regulator

These poor migrants just want passage into the USA

regulator

Obnoxious yes. True yes.

All conservatives are middle aged white racist redneck males, lacking a number of teeth, braincells, and generally sleeping with their sisters.
(That's equally as true by the way.)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

jclalor

"I will fundamentally transform America." ~BHO, 2008

And six years later, what has fundamentally changed? The anti-Christ that you folks tried so hard to insist was just an inauguration away, never did happen. You still have your guns, your tax cuts, and pretty much every thing else Dubya left you with.

(Perhaps with the exception of the occasional shitty health insurance policy)

And FWiW, your quote is nothing more than an empty campaign promise in which Obama is far from having any monopoly on making.

You are looking at the surface only. IIRC, we have had ACORN voter fraud; Fast and Furious; the Obamacare debacle in Congress and now reality; Quantitative Easing I, II, III; BHO bowing to Muslim power both physically and in foreign policy; the recurring racial tension escalation beginning with a New England college campus guard and the latest Eric Holder's investigation of a parade float; Benghazi; increasing border tension now with opened flood gates; IRS investigation of conservative non-profit organizations; BHO telling Putin that he would have "more flexibility in his second term;" high unemployment; disruption of leadership among high ranking military; repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act; the abandonment of Israel; a disintegration of U.S. foreign policy to name a few. I'm sure I've forgotten some. I'd like to throw in the VA scandal since I am a victim but the VA has been a nightmare for us for a long time. A North Carolina news station last night reported that 3,000 demonstrations against the border crisis were scheduled for this weekend.

We have not had this much civil unrest since LBJ and the Great Society. Those were single focused on the Vietnam War.

All of this anger was engineered and planned by George Soros through his BHO puppet. Top down, bottom up collapse of the American society. America 2016 is not going to be a good place to live any longer.

I may be wrong but almost half of the country is in agreement. BHO, as the figurehead, has successfully divided our nation and ripened it for the taking.

My wife and I are trusting the Lord to guide us through to the end. He put us in what we believe to be a safe place. At least as safe as can be reasonable in time of turmoil.

I lived in California 1980-81 and folks were predicting the deterioration that you are experiencing now. I believe you have lived in chaos for so long it seems normal and no big deal. I say it is going to get worse, much worse.

Have you heard of the North American Union?

If we are going to survive as a nation we have to find common ground and pull together. We have to stop fighting about which side is the better of the two and realize that both the Democrats and Republicans have a destructive agenda.

2 Chronicles 7:14New Living Translation (NLT)

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

As for the campaign slogan, it is obvious that BHO meant it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Amazon

***I believe this border crisis is orchestrated and perpetuated by BHO's administration. We have had one overlapping crisis after another, especially since Benghazi. Each one knocks the last one off the front page news. He is keeping us confused, divided and ignorant. This strategy was predicted prior to 2008 and it is coming to fruition. Top down and bottom up collapse of the American system and way of life. Get ready folks, SHTF is not here yet but it is on its way. Some commentators say we have no leadership. I disagree, we do have leadership. The leadership of destruction.

"I will fundamentally transform America." ~BHO, 2008

Of course you do... its all you hear on all of the news you absorb from all of those like minded people. Ever hear of group think???

You and the others here keep declaring that I am wrong. Please offer some insight and words of encouragement.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I may be wrong but almost half of the country is in agreement. BHO, as the figurehead, has successfully divided our nation and ripened it for the taking.

Oh.. and GOP leadership is lily white in your eyes.... of dividing the country... interesting blinders Ron...

http://blackhistory.com/content/230432/secret-meeting-to-plan-obama-takedown-began-on-inauguration-night

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

The event -- which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured -- serves as the prologue of Robert Draper's much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."
For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.

"If you act like you're the minority, you're going to stay in the minority," Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. "We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."

The conversation got only more specific from there, Draper reports. Kyl suggested going after incoming Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner for failing to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes while at the International Monetary Fund. Gingrich noted that House Ways and Means Chairman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) had a similar tax problem. McCarthy chimed in to declare "there's a web" before arguing that Republicans could put pressure on any Democrat who accepted campaign money from Rangel to give it back.

The dinner lasted nearly four hours. They parted company almost giddily. The Republicans had agreed on a way forward:

Go after Geithner. (And indeed Kyl did, the next day: ‘Would you answer my question rather than dancing around it—please?’)

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama’s economic stimulus plan.)

Begin attacking vulnerable Democrats on the airwaves. (The first National Republican Congressional Committee attack ads would run in less than two months.)

Win the spear point of the House in 2010. Jab Obama relentlessly in 2011. Win the White House and the Senate in 2012.

"You will remember this day," Draper reports Newt Gingrich as saying on the way out. "You’ll remember this as the day the seeds of 2012 were sown."

If personal attacks were allowed on here you'd get one for being an ignorant racist fool with no compassion for people's suffering.

