Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

Anvilbrother

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Why do black people riot like this? All it does it hurt other people. Businesses who provide services FOR them, and whos taxes SUPPORT them in general>

Too many poor people are in a bad financial situation because they lack the training to earn a decent living and don't have a family background which lets them believe they can overcome that. Some make a rational choice to commit crimes.

For historical reasons a disproportionate fraction of those people are black.

Anvilbrother

Why are you linking garbage links? Care to explain why the people rioting do what they do? A good reason

Bottom line... a society that does not provide an equal chance at pulling oneself up by non existant bootstraps... lack of education and leaving them the only means to get all the stuff they see advertised daily that the haves have by...... CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR. You may try to say they should work for it... well la dee da.... how many millions of jobs have been shipped over seas by those you support.
This is not limited to blacks as you tried to imply.. by the thread title with the usual code words " Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's" and are now trying to back peddle away from..

Im not back peddling from shit here have a look at this guy while I go to bed. There are hundreds of others doing the same thing every time something bad happens where they can start a riot they all get the feeling that if they all go out and commit crimes they cant catch us all, then they get a sense of immunity.

ell me this is not the norm because it is, and at one point its not racist, its not stereotyping, its the god damn truth!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Why do black people riot like this?

Because riots require a concentrated population, like an inner city. Guess what race inner city people disproportionately are.

Kind of hard to get a good riot going in the suburbs or countryside.

- Dan G

DrewEckhardt

***http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Why do black people riot like this? All it does it hurt other people. Businesses who provide services FOR them, and whos taxes SUPPORT them in general>

Too many poor people are in a bad financial situation because they lack the training to earn a decent living and don't have a family background which lets them believe they can overcome that. Some make a rational choice to commit crimes.

Rather a pity that Eugenics was given such a bad name in the '30s.

winsor

******http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Rather a pity that Eugenics was given such a bad name in the '30s.

The 1940s were far more efficient as more effective means of removing undesirable populations were used all over the world.

DanG

Kind of hard to get a good riot going in the suburbs or countryside.

tried it twice, the results sucked

the first time we ended up building a barn for an old couple
the other one violently broke out into a picnic and volleyball game

yet people seem to glamorize highly concentrated urban areas, maybe that's the real problem

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

normiss

Maybe the media needs more of this and less of this

I think it would also go a long way were the local authorities to deescalate the military approach to citizens pissed off about their military approach.

Too many of our police only have the military approach in their toolbox.
It is what some of them were taught at a very early age as a way to deal with "evildoing colored peoples far far away". They have brought all those problems home with them and its been socialized to their fellow officers.
Welcome to the New America

DrewEckhardt

***http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

So the past 50 years of Great Society has not worked? Gee. 30 years ago they were saying the same thing.

They are uneducated because that's what policy is. Keep them uneducated. Limit their opportunities. Put them on the dole.

I don't think that racism has ended. It has merely changed its dominant face. It used to be that the hardcore bigots went out lynchin'. Now we find bigotry in government policies designed to keep the races separate and stratified. Keep them poor. Keep them uneducated. Give them money. Let them kill each other. But keep them sequestered in an urban area where they can be penned in.

Go back 20 years and ask what is better. And what is worse.

Look at the pictures coming from Ferguson, MO. It's a fucking war zone. Look at the cops - dressed up like soldiers. Cops in BDUs, kevlars, pro-masks strapped to their legs. Carrying rifles. With armored vehicles. A police state.

It's a good thing that guy the cops shot wasn't armed. Otherwise someone could have gotten killed...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can tell you have never worked in law enforcement in the ghetto where this type of citizen mentality exists.......I have, when you are one of 2 units in an area of about 25,000 people where about 1 in 10 street lights work, and 90% of the crime originates from you have to take on a different attitude, or you will get your ass beat to death or shot.

I have been on a domestic call where only 2 people were actually involved, but by the time backup got there I was standing on my hood yelling at about 30 people to go home if you don't live at this apartment. I was surrounded and they were all yelling at me about how this person was innocent, no this person did that.

Its their mentality that once they get enough of them grouped up they cant all be arrested then they go rogue.

The second time I responded to a possible aggravated battery I had another deputy with me. When we got there the girl was beat up bad, and said the male suspect was inside, but she thinks he went out the back window. We called for EMS, and the other officer started helping her. I went and did a 360 and there was no way he could have gotten out due to burglar bars, so i went back to the front door and as soon as I got back he was surrounded by about 10 people near riot over the situation, threatening to attack US if we did not do something! One guy got so bad getting in our face we had to cuff him and put him in the car to chill out. He was not charged, and we told all of them that he was not being charged, it was for our safety and his, and to go home we will take care of this.

We had a GREAT reputation in this area also, we had watched kids a bus stops because they had been bullied, we returned lost dogs, brought kids home in the rain, helped elderly, and handicap people. This reaction was not from a poor respect for the police, its just their way of life, yelling at each other is the norm, and violence induced by the amateur "rap game" and drugs in the area.

