Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Why do black people riot like this? All it does it hurt other people. Businesses who provide services FOR them, and whos taxes SUPPORT them in general>

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Why do black people riot like this? All it does it hurt other people. Businesses who provide services FOR them, and whos taxes SUPPORT them in general>

You could always listen to those who are not doing it.

Amazon

***http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

They live in the 'burbs and write letters to the editor when they feel disenfranchised.

Deal with it.

winsor

******http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

They live in the 'burbs and write letters to the editor when they feel disenfranchised.

Deal with it.

I am not the one who has a problem with THOSE people...

Deal with it

Amazon

*********http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Deal with it.

Deal with it

You don't have a problem with the people destroying private property and stealing? That is who we are talking about here. Good to know.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

************http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/12/why-the-police-shooting-riots-in-ferguson-mo-had-little-to-do-with-ferguson/

Deal with it.

Deal with it

You don't have a problem with the people destroying private property and stealing? That is who we are talking about here. Good to know.

Did you feel that rush of air ???

When I saw the title I wondered how many posts it would take for someone to take the usual swipe at Scary, Angry Negroes.

Why do black people riot like this?

One.

-----

In reply, I hereby take the usual swipe at knuckle-dragging rednecks. Whoever that might be.

personally I'm more interested in the actual shooting itself. The lack of any meaningful statements from the PD thus far is bothering. I can't take at face value the statement from the deceased's companion, but there was a second person that gave a similar statement.

>personally I'm more interested in the actual shooting itself. The lack of any
>meaningful statements from the PD thus far is bothering.

Agreed. I heard one interview where the chief of police said (in effect) "well, since I am interested in this investigation being as impartial, fair and just as possible, I'm not going to say anything substantive." I have a feeling they are getting ready for a very ugly legal battle.

Amazon

Yes, it was the sound of the purpose of this whole thread going over your head.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Anvilbrother

Probably the same reason white cops shoot unarmed black people.

Anvilbrother

Why do black people riot like this?

Why do white people burn crosses and hang people?

Once you realize you're only talking about a small subset of a much larger group, you can leave the racism behind.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

jgoose71

Yes, it was the sound of the purpose of this whole thread going over your head.

You are so funny when you try so hard:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

quade

Once you realize you're only talking about a small subset of a much larger group, you can leave the racism behind.

this ^

and it applies to SO MANY other topics it's just plain silly people still say such excessively over-generalized and unproductive crap

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Its not racist if its true. How many of these were african american riots?

1980: Miami Riot 1980 - following the acquittal of four Miami-Dade Police officers in the death of Arthur McDuffie. McDuffie, an African-American, died from injuries sustained at the hands of four white officers trying to arrest him after a high-speed chase.
1991: Crown Heights Riot - May - between African Americans and the area's large Hasidic Jewish community, over the accidental killing of a Guyanese immigrant child by an Orthodox Jewish motorist. In its wake, several Jews were seriously injured; one Orthodox Jewish man, Yankel Rosenbaum, was killed; and a non-Jewish man, allegedly mistaken by rioters for a Jew, was killed by a group of African-American men.
1991: Overtown, Miami - In the heavily Black section against Cuban Americans, like earlier riots there in 1982 and 1984.
1992: 1992 Los Angeles riots - April 29 to May 5 - a series of riots, lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County, California in 1992, following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding the assault of Rodney King.
1992: Harlem, Manhattan in New York City - July - involved Blacks and Puerto Ricans against the New York Police Department, around the time of the 1992 Democratic National Convention being held there.
1995: St. Petersburg, Florida riot of 1996, caused by protests against racial profiling and police brutality.
2001: 2001 Cincinnati Riots - April - in the African-American section of Over-the-Rhine.
2005: Toledo, Ohio - Neo-Nazis and white supremacists marched in North Park, a mostly African-American section of town.
2009: Oakland CA, Oscar Grant Murder Riots.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I grew up in Ferguson, MO. The police are assholes, nothing less. Doesn't matter what color your skin is to them. They have equal disdain for all races. Fuck the Ferguson police. They'll get what they deserve.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

1992: 1992 Los Angeles riots - April 29 to May 5 - a series of riots, lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County, California in 1992, following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding the assault of Rodney King.

Sorry but damn near everyone got in on that one... I was sitting at a restaurant on restaurant row on La Cienega Blvd about 3 blocks south of Beverly Center watching people carrying stuff past they were looting a few blocks north of there on Santa Monica. There was a distinct lack of black folk that I was observing... although there was a healthy contingent of Hispanics and whites.

The two hasidim youth carrying a VCR under each arm walking past headed south was a WTF moment.

Whats your point....Mine was that the majority of riots are by black people, and it only hurts other innocent peoples shit. You pick out one and try to talk it down. Remember the looting during katrina of flat screens and beer?

Anvilbrother

Whats your point....Mine was that the majority of riots are by black people, and it only hurts other innocent peoples shit. You pick out one and try to talk it down. Remember the looting during katrina of flat screens and beer?

Just personal observation.. I guess there is no place for that in this kind of thread.... carry on.

> Remember the looting during katrina of flat screens and beer?

I do. And I remember that, on a single day during the Katrina flood, two news reports showed two pictures - a black man carrying goods from a store, and a white couple carrying goods from a store. One carried the caption describing the action as "looting" and the other described the action as "finding."

Can you guess which caption went under which picture?

We have a habit in this country of assuming that most looting is done by black people, and that conversely if you see a black guy carrying beer during a disaster he probably stole it. Obviously our media has the same perception, which then becomes self-perpetuating.

"See? Here's a picture of a black man looting! That proves my point; it's just a fact that the majority of looters are black. Not like this white couple who just found food in a vacant store. I mean, come on, it's a disaster."

Anvilbrother

Listing a number of riots stemming from events that are black focused is really not the same thing as proving that the majority of riots are by black people.

The other word for this: cherry picking. Or selection bias.

I think you would probably be more successful with the notion that the majority of riots are by poor people, but even that would fail apart just looking in the Bay Area history. And I recall GOP protests in Florida in Nov 2000 by young Republicans that fits the definition pretty well.

Actually no i goggled riots since_______ and got the results, thats why i posted them here for you to decide.

Before all of you start calling me a member of the kkk around here just like when anyone expresses an opinion that is against A. Obama, B.Blacks, C.California , you should know my wife is not white.