns. But her husband wanted their son to get some proper training. She was very impressed with how the class was taught and how heavily safety was stressed.

But Amazon is right. Giving a 9 YO a full auto Uzi is idiotic.
Kind of like letting them learn to drive. Having them putt around the yard in a golf cart or on a garden tractor is one thing. Giving them the keys to a Corvette would be stupid.

Lots of stupid people in this world.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Amazon

this...

a good friend of mine is very anti-gun. Yet she has asked me to teach her 2 kids (13 and 16) about firearms so they won't be curious and ignorant. So I'll be getting a friend of mine who is a certified instructor to help me out.

I don't care if they will ultimately like shooting and guns, or be like their mom. My goal next weekend is to educate.
--
Rob

RonD1120

******A case of inexperience and incompetence, much the same as trying to swoop a pond when you don't know how.

Not much, the burden of experience and competence rests with the instructor, now deceased.

Usually, the under twelve crowd prefers shooting younger siblings or neighbors kids.

SkyDekker

Keeping children ignorant and overlaying your own fear of guns on them by trying the BAD GUN NEVER TOUCH seems to end up with too much curiosity and add in the ignorance they have been kept in an it is an explosive combination.

I don't let my 8 and 10 year olds drink, because it can do them harm. Not because I am afraid of alcohol.

I don't think a rapid fire beer would have done much harm to the Darwin winner...

The sick thing is that this isn't even the first time that exactly this has happened.

there was a case about 6 or 7 years ago where an 8 year old boy was firing an uzi at some gun show, lost control and blew his own head off.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/#.U_4lymOVvnw

Just like we don't give crossbraced canopies to newbies, don't give giant guns to toddlers...

If I'm being nice about it it's inappropriate at best. If I'm being me, it's fucking moronic.

yoink

The sick thing is that this isn't even the first time that exactly this has happened.

there was a case about 6 or 7 years ago where an 8 year old boy was firing an uzi at some gun show, lost control and blew his own head off.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/#.U_4lymOVvnw

Just like we don't give crossbraced canopies to newbies, don't give giant guns to toddlers...

If I'm being nice about it it's inappropriate at best. If I'm being me, it's fucking moronic.

I would agree with the "fucking moronic"

what the hell are these people thinking
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Amazon

I don't think a rapid fire beer would have done much harm to the Darwin winner...

Thank you for completely avoiding the actual issue.

Keep handing those firearms to kids.....or at least keep pretending it could never happen to anybody you know....

Rick

***The sick thing is that this isn't even the first time that exactly this has happened.

I would agree with the "fucking moronic"

what the hell are these people thinking

Except "you" do give cross bared canopies to newbies. At least a couple of people get killed each year because they are on canopies too advanced for their abilities.