But since they aren't I won't do that, instead I'll tell you that many of us Americans had parents that emigrated here and there's a famous poem you probably don't know about called "The New Collossus". But since you probably didn't pay much attention in your history classes you probably don't recall that.

funjumper101

What a nice group of people there are posting in this thread. Their compassion and empathy sets an great example, and makes clear what wonderful people Americans are. The beautiful display of Christian beliefs by Ron is especially impressive.

It makes be real proud of my fellow citizens. Their generosity and hospitality towards people fleeing horrible living situations in their home countries shows just how great American people are.

Amazing, isn't it?

Nice people here, even the foreigners.
The compassion and empathy from the right wing Conservatives is as impressive as ever.

I got a PM from some asshole from Argentina that apparently is too chickenshit to post their thoughts publicly.

Any asshole that sends me a nastygram via PM will find their words, and a link to their user profile, publicly posted here.

Begin quoted PM from user "SLATER" -

you say you have compassion so how many of those "migrants" is you have in your house now? they need place to live, food to eat. how much of YOUR food and home have you givento them?

Tell me how many are living in your house, eating your food, wearing your clothes, making you sick with their 3rd world diseases?

none?

then stfu shit for brains

<<< End quoted text

Link to user profile -

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=Slater

The humanitarian disaster in Central America can be attributed in large part to the practical application of Conservative policies. ShrubCo got the bright idea to start immediately deporting illegal aliens that were found to be gang members, or gang affiliated. This brilliant idea resulted in the deportation of thousands of people who had learned to start and operate gangs. They did so, back in their home countries. This has caused massive disruption in several Central American countries. One of the side benefits that has happened is that people in these countries have taken to meeting the airplanes that deliver deportees, then tracking down and preemptively killing the deportees, regardless of their actual background. Charming, isn't it?

This is an excellent example of the shallowness of Conservative policy. It is a "feel good, sounds good on paper" policy that has produced massively bad results in the long term. Results that were predicted by the folks that can grasp the bigger picture, and see what the long term results of poorly thought out policies would be. These warnings were ignored. The results speak for themselves.

Now we are dealing with the mass migration of people who have no hope or future in their home countries due to the predictable outcome of US Policy decisions. We caused it, we get to deal with it. Our choices are to be like a third world dictatorship, demonizing these individuals, acting as though they are less human than we are, or to treat them with kindness, compassion and empathy.

There is this notion that the USA is a good place, filled with good people, that many of the posters in this thread make a lie of. That kind of callousness and indifference is disgusting, ESPECIALLY when it comes from those that profess to have "Christian" beliefs.

We broke it, we get to deal with the results.

The people who are fleeing Central America are not demons, evil, or terrible people. They want a better life than is possible in their home countries. They would have been more likely to stay if we, the USA, had not exported our problems to their countries.

I have made financial contributions to a private charity that is working to help these folks.
What have you done that is PRODUCTIVE in helping out on this issue?

jsaxton

If personal attacks were allowed on here you'd get one for being an ignorant racist fool with no compassion for people's suffering.

But since they aren't I won't do that, instead I'll tell you that many of us Americans had parents that emigrated here and there's a famous poem you probably don't know about called "The New Collossus". But since you probably didn't pay much attention in your history classes you probably don't recall that.

what part of....

'A massive crowd of illegals swarmed Border Patrol agents throwing bottles and rocks while flashing gang signs and shouting, demanding to be let in'

Don't you understand?

If you want to help them so bad let them all come to your town.

funjumper101

***What a nice group of people there are posting in this thread. Their compassion and empathy sets an great example, and makes clear what wonderful people Americans are. The beautiful display of Christian beliefs by Ron is especially impressive.

It makes be real proud of my fellow citizens. Their generosity and hospitality towards people fleeing horrible living situations in their home countries shows just how great American people are.

Amazing, isn't it?

Nice people here, even the foreigners.
The compassion and empathy from the right wing Conservatives is as impressive as ever.

I got a PM from some asshole from Argentina that apparently is too chickenshit to post their thoughts publicly.

Any asshole that sends me a nastygram via PM will find their words, and a link to their user profile, publicly posted here.

Begin quoted PM from user "SLATER" -

you say you have compassion so how many of those "migrants" is you have in your house now? they need place to live, food to eat. how much of YOUR food and home have you givento them?

Tell me how many are living in your house, eating your food, wearing your clothes, making you sick with their 3rd world diseases?

none?

then stfu shit for brains

<<< End quoted text

Link to user profile -

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=Slater

The humanitarian disaster in Central America can be attributed in large part to the practical application of Conservative policies. ShrubCo got the bright idea to start immediately deporting illegal aliens that were found to be gang members, or gang affiliated. This brilliant idea resulted in the deportation of thousands of people who had learned to start and operate gangs. They did so, back in their home countries. This has caused massive disruption in several Central American countries. One of the side benefits that has happened is that people in these countries have taken to meeting the airplanes that deliver deportees, then tracking down and preemptively killing the deportees, regardless of their actual background. Charming, isn't it?

