maadmax

How can anyone say "God doesn't exist" ?

You're an interesting character I'll give you that

aarco

When people die I geat real dude,, when I call it like it is North Com has the slip ,, I work for Command Group, No one in this country out ranks me ,,,no one,,, ask Gen Brown, how many stars are on Aaron McGee Comps actual Class A Uniform,, Ask him how Maxy Died in Hawaii, and why others just like umbrella hidden Chuck Blue are sellin themselves as modern day Hydra, Fuck you you little nazi worshipin peace of shit, burn you and your web page, after you get done kicking my ass off your no reserve pullen bullshit murder attitude maker,, moderate your ass as my first draft pick,, and then get court martialed for aiding and structuring a high treason crime, murder, and wartime warcrimes,,

Move jocky, I got nothin but downloaded movies to watch on my broken ipad,,showme what a badass haker you are, while i call an MP or two and cry to them why you kicked me off dropzone.com for callin a gofer a gofer and a death star a taliban can openner.

jakee

******Take a look around you. Maths and PHD's (in real subjects) provide you with far more than prayer or imaginating ever has.

They create material things. Christ shows me where to find them and how and when to use them.

Jesus tells you when to use the internet? Did he tell you to write what you just said?

Spooky!

It is a spiritual relationship. I listen with spiritual ears. For example, when you respond to me I seek the Lord's guidance as to whether I should reply and/or what to say. Sometimes He tells me to just shine you on. Today He instructed me to share Oswald Chambers message for 14 August.

"Chastening
Despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him. — Hebrews 12:5

It is very easy to quench the Spirit; we do it by despising the chastening of the Lord, by fainting when we are rebuked by Him. If we have only a shallow experience of sanctification, we mistake the shadow for the reality, and when the Spirit of God begins to check, we say – oh, that must be the devil.

Never quench the Spirit, and do not despise Him when He says to you – "Don’t be blind on this point any more; you are not where you thought you were. Up to the present I have not been able to reveal it to you, but I reveal it now." When the Lord chastens you like that, let Him have His way. Let Him relate you rightly to God.

"Nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him." We get into sulks with God and say – "Oh, well, I can’t help it; I did pray and things did not turn out right, and I am going to give it all up." Think what would happen if we talked like this in any other domain of life!

Am I prepared to let God grip me by His power and do a work in me that is worthy of Himself? Sanctification is not my idea of what I want God to do for me; sanctification is God’s idea of what He wants to do for me, and He has to get me into the attitude of mind and spirit where at any cost I will let Him sanctify me wholly."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

And he tells you how, when and why to do everything? Can't you use your tiny mind to figure some stuff out for yourself?

It is amazing, I have been living in fellowship with God for many years and His Word always keeps me healthy, happy, and on track. At times when I have went my own way, I have found myself in some real messes. His Word always restores me , provides healing along with a way back to where I should be in my life.

maadmax

***And he tells you how, when and why to do everything? Can't you use your tiny mind to figure some stuff out for yourself?

It is amazing, I have been living in fellowship with God for many years and His Word always keeps me healthy, happy, and on track. At times when I have went my own way, I have found myself in some real messes. His Word always restores me , provides healing along with a way back to where I should be in my life.

Some of us can stay healthy, happy and on track without the help of imaginary friends.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

The voices in my head do the exact same thing.
I haven't given them a name yet though.
I fully understand that's how my brain works though, it's not actually any "voice in my head", it's just me thinking.

The voice I hear comes from reading His Word, and it never ceases to amaze me how passages I didn't even think were related will come together and teach me the most novel concepts, at the most opportune times.

maadmax

The voice I hear comes from reading His Word, and it never ceases to amaze me how passages I didn't even think were related will come together and teach me the most novel concepts, at the most opportune times.

Sometimes I see bunnies in clouds too.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

lawrocket

I don't know if there is a God. I don't believe there is but I'm comfortable that I don't know it. Why the hell does either side try to convince anyone of something entirely subjective?

Perhaps the answer is not so perplexing:

For even the most basic theist, they see the organization of nature...perhaps even the beauty. This gives rise to a sense of causality. To deny it may be perceived as an insult to humanity...those who are confident in their faith may even take it a bit more personal.

This idea is only amplified/exemplified when they finally read Romans 1:20 - "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

For the Atheist, perhaps they've had a negative experience with the "fetters of indoctrination" experienced sometime in their youth.

Maybe others have had bad experiences with controlling parents and have objections to any type of authority.

Perhaps others just see the damage that religion has caused in the world and feel that all society's ills could be solved with God's demise.

Given these, I can understand atheistic "evangelism," but imo, to call oneself an atheist, they must've had a negative personal experience with religion that gives rise to their reproach, otherwise they would identify with the likes of Einstein, who said:
"I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

...and finally there are others who may just be pure evil, they claim to be theists or atheists, but only exist to create turmoil.

Core27

Given these, I can understand atheistic "evangelism," but imo, to call oneself an atheist, they must've had a negative personal experience with religion that gives rise to their reproach, otherwise they would identify with the likes of Einstein, who said:
"I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

Or just maybe they just don't buy into this god gibberish.

For me, god is a meaningless concept. It's not defined, it's not coherent and it's not consistent. There's nothing to believe in.

