Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

SkyDekker

******************Untrue and inaccurate.
"No bill"

If not taken to trial he can not be found guilty

period

Now you are getting it.

which in this country, under our justice system means inocence, UNLESS PROVEN GUILTY

We have a whole lot of "innocent" folks in jails, then, don't we?
So you are saying they were not proven guilty?

There are a lot of people in jail who haven't even been to trial. Some may never even go to trial.

You are not talking about crimnals here and you know it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***************Untrue and inaccurate.
"No bill"

period

Now you are getting it.

which in this country, under our justice system means inocence, UNLESS PROVEN GUILTY

No. Actually I was saying "We have a whole lot of "innocent" folks in jails, then, don't we?".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Under the rule of law is different from real life. If I were to (for example) shoplift, but not get caught, would I still have shoplifted? Would it still be a crime? How about if there's video?

Michael Brown was also innocent under those rules of law.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Under the rule of law is different from real life. If I were to (for example) shoplift, but not get caught, would I still have shoplifted? Would it still be a crime? How about if there's video?

Michael Brown was also innocent under those rules of law.

Wendy P.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still make noise?

As for M Brown
His death comes from his own actions
Decisions have consquenses
Abraham Lincoln

As for M Brown

Actually, Michael Brown's death comes from the police officer's action. Brown's actions might have precipitated them, but they came from Wilson's decisions based on Brown's actions.
And Wilson's decisions have consequences as well, including the consequence of being second-guessed and analyzed. Especially since he's in an official capacity, and specifically held to the standards of his department (which include public scrutiny).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

As for M Brown

Actually, Michael Brown's death comes from the police officer's action. Brown's actions might have precipitated them, but they came from Warren's decisions based on Brown's actions.
And Warren's decisions have consequences as well, including the consequence of being second-guessed and analyzed. Especially since he's in an official capacity, and specifically held to the standards of his department (which include public scrutiny).

Wendy P.

No
Mr Brown is the one responcible for is current condition
Actions have consequnses
He robbed a store and attacked a police officer
For those choices, he died
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********************Untrue and inaccurate.
"No bill"

period

Now you are getting it.

There are a lot of people in jail who haven't even been to trial. Some may never even go to trial.

You are not talking about crimnals here and you know it

Some might be criminals, some might be found not-guilty.

rushmc

No
Actions have consequnses

According to what court? If the grand jury / DA deciding not to bring charges against Wilson means that he was innocent, then what does it mean that no grand jury ever convened over accusations of shoplifting and assault against Brown?

The problem here is you're jumping back and forth between "the truth of what happened" which is often an elusive thing, and everyone's going to have their own version with details filled in by their imagination and "court proceedings" which are clear cut in terms of what they determine and what they do NOT determine.

And get out of here with this "liberals and the seriousness of the charge" thing... are you really going to pretend that "indicted on the front page and acquitted on page six" isn't just a crappy thing humans do?

rushmc

*********Untrue and inaccurate.
"No bill"

period

Now you are getting it.

Which means you cannot object to the statement that the officer shot and killed an unarmed, innocent man.

(And no, I don't believe Brown was innocent)

champu

***No
Actions have consequnses

According to what court? If the grand jury / DA deciding not to bring charges against Wilson means that he was innocent, then what does it mean that no grand jury ever convened over accusations of shoplifting and assault against Brown?

The problem here is you're jumping back and forth between "the truth of what happened" which is often an elusive thing, and everyone's going to have their own version with details filled in by their imagination and "court proceedings" which are clear cut in terms of what they determine and what they do NOT determine.

And get out of here with this "liberals and the seriousness of the charge" thing... are you really going to pretend that "indicted on the front page and acquitted on page six" isn't just a crappy thing humans do?

According to the grand jury
who matched the pysical evidense with testimony
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

IMO, cops shootings need to NOT be investigated by local authorities.
We must see outside, non-biased investigations into shootings.

I agree with this. I believe some cities have panels which include some citizens from the community that investigate police shootings
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

rushmc

***According to what court? If the grand jury / DA deciding not to bring charges against Wilson means that he was innocent, then what does it mean that no grand jury ever convened over accusations of shoplifting and assault against Brown?

According to the grand jury
who matched the pysical evidense with testimony

The grand jury that convened over potential charges against Wilson delivered absolutely no conclusions, statements, nor remarks that could be considered findings of guilt, non-guilt, nor innocence of Brown.

It can not be stated in less uncertain terms. The grand jury did not convene for that purpose and thus it is fundamentally impossible for them to have achieved that purpose.

Rick

***IMO, cops shootings need to NOT be investigated by local authorities.

I agree with this. I believe some cities have panels which include some citizens from the community that investigate police shootings

I believe Alabama has protocols in place for an outside agency to investigate police shootings/beatings, especially if there are discrepancies between both sides.

The Alabama Bureau of Investigations (ABI) AND the FBI are investigating two connected incidents involving Madison County deputies beating the hell out of a man a few weeks after one of them got up in his face in a bar thinking he'd been looking at his girlfriend and he popped the off-duty deputy in the face. It's a big scandal up there now. Some heads are going to roll in the end.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

kallend

***IMO, cops shootings need to NOT be investigated by local authorities.

Absolutely.

As soon as one of those panels doesn't find to your liking then you'll cry unfair or not good enough.

We have a system of laws. The playbook was followed and the system worked. I heard somewhere there is a fund set up for Wilson's expected defense fund for the civil suit that will follow. I think I'll donate.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The playbook needs adjusted.

A cop should not be permitted to wash away evidence nor secure evidence into the case when he is the person being investigated. By his co-workers. Defended by friends of the force. Massaged presentation to the courts for charges.

I'll be in the middle of the street for tomorrow's rocket launch.
I sure hope Ofc. Wilson doesn't roll by.
Oh wait. I'm not black. I wouldn't get hassled.

SkyDekker

************Untrue and inaccurate.
"No bill"

period

Now you are getting it.

Which means you cannot object to the statement that the officer shot and killed an unarmed, innocent man.

(And no, I don't believe Brown was innocent)

In self defense
Therefore the cop committed no crime as the shooting was justifiable
but you like to omit little details dont you
Abraham Lincoln