If you have not been in these situations you have no idea about the mentality you have to take. The biggest reason state troopers are selected from, and trained like military people are that they are WAY spaced out from backup and in the middle of no where usually, and they have to present what is known as a command presence. The aura that you best not fuck with me attitude, and its for their own safety.

Barney fife does not need this in country town usa.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I can tell you have never worked in law enforcement in the ghetto where this type of citizen mentality exists.......I have, when you are one of 2 units in an area of about 25,000 people where about 1 in 10 street lights work, and 90% of the crime originates from you have to take on a different attitude, or you will get your ass beat to death or shot.

I have been on a domestic call where only 2 people were actually involved, but by the time backup got there I was standing on my hood yelling at about 30 people to go home if you don't live at this apartment. I was surrounded and they were all yelling at me about how this person was innocent, no this person did that.

Its their mentality that once they get enough of them grouped up they cant all be arrested then they go rogue.

The second time I responded to a possible aggravated battery I had another deputy with me. When we got there the girl was beat up bad, and said the male suspect was inside, but she thinks he went out the back window. We called for EMS, and the other officer started helping her. I went and did a 360 and there was no way he could have gotten out due to burglar bars, so i went back to the front door and as soon as I got back he was surrounded by about 10 people near riot over the situation, threatening to attack US if we did not do something! One guy got so bad getting in our face we had to cuff him and put him in the car to chill out. He was not charged, and we told all of them that he was not being charged, it was for our safety and his, and to go home we will take care of this.

We had a GREAT reputation in this area also, we had watched kids a bus stops because they had been bullied, we returned lost dogs, brought kids home in the rain, helped elderly, and handicap people. This reaction was not from a poor respect for the police, its just their way of life, yelling at each other is the norm, and violence induced by the amateur "rap game" and drugs in the area.

If you have not been in these situations you have no idea about the mentality you have to take. The biggest reason state troopers are selected from, and trained like military people are that they are WAY spaced out from backup and in the middle of no where usually, and they have to present what is known as a command presence. The aura that you best not fuck with me attitude, and its for their own safety.

Barney fife does not need this in country town usa.

Thank you the great illustration of THEM are out to get US.

Until there is a shift in the attitude.. it will continue to get far worse on THAT side of the thin blue line.

It is THEM(EVERYONE) vs US when your a police officer trying to return home from work alive. Thanks for supporting your ignorance of how that job works.

This discussion has centered around a certain race and my story was centered around that also because I was always assigned so sector 7 usually.

I'm an equal opportunity suspicionist (made up word) when it comes to everyone I was on duty. That old lady is trying to kill me with her car while driving, that guy that's been watching me from that chair on the front porch of that house while I sit here and do a report, could shoot me at any second. That passenger that wont make eye contact with me on a traffic stop, needs to show me his hands while im on this dead end street.

Its all about keeping your guard up at all times, watching peoples hands, keeping your safe personal distance space from someone, expecting the unexpected. Its a mindset about safety and going home its not about abusing power to get over on someone.

The people that think the police mentality of THEM vs US is about putting people in jail, killing or hurting people are WRONG.

The officers that go out on duty and refuse to wear their vests, sit at at restaurants with their back to the entrance door, sit in dimly lit non traveled areas while writing reports, allow persons on calls to turn their backs to them, put their hands in their pockets, not park their car to protect them from shots fired, not blocking traffic on a wreck to prevent being run over. These are the ones that make up dead officers, or future officers. Its about safety and going home, look at LOD lists and you will find the officer did not have that THEM vs US mentality and paid for his life with it.

normiss

wow.

Thanks for explaining the military mentality.
Sounds like it has become all out war.
That's disappointing.

+1

And as long as we can have officers willing to kill EVERYONE because they felt threatened or feared for their lives... from an unarmed teen.. It will continue to spiral downward.

:(

normiss

wow.

Thanks for explaining the military mentality.
Sounds like it has become all out war.
That's disappointing.

Well, what Bigun is describing is far, far more a survival mentality than a military mentality.

Staying alert, taking the precautions he describes, having a "it could happen at anytime, coming from anywhere" mindset; all that is a basic survival attitude.

I know cops that have that mindset. One in particular is a very nice, respectful, decent guy.
He's also a hell of a good cop. Shift supervisor, former training officer, all that.
Despite his survival attitude, he is huge on treating all people he comes into contact with decently and respectfully. He doesn't take insults or bad attitudes from the public personally ("They are saying those things to the badge and the uniform, not to me personally"), he says that "a lot of the people we arrest are having a really bad day. I don't need to make it any worse than necessary."

Unfortunately, there are a lot of cops that take that survival attitude (anyone I encounter might be a threat) too far (everyone I encounter is a threat).
And they also have serious authority issues. "Contempt of cop" is not a capital crime, despite what they want.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo