maadmax

How can anyone say "God doesn't exist" ?

You were evidently traumatized by your experiences in Sunday School and are therefore stuck on the notion of God as a super anthropomorphous being full of vindictiveness, cruelty and other human weaknesses. You must try and transcend your prejudices.

Can something come from nothing?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

You were evidently traumatized by your experiences in Sunday School and are therefore stuck on the notion of God as a super anthropomorphous being full of vindictiveness, cruelty and other human weaknesses. You must try and transcend your prejudices.

What does Sunday School have to do with it? You just have to read the OT to see that the Judeo/Christian "God" is a thoroughly nasty vindictive egotistical narcissist who has some kind of personality shift around 2,000 years ago.

I do not believe for one instant that the universe allows such a god to exist.

Define "nothing".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Croc

You must try and transcend your prejudices.

You must try to not attack people on the forums. ;) I WELCOME discussion, but when YOU attempt to make it personal, you lose your argument.

This is not a discussion about my experiences at Sunday school or whatever other nonsense you're attempting to cook up. This is all about whether or not "God" exists as a being at all. If you try to redefine him as some separate mystical mumbo jumbo outside the confines of the book of Genesis, then there is no argument to be made here because for every answer given, you'll just continue to move the goal posts.

Either the Bible is the word of God and everything went down as written OR it's all poppycock. That's pretty much it.

Yes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The universe allows all sorts of evil beings to exist, apparently. Some of them are gods. None deserve worship--on that we are, I think, agreed.

Let's say that nothing is "no substance". The Big Bang would be the origin of substance.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Hmmm. The "Creation Myth" of the Vedas sure sounds a lot like the Big Bang: the expiration (creation) and inhalation (dissolution) of Narayana (personification of that which exists beyond the physical universe).

But I am not an apologist for any religion. As I said earlier, when the Truth is misunderstood it becomes a religion.

Croc

As I said earlier, when the Truth is misunderstood it becomes a religion.

Hmmm, I think I'd rephrase that.

People tend to invent stories to explain the phenomenon they've witnessed and call those stories "truth." Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the clouds. This "truth" becomes religion.

However, it has little to do with facts. There is not a separate "reality" for believers and non-believers of religion or god or whatever. Reality exists separate from individual belief.

This is one of the things that bugs me about people who use phrases such as, "in my reality, so and so exists."

No. That's simply wrong. It has zero to do with their reality. It has to do with their beliefs.

The world is round whether a person chooses to believe it or not.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Maybe we are asking the wrong question. Rather than ask "Does God exist?" maybe we should consider "Can there be Nothing?" For if God exists and God IS then there never was nor could there ever be Nothing. And if God does not exist then everything came from Nothing, which is not possible.

>How do you account for "Idealism" in your construction of reality?

The same way you account for the charge of an electron in Numbers 3:12 in your construction of reality.

Nice to know you embrace the reality of God as well. Since I believe God created the electron and its charge and established the Israeli religious culture.

maadmax

The world is round whether a person chooses to believe it or not.

Yes, and the same is true about God. But I guess in your reality He is a no show.

There is plenty of evidence for the shape of the Earth, and absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any supernatural being... and that includes bogus arguments based on a misunderstanding of physics.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No, I don't there can be Nothing. How do physicists explain this paradox?

Saying God is not real is a cheap way of saying I want to steal,
If God is not real then way, from this world history view point, can you not find dino bones in proximity to most lathrimic runes or what some call dust sights,, the pictures panted from sat time table graphics, tell a story of fear and population hidding art, like they were running from ancient technology and seeing the fault and lie from the image of large animal history path to the future of what they know others would sooner ot later find,, saying that GOD is not real is like saying he or she would not speak english or that what I'm realy saying is I don,t understand how a having always been lifeform could be, and I'm in fear of other then this world life,,
Also in know my own mind and nature history,, program and all, And God says slaving a freeman for no crime carrys a punishment of death even to the king of that land for all sin is the same, as you know you were born so to you know you were made by him. This is knowing ,,,like a mind truth.
God is not stupid just like the people up a little from our time and in the next solar system over have no need for your lies or nuclear weapons,
Believe in living longer then the other bug is not an imortal thought, living forever requires that you have a place, the truth is the way you,ll ever find it , cause in your sin his hatred will find you. Only by humbillness will you ever meat his creation, almost like a starfleet prime directive.

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say....

What?

