Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

This whole post is just about perfect. The only thing I know to do is to try to treat people as individuals, and to try to speak of them as individuals (ie not saying things like "they all xxx"). Because we first notice about others what's most different from us, not what's most important.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

This whole post is just about perfect. The only thing I know to do is to try to treat people as individuals, and to try to speak of them as individuals (ie not saying things like "they all xxx"). Because we first notice about others what's most different from us, not what's most important.

Wendy P.

True but unfortunately the government is unable to have this relationship with citizens.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Bolas

***If brown was a 6,2 300lb white guy doing the same thing he would have been shot the same way.

+1

This is not a racial issue. It's a socioeconomic, lack of education, lack of respect for others, no responsibility, no accountability issue.

Making this racial disrespects and insults all African Americans.

Mostly right. I thought Brown was on his way to school he just skipped some classed to partake in a little strong arm robbery before classes. The socioeconomic,well he was going to be a thief before retiring to the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Phil1111

******If brown was a 6,2 300lb white guy doing the same thing he would have been shot the same way.

+1

This is not a racial issue. It's a socioeconomic, lack of education, lack of respect for others, no responsibility, no accountability issue.

Making this racial disrespects and insults all African Americans.

Mostly right. I thought Brown was on his way to school he just skipped some classed to partake in a little strong arm robbery before classes. The socioeconomic,well he was going to be a thief before retiring to the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Another reason for Al Sharpton to go home and STFU. He tried to characterize Brown's strong-arm robbery of the convenience store as a simple case of shoplifting. :S

The dumb shit physically manhandled the store clerk pushing him around and using his size to bully him. Sharpton has got to be almost fucking blind by now. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

rushmc

***Then what is the point?

Because if you are just comparing reactions to an incident and are basing conclusions on that...well that is just pure stupidity.

Marc goes on about "race baiters" and "race industry" and other soundbite like terms, but never explains any of it.

It is about money and power dude
Tell me, how does Sharpton and Jackson make their money?
What qualifies them to be consultants to the democrat power shructure?
What good have they done for any person?

I have no love for Sharpton and Jackson at all.

Howvere, your assertions seems to be that the only reason this is happening is because of Sharpton and Jackson. That assertion I don't agree with.

To me Jackson anbd Sharpton are a sideshow making money off the main problems. The fact they are involved however, does not mean the main problems do not exist.

Editted to add: Mirage's post is right on the money!

Anvilbrother

I wasn't comparing anything other than a numerical fact. He stated that cops were in the lead for shootings. Obviously civilians have shot way more people this year than cops have shot people, you care to disagree?

they are clearly in the lead.

Still a STUPID and MEANINGLESS comparison. There are 278 times as many civilians as cops.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The problem here is this specific incident is a justifiable shooting by a cop and thug.

Using a false example of community bias to try and have the discussion is doomed from the start.

They need the discussion, but wouldn't it be better to start off with actual real examples instead of trying to manufacture it from a failed example?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wmw999

This whole post is just about perfect. The only thing I know to do is to try to treat people as individuals, and to try to speak of them as individuals (ie not saying things like "they all xxx").

:D it's really that simple - if we choose to do it

(it's the refusal to do it that's so prevalent)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yea and if your job requires you to carry a gun, and deal with bad people your going to have a higher chance of shooting someone that's fucking obvious:S. I'm not the one making any stand he was I just pointed out he was wrong but yet you still keep replying to me. Go away.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

SkyDekker

******Then what is the point?

Because if you are just comparing reactions to an incident and are basing conclusions on that...well that is just pure stupidity.

Marc goes on about "race baiters" and "race industry" and other soundbite like terms, but never explains any of it.

Howvere, your assertions seems to be that the only reason this is happening is because of Sharpton and Jackson. That assertion I don't agree with.

To me Jackson anbd Sharpton are a sideshow making money off the main problems. The fact they are involved however, does not mean the main problems do not exist.