Perhaps the answer is not so perplexing:

For even the most basic theist, they see the organization of nature...perhaps even the beauty. This gives rise to a sense of causality. To deny it may be perceived as an insult to humanity...those who are confident in their faith may even take it a bit more personal.

Theists are completely fine breaking causality if one questions the origin of God.

This idea is only amplified/exemplified when they finally read Romans 1:20 - "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Isaiah 40:28

Romans says I can clearly see Gods work, Isiah says I can never understand God. WTF !?

For the Atheist, perhaps they've had a negative experience with the "fetters of indoctrination" experienced sometime in their youth.

Maybe others have had bad experiences with controlling parents and have objections to any type of authority.

Perhaps others just see the damage that religion has caused in the world and feel that all society's ills could be solved with God's demise.

Maybe it just doesn't make sense to a rationally thinking person.... See causality above.

...and finally there are others who may just be pure evil, they claim to be theists or atheists, but only exist to create turmoil.

So some people are good and some people are bad with or without God.
We agree on this.

JackC1

***Given these, I can understand atheistic "evangelism," but imo, to call oneself an atheist, they must've had a negative personal experience with religion that gives rise to their reproach, otherwise they would identify with the likes of Einstein, who said:

Or just maybe they just don't buy into this god gibberish

But right there, that comment is displaying an element of negative external influence that would affect ones decision...

JackC1

For me, god is a meaningless concept. It's not defined, it's not coherent and it's not consistent. There's nothing to believe in.

If you had only your observations without any external influence with regard to the concept of God, could you really look at the complexity of this world without even considering the possibility of an intelligent entity that may have organized it?

I just moved into a new house...my office is complete chaos, and it has been that way for the past 2 months. I could wait a billion years and I doubt it would resemble anything that could be considered organization unless a conscious, intelligent being intervened.

Romans says I can clearly see Gods work, Isiah says I can never understand God. WTF !?

Scientists observe many things they don't understand, do they just give up?

I'm sure some young ignorant thug may give up...he may say something like, "this science nonsense is wack yo, it don't make no sense...WTF!?"

I just moved into a new house...my office is complete chaos, and it has been that way for the past 2 months. I could wait a billion years and I doubt it would resemble anything that could be considered organization unless a conscious, intelligent being intervened.

You are making a fundamental mistake with the intelligent design argument.
Your office being organized is a defined state that you defined before the office was organized.

Nature does not have predefined ordered state but organizes itself according to laws of physics and evolution without a predetermined outcome. If this was not true, life could not adapt to changing environments. Which it does, our weak spine and knees are proof of either this or of a really poor design.

Intelligent Design requires a pre defined goal, you know to design. This is simply not how nature works. There is no predetermined goal or target for physics to create the planet earth exactly like it is or for evolution to create an animal exactly as it is.

Core27

but imo, to call oneself an atheist, they must've had a negative personal experience with religion that gives rise to their reproach

And you would be wrong. Some people simply do not require the emotional crutch that religion provides.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Core27

If you had only your observations without any external influence with regard to the concept of God, could you really look at the complexity of this world without even considering the possibility of an intelligent entity that may have organized it?

I do not know how the universe came to be. I really don't know, and I'm OK with that. What I can say is that hypotheses which have zero explanatory power should not only be ignored, but actively discouraged.

Scientists observe many things they don't understand, do they just give up?

I'm sure some young ignorant thug may give up...he may say something like, "this science nonsense is wack yo, it don't make no sense...WTF!?"

I think the difference is, if a scientist claims a fact, every other scientist can verify that fact until becomes universal knowledge. Gravity will always pull things towards center mass. No scientist arguing differently will be taken seriously without evidence which is again understood by other scientists. This leads to a universal understanding of gravity. And all of a sudden there is a consensus on the effects of gravity.

Where is the universal interpretation of the bible? The consensus? No matter how much I look for the truth in the bible I will always find something to contradict what I found in the same fucking book. How can this ever lead to any understanding of anything at all?

ibx

Nature does not have predefined ordered state but organizes itself according to laws of physics and evolution without a predetermined outcome.

Intelligent Design requires a pre defined goal, you know to design.

Evolution is not a law. It is a theory.

A study of the Scripture in both the Hebrew and the Christian writings lead to the understanding that God had a pre-defined goal.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Stumpy

***but imo, to call oneself an atheist, they must've had a negative personal experience with religion that gives rise to their reproach

And you would be wrong. Some people simply do not require the emotional crutch that religion provides.

You are absolutely correct. For those people all they have is the material here/now. Unless they change their mind, known as repentance, they are the lost.

Salvation is the only thing you can possibly take with you at death. Some believe salvation does not exist. Some believe salvation does exist. Your odds are 50/50 for a correct choice. Eternity has no end.

RonD1120

Nature does not have predefined ordered state but organizes itself according to laws of physics and evolution without a predetermined outcome.

A study of the Scripture in both the Hebrew and the Christian writings lead to the understanding that God had a pre-defined goal.

Do you know what a scientific theory is?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

ibx

Where is the universal interpretation of the bible? The consensus?

It comes in shared testimonial experience of the Holy Spirit.

Arvoitus

Do you know what a scientific theory is?

I believe it is man's attempt to explain God.