kallend

Economic growth

fueler

Lol....what a load of horseshit.

Thanks for the insightful, detailed critique. I suppose you did your best, we should be thankful for that. :S

Don

GeorgiaDon

***Lol....what a load of horseshit.

Thanks for the insightful, detailed critique. I suppose you did your best, we should be thankful for that. :S

DonWhat is amusing is when, when liberals say that the Dem party in the past isn't the same as the part of today, or recent past . . . then you see them equating all the Dem views of the past because it fits their illusion of the moment.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Lol....what a load of horseshit.

DonWhat is amusing is when, when liberals say that the Dem party in the past isn't the same as the part of today, or recent past . . . then you see them equating all the Dem views of the past because it fits their illusion of the moment.Doesn't that just imply that Republican administrations suck for the economy regardless of who they are compared to?

Don

GeorgiaDon

*********Lol....what a load of horseshit.

DonWhat is amusing is when, when liberals say that the Dem party in the past isn't the same as the part of today, or recent past . . . then you see them equating all the Dem views of the past because it fits their illusion of the moment.Doesn't that just imply that Republican administrations suck for the economy regardless of who they are compared to?

Don

No. Not at all.

What that implied was that the spin is subjective to what time period you want to subscribe to.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

************Lol....what a load of horseshit.

Don

No. Not at all.

What that implied was that the spin is subjective to what time period you want to subscribe to.The study covered the last 16 presidential terms (64 years). The trend is highly significant over that whole time period.

What time period do you care to subscribe to? 4,000-2,000 BC? Whigs vs Torries? If you have to go back to the 1800s to find a period where your guys did better, that says a lot about the policies of the Republican party.

Don

GeorgiaDon

***************Lol....what a load of horseshit.

Don

No. Not at all.

What that implied was that the spin is subjective to what time period you want to subscribe to.The study covered the last 16 presidential terms (64 years). The trend is highly significant over that whole time period.

What time period do you care to subscribe to? 4,000-2,000 BC? Whigs vs Torries? If you have to go back to the 1800s to find a period where your guys did better, that says a lot about the policies of the Republican party.

Don

My guys?

GeorgiaDon

That's the usual plan on civil rights.

kallend

This has already been debunked as a load of Horse shit many times over. This article provides no correlation. All it says is "A democrat was in office, the economy grew."

Especially since 1900, to see why our economy has grown or collapsed you have to look at what is going on in the world and how the other countries have been able to compete against us in the global arena.

During the 50's 60's and 70's when we were the only real industrialized nations we could tax our businesses 90% and our economy would still grow.

Now that we are competing against industrialized 3rd world countries and unwilling to make the changes we need to keep growing, the only real economic growth we have seen in the last 20 years involved bubbles.

If you want to believe this article, go ahead. Just shows how out of touch you are with how the economy works.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

This has already been debunked as a load of Horse shit many times over. This article provides no correlation. All it says is "A democrat was in office, the economy grew."

A lack of correlation doesn't make the observation horseshit. Inconvenient for one party, sure.

During the 50's 60's and 70's when we were the only real industrialized nations we could tax our businesses 90% and our economy would still grow.

So which party was in the White House for 7 years of the 50s? I'm pretty sure Ike was a Republican. And which party had 7 years of the 70s? That would be Dick and Harry. In the 60s, the Democrats had 7 years. Adding up, that's 17 years for the Republicans and 13 years for the Democrats. So how does this excuse explain away the differential?

There are legitimate arguments to try to make, but this isn't one of them.

During the 50's 60's and 70's when we were the only real industrialized nation...

What's in that pipe you're smoking?

Don

billvon

Two excuses already; keep em coming!

Since the changes any party makes to improve an economy happen more like a glacier than a landslide I'd say dems inherited the good work of republicans; present administration excepted.

You know, I don't put it past a party intentionally disturbing the economy to win back control. Don't forget it was W who was waving the red flag and Barney Frank who told us things were fine.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

GeorgiaDon

During the 50's 60's and 70's when we were the only real industrialized nation...

What's in that pipe you're smoking?

Don

Simple fact of the matter, the U.S. built up it's industrial complex during WW II while the rest of the world was bombed to shit. It set the stage for the next 30 years.

Democrats just can't seem to wrap their minds around this. They make all kinds of excuses about how high taxes "fix" everything. Political parties actually had very little to do with the matter.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

kelpdiver

A lack of correlation doesn't make the observation horseshit. Inconvenient for one party, sure.

Ya, it kind of does. Without correlation or facts to back up the article it places it squarely in the unsubstantiated opinion column.

The data is in! We've studied the last 44 years and found that over 64% of the time, when I am awake, the sun is up! Ergo, I make the sun rise.

The sad fact is the Republican/Democratic party gets paid to fuck us all over, and we allow ourselves to be distracted by their silly "there's a big difference between us!" game

Especially since 1900, to see why our economy has grown or collapsed you have to look at what is going on in the world and how the other countries have been able to compete against us in the global arena.

Now that we are competing against industrialized 3rd world countries and unwilling to make the changes we need to keep growing, the only real economic growth we have seen in the last 20 years involved bubbles.

If you want to believe this article, go ahead. Just shows how out of touch you are with how the economy works.

Which means that when a Republican claims that with his policies enacted the economy will do better, he is completely out of touch with how the economy works......right?

billvon

>This has already been debunked as a load of Horse shit many times over. This
>article provides no correlation. All it says is "A democrat was in office, the economy
>grew."

You didn't read the article, did you.

Yes I did. The article is crap, the source article is crap, and they conveniently left out the democratically controlled 30's. What of it?

Are you going to now tell me how dividing the country is a good thing and quote "Rules for Radicals" as your source?

cgriff

The data is in! We've studied the last 44 years and found that over 64% of the time, when I am awake, the sun is up! Ergo, I make the sun rise.

The sad fact is the Republican/Democratic party gets paid to fuck us all over, and we allow ourselves to be distracted by their silly "there's a big difference between us!" game

This ^^

Reagan fucked us with NAFTA and Obama is fucking us now with the highest taxes on record and more regulations than necessary.

An example of good government policy would be Clinton raising taxes during the .Com bubble and then after the market was saturated and the economy started to fall, Bush lowering them again.

A good government follows business, not the other way around.

>Yes I did. he article is crap, the source article is crap

So the whole thing is crap. Interesting. Some article highlights:

"Constitutionally, the American president just doesn’t have that much control over the economy." - so you believe that's crap, and the president DOES have a lot of control over the economy.

"But the partisan difference there was small and not necessarily in Democrats’ favor, with some Republican policies stabilizing the economy more." - so you believe that's crap, and that Democratic policies stabilize the government more.

"These “luck” factors account for only about half the 1.8 percentage point observed gap" - so you believe that's crap. It's not just luck.

"The remaining explanation, Blinder and Watson write unequivocally, is a mystery." - so you believe that's crap, and it isn't a mystery as to why the economy does better under democratic presidents.

Interesting. Didn't realize you thought so little of Republican fiscal policies, or that the president had so much control over the economy.