Add the media to those two yahoos
and the President and you got you main causes
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********Then what is the point?

Sorry Rush.

I simply do not agree with you that the racial tensions through the US are the result of Sharpton, Jackson, the media and the president.

Sharpton and Jackson exist because there are racial issues.

Your conspiracy theory regarding the media simply doesn't make any sense.

On Obama. well you could find any reason to hate Obama. He could walk on water and you would blame him for taking away ship building jobs.

normiss

Damn that's funny coming from someone who hasn't even started reading the FACTS.
:D:D:D

I'm still trying to figure out how you say he didn't know about the robbery ...

from the washington post summary linked in post 985 by ryoder

When the narrative begins, Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson is sent to another call. He hears two radio dispatches describing a person who stole cigarillos from a nearby market, a black male wearing a red hat, khaki shorts and yellow socks and accompanied by another male.

This summary was derived from the evidence presented to the grand jury. He absolutely knew, according to this, that there had been a robbery, and had a rough description of the perps...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

SkyDekker

************Then what is the point?

Sorry Rush.

I simply do not agree with you that the racial tensions through the US are the result of Sharpton, Jackson, the media and the president.

Sharpton and Jackson exist because there are racial issues.

Your conspiracy theory regarding the media simply doesn't make any sense.

On Obama. well you could find any reason to hate Obama. He could walk on water and you would blame him for taking away ship building jobs.

Again
I do not hate
I leave the emotional bull shit to liberals

And if you can show me how he has helped race relations with any comment he has made since being president, I am all ears

As for a conspriacy and the media? Not coming from me as they are what they are

but it is hard to discount their disapointment for the the Tryvon Miller case as well as this story with the "gental giant".

Next
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

skypuppy

***Damn that's funny coming from someone who hasn't even started reading the FACTS.
:D:D:D

I'm still trying to figure out how you say he didn't know about the robbery ...

Just another anti-cop liberal. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In the documents provided to the media, I have read that in his initial interview statements and other officer's statements.
He said he got that call as they walked past his vehicle and THAT is when he realized the kids he stopped to harass for walking in the street were possible suspects due to the red hat and the cigarillos.

normiss

In the documents provided to the media, I have read that in his initial interview statements and other officer's statements.
He said he got that call as they walked past his vehicle and THAT is when he realized the kids he stopped to harass for walking in the street were possible suspects due to the red hat and the cigarillos.

exactly. so he was justified to warn them about jay-walking. and how can you say he wasn't aware that these kids had possibly robbed the store when he was with them?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

harass for walking in the street

Your bias and prejudice is showing.

IMO, walking in the middle of the street is a step up from jay walking. That is a reasonable cause to tell them to get on the sidewalk. Don't forget DW was responding to a dispatch. He may have been driving fast.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

skypuppy

***In the documents provided to the media, I have read that in his initial interview statements and other officer's statements.

exactly. so he was justified to warn them about jay-walking. and how can you say he wasn't aware that these kids had possibly robbed the store when he was with them?

And when they responded to his request to get off the street with a profanity and kept on walking, is what started the whole confrontation.

Mouth off to a cop like that, guarandamnteed the cop is going to do something about it.

But geez... if I had strong-arm-robbed a store, I'm not going to be sauntering down the middle of a goddamn street acting like nothing happened and with the stolen goods in hand. Brown was an idiot, and his actions led to his demise.

Fuck him. And Darren Wilson has a clean conscience. The grand jury has spoken. Fucking live with it. :S

BillyVance

******In the documents provided to the media, I have read that in his initial interview statements and other officer's statements.

And when they responded to his request to get off the street with a profanity and kept on walking, is what started the whole confrontation.

Mouth off to a cop like that, guarandamnteed the cop is going to do something about it.

Walking While Black is a most serious offense.

unless you dress and walk like a white person

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Andy9o8

*********In the documents provided to the media, I have read that in his initial interview statements and other officer's statements.

You have to be a bot...who programs your responses?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne