Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

normiss

I sincerely hope your childish insulting contributions make you feel better.

I sincerely hope you are much more respectful to cops in person than you are talking about them online.

:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But geez... if I had strong-arm-robbed a store, I'm not going to be sauntering down the middle of a goddamn street acting like nothing happened and with the stolen goods in hand. Brown was an idiot, and his actions led to his demise.

In his defence Billy, he had marijuana in his system from what I hear. So he was probably high. If he hadn't been he might not have sauntered proudly down the middle of the street after robbing a store. But I guess we'll never know for sure...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

wmw999

Walking While Black is a most serious offense.

unless you dress and walk like a white person

Wendy P.

You have disappointed me Wendy[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It is the grand jury’s function not ‘to enquire … upon what foundation [the charge may be] denied,’ or otherwise to try the suspect’s defenses, but only to examine ‘upon what foundation [the charge] is made’ by the prosecutor. Respublica v. Shaffer, 1 Dall. 236 (O. T. Phila. 1788); see also F. Wharton, Criminal Pleading and Practice § 360, pp. 248-249 (8th ed. 1880). As a consequence, neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented.; Justice Antonin Scalia, in United States v. Williams, 1992

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

He was accused of robbing a store.
That's different.

Again, until you walk this in their shoes, we will repeat this.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84369135/

I'm sorry but being born in the hood doesn't give you carte blanche to become a criminal and then blame it on white privelidge when it doesn't go your way.

Iago

Walking While Black is a most serious offense.

unless you dress and walk like a white person

Wendy P.

Heh.

Let me tell you what happened one time.

I was doing a job in Greenwich, CT (I believe that's right) and it was a pretty high security site. Someone had to type in all my passwords, no remote access, etc. I'm working with my contact in a training room that was attached to the IT area. This is not located in an area where there would be patient care, so no visitors wandering around. We had the door to IT propped open with a trashcan (training room was open) because we were going back and forth and I didn't have a badge.

Some guy walks through the training room with a nice shirt, tie, slacks. Gives us a quick nod and walks through the door into the IT cubes.

About 90 seconds later I'm standing next to the door going out from IT when the screams for 'security' start. Long story short, this guy had tried to snatch some ladies wallet from the purse sitting on the chair inside her cube and got caught.

So, after the mini-melee by the door and getting chased through the hospital, he gets nabbed by security. Turns out he had about a dozen felony warrants outstanding.

Nobody gave this guy a second look because he looked like he belonged. If he'd been walking around with a hat cocked off to the side and his pants around his ass he'd have been questioned.

So, to sum up, I'd say this is working to our advantage. The thugs, gangsters, crooks, etc. haven't figured out the concept of 'blending in' so we have a pretty good idea of who should be where and who should not.

And that goes for any skin color. If you're in TN and you look like a homeless meth head, pretty good chance you are one and don't belong in certain places.

I had a similar experience.

A significant other in days of yore worked at a Sensitive Defense facility, where I would often meet her after work.

One day I showed up in a gleaming new black flagship-class Mercedes Benz, wearing Brooks Brothers finest, and got waved through the gate.

A couple of days later I showed up on a Harley, wearing black leather from head to toe, and got stopped until someone would vouch for me personally.

I pointed out to the guard that the kind of people they REALLY had to worry about could afford a Maybach and Versace, and would use it for camouflage as a matter of course.

I assumed at the time that no malefactor of note would be stupid enough to be so obvious. I have since become impressed with the inexorable power of stupidity, so I am not as convinced.

At any rate, if one is wearing size 46 shoes, has a big red ball nose and a painted face, it is not a pejorative to refer to them as a 'clown.'

Similarly, when people go to great lengths to achieve a stereotype, it is hardly unfair to base one's expectations on that effort. This goes for a Marine in Dress Blues as much as it does an Uptown Thug.

BSBD,

Winsor

regulator

***He was accused of robbing a store.
That's different.

Again, until you walk this in their shoes, we will repeat this.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84369135/

I'm sorry but being born in the hood doesn't give you carte blanche to become a criminal and then blame it on white privilege when it doesn't go your way.

I tend to agree with you, but it largely depends on who you ask.

This article does a nice job of summing up the case.

BTW, a charging Cape Buffalo could be considered 'unarmed,' but dispatching it with whatever means is available is both well advised and entirely justified.

A belligerent 300# miscreant could also warrant treatment suitable to 'charismatic megafauna,' as seems to be the case here.

Personal responsibility has apparently given way to uber civil rights and income for civil rights attorneys. Don't forget they earn their living blaming it on someone else. If they are really good at it they become politicians and create more laws to enhance their profession.

Bottom line, we've gone past the tipping point. Hang on to what you've got. God, Guts, Guns and Ammo!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Personal responsibility has apparently given way to uber civil rights and income for civil rights attorneys. Don't forget they earn their living blaming it on someone else. If they are really good at it they become politicians and create more laws to enhance their profession.

And if they're really, really good, they become Internet gods and achieve immortality.

Man does his job, is found to have done his job legally by 12 people. Still has to fucking quit his job and gets ran out of town by death threats. City does not back the guy, and states they have cut all ties from the officer. Fucking BULL SHIT!!!!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Man does his job, is found to have done his job legally by 12 people. Still has to fucking quit his job and gets ran out of town by death threats. City does not back the guy, and states they have cut all ties from the officer. Fucking BULL SHIT!!!!

The political correct race pimp world the left has pushed us to world. Hope they are proud[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

Man... ...is found to have done his job legally by 12 people.

Not exactly... that should read...

"Man is found by 12 people not to have had enough evidence presented against him by the DA as to warrant a trial to determine if he had done his job illegally"

Anvilbrother

All they needed was a smudge a fucking tiny tiny tiny smudge of doubt and they could have indited him. They did not. To me that means it was legal, spin it however you wish.

Well, first the prosecutor would have needed to have a desire to indict him and present evidence accordingly. Agreeing or disagreeing with the outcome aside, from what I've read the proceedings were unorthodox for a grand jury.

Well, first the prosecutor would have needed to have a desire to indict him and present evidence accordingly.

How can you say he did not do so?
He presented EVERYTHING he knew about the case and every witness he could find. He even presented things not normally shown, and it was wildly commented in the media about it being unorthodox.

I can tell you the prosecutor wanted to do everything in his power to get the monkey off his back, and lay out everything he could to 12 other people to get a fair shake on this thing. He did not care one way or the other he knew how important it was for people to look back and say he did not hide anything.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

champu

***Man... ...is found to have done his job legally by 12 people.

Not exactly... that should read...

"Man is found by 12 people not to have had enough evidence presented against him by the DA as to warrant a trial to determine if he had done his job illegally"

Interesting
A majority of those who testified before th GJ were black

Now, it appears one who testified in favor of the cop may have been murdered by the thugs who rioted after the GJ info came out

So, you think he is guitly regardless of the fact presented?
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

Well, first the prosecutor would have needed to have a desire to indict him and present evidence accordingly.

How can you say he did not do so?
He presented EVERYTHING he knew about the case and every witness he could find. He even presented things not normally shown, and it was wildly commented in the media about it being unorthodox.

I can tell you the prosecutor wanted to do everything in his power to get the monkey off his back, and lay out everything he could to 12 other people to get a fair shake on this thing. He did not care one way or the other he knew how important it was for people to look back and say he did not hide anything.

It is the spin the race pimps are putting on this to keep it alive[:/]
Abraham Lincoln