Putting aside the question of some supernatural being's existance, what you just said there makes no sense in the English language.

aarco

Saying God is not real is a cheap way of saying I want to steal,
If God is not real then way, from this world history view point, can you not find dino bones in proximity to most lathrimic runes or what some call dust sights,, the pictures panted from sat time table graphics, tell a story of fear and population hidding art, like they were running from ancient technology and seeing the fault and lie from the image of large animal history path to the future of what they know others would sooner ot later find,, saying that GOD is not real is like saying he or she would not speak english or that what I'm realy saying is I don,t understand how a having always been lifeform could be, and I'm in fear of other then this world life,,
Also in know my own mind and nature history,, program and all, And God says slaving a freeman for no crime carrys a punishment of death even to the king of that land for all sin is the same, as you know you were born so to you know you were made by him. This is knowing ,,,like a mind truth.
God is not stupid just like the people up a little from our time and in the next solar system over have no need for your lies or nuclear weapons,
Believe in living longer then the other bug is not an imortal thought, living forever requires that you have a place, the truth is the way you,ll ever find it , cause in your sin his hatred will find you. Only by humbillness will you ever meat his creation, almost like a starfleet prime directive.

You don,t know what time of day it is do you?

Let me guess, your a fan of capt picard, rather then admiral Kirk.

Or your also an athiest witch means you don,t understand higher math,
Or you use limited knowledge to attack view points you don,t understand from within comfortable language zones, Or even worse your uncomfortable with a professional skydiver who also teaches the Bible.
Or its the text message style feed back,, you ever watch ancient aliens on the history channel? They talk about the dino delay between the carbon 14 dating at rune sights vs. The carbon 14 biologic deposit structures left at fossil digs,, its not that complex, ,,

So I'm gonna say What?
To your .... what?

Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

The question is not for the vacume,, I mean nothing is either seen or unseen, if 1000 or more people wittnessed nothing vs 1 or 3 or so , that pressure does not change the real law,, hense forth my statement that athiest are just thieves , slavers and space junkers, I mean watch were the come from and were they go, you,ll see my point, but take a weapon with you most I,ve met working in the military are monsters, I would never teach my kids to believe in nothing, nore praise them for lieing,
I think GOD gets tired of doing magic tricks for the Lex Luthers that all out there, specialy when he gets hurt trying to be nice, most people start saying he isn't real or preach the nothingness because he let's them , hate and lies,,,false teachings in a church cause the devils more in that church then the Bible, a guy teaches none belief as a magic killer, you,ll never get off the ground if you don,t believe,, so they win given their postion, a real monster,,a guy asked me how I do what I do at work,, I said I'm a christian and a soldier, I love to fly and I don,t believe GOD and magic are seperate,, he would have to be master of all, if you focus and take time learning something that is good to learn ,,you,ll see how much bigger it is, ,,if all you ever say is,, no its nothing,, I didn,t get that,,or that doesn,t mean anything,,, is realy sad,, cause GOD can speak English if he or she wanted to,, but I sware to you, people,, he was not speaking english when he spoke this Galaxy into place or formed this planet, and nahboring stars,, nothing is a nothing bet,

aarco

You don,t know what time of day it is do you?

Let me guess, your a fan of capt picard, rather then admiral Kirk.

Or your also an athiest witch means you don,t understand higher math,
Or you use limited knowledge to attack view points you don,t understand from within comfortable language zones, Or even worse your uncomfortable with a professional skydiver who also teaches the Bible.
Or its the text message style feed back,, you ever watch ancient aliens on the history channel? They talk about the dino delay between the carbon 14 dating at rune sights vs. The carbon 14 biologic deposit structures left at fossil digs,, its not that complex, ,,

So I'm gonna say What?
To your .... what?

Get back on your meds.

The unicorn happened before the big bang.

Long time ago, galaxy far far away, there were a land of unicorns. This land was governed by white unicorn and black unicorn.

One day there was a clash between white and black unicorn and they fought against one another.

When those two horns crash together they've created biggest explosion no unicorn has seen before. The chain reaction of unicorns exploding created space dust. When enough unicorns were sacrificed and enough space dust were created the earth was born.

That's the origin of big bang. Two unicorns, colliding together.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

Long time ago, galaxy far far away, there were a land of unicorns. This land was governed by white unicorn and black unicorn.

One day there was a clash between white and black unicorn and they fought against one another.

When those two horns crash together they've created biggest explosion no unicorn has seen before. The chain reaction of unicorns exploding created space dust. When enough unicorns were sacrificed and enough space dust were created the earth was born.

Wait a minute! Where do the turtles fit in? If the Earth is balanced on turtles, where did they come from?

Don

stayhigh

Awsome that's a good one ,,but unicorns are smart so let's throw in those mass relays from Mass Effect and see if they have the Ancient Atlantis count down that's depicted in many unicorn stories,, like the night is coming to kill the day,, and the Bible talking about the man riding a white horse,, are you sure its not the evil media trying to get lovers to fight each other,,,like Ares is not Zues' s son kind of long term history false hood..just so a false god could blow his horn if lusifer could get the crowd to listen, or they would use the mass relays to keep the skys silent,,
That sounds madning.