This is an excellent example of the shallowness of Conservative policy. It is a "feel good, sounds good on paper" policy that has produced massively bad results in the long term. Results that were predicted by the folks that can grasp the bigger picture, and see what the long term results of poorly thought out policies would be. These warnings were ignored. The results speak for themselves.

Now we are dealing with the mass migration of people who have no hope or future in their home countries due to the predictable outcome of US Policy decisions. We caused it, we get to deal with it. Our choices are to be like a third world dictatorship, demonizing these individuals, acting as though they are less human than we are, or to treat them with kindness, compassion and empathy.

There is this notion that the USA is a good place, filled with good people, that many of the posters in this thread make a lie of. That kind of callousness and indifference is disgusting, ESPECIALLY when it comes from those that profess to have "Christian" beliefs.

The people who are fleeing Central America are not demons, evil, or terrible people. They want a better life than is possible in their home countries. They would have been more likely to stay if we, the USA, had not exported our problems to their countries.

I have made financial contributions to a private charity that is working to help these folks.
What have you done that is PRODUCTIVE in helping out on this issue?

Talk to yourself much? Perhaps because nobody wants to read your boring diatribe? .. Yeah pretty much.

There is a process for screening people wanting asylum similar to the process that was used at Ellis Island. It's called the immigration court. Unfortunately the courts are very understaffed so this is going to take a while to unwind. The immigration courts already have a backlog of around 200,000 cases.

Amazon

Oh.. and GOP leadership is lily white in your eyes.... of dividing the country... interesting blinders Ron...

http://blackhistory.com/content/230432/secret-meeting-to-plan-obama-takedown-began-on-inauguration-night

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

The event -- which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured -- serves as the prologue of Robert Draper's much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."
For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.

"If you act like you're the minority, you're going to stay in the minority," Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. "We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."

The conversation got only more specific from there, Draper reports. Kyl suggested going after incoming Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner for failing to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes while at the International Monetary Fund. Gingrich noted that House Ways and Means Chairman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) had a similar tax problem. McCarthy chimed in to declare "there's a web" before arguing that Republicans could put pressure on any Democrat who accepted campaign money from Rangel to give it back.

The dinner lasted nearly four hours. They parted company almost giddily. The Republicans had agreed on a way forward:

Go after Geithner. (And indeed Kyl did, the next day: ‘Would you answer my question rather than dancing around it—please?’)

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama’s economic stimulus plan.)

Begin attacking vulnerable Democrats on the airwaves. (The first National Republican Congressional Committee attack ads would run in less than two months.)

Win the spear point of the House in 2010. Jab Obama relentlessly in 2011. Win the White House and the Senate in 2012.

"You will remember this day," Draper reports Newt Gingrich as saying on the way out. "You’ll remember this as the day the seeds of 2012 were sown."

From blackhistory.com....:D

I refer you to my post #32 above.

jsaxton

The salient point is that they immigrated and became citizens. They did it legally.

RonD1120

From blackhistory.com....:D

I refer you to my post #32 above.

I guess its easy to just dismiss the obvious if it is "THOSE" people that you are running away from down there in Tampa.:S

You KNOW that is exactly what happened just after the election of this president no matter how much you would like to prevaricate about it.

Amazon

Apparently you missed the part of his post where he expressed otherwise...interesting blinders indeed, Jeanne.

Here, I highlighted his statement with bright decoder colors so that you may perceive it:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4655570;search_string=%20Republicans%20destructive%20agenda.;#4655570
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

jsaxton

OK, I;ll admit that was a reach but I have a lot of friends in south america and they tell me that the gang violence is getting really crazy there, maybe not genocidal but defiantly people are in fear of their safety and lives.

So what ever happened to governments in south america taking care of their own people? And furthermore, why is it the USA's responsibility to take care of these people?

You are looking at the surface only. IIRC, we have had ACORN voter fraud; Fast and Furious; the Obamacare debacle in Congress and now reality; Quantitative Easing I, II, III; BHO bowing to Muslim power both physically and in foreign policy; the recurring racial tension escalation beginning with a New England college campus guard and the latest Eric Holder's investigation of a parade float; Benghazi; increasing border tension now with opened flood gates; IRS investigation of conservative non-profit organizations; BHO telling Putin that he would have "more flexibility in his second term;" high unemployment; disruption of leadership among high ranking military; repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act; the abandonment of Israel; a disintegration of U.S. foreign policy to name a few. I'm sure I've forgotten some. I'd like to throw in the VA scandal since I am a victim but the VA has been a nightmare for us for a long time. A North Carolina news station last night reported that 3,000 demonstrations against the border crisis were scheduled for this weekend.

So like I asked, what has materially changed for you since Obama destroyed the American system?

We have not had this much civil unrest since LBJ and the Great Society.

So where are the riots?

may be wrong but almost half of the country is in agreement.

Nope. Half the country might say they'd vote for the other guy, but that sure as hell doesn't mean they'd agree with what you just said.

If we are going to survive as a nation we have to find common ground and pull together.

So what are you doing to find common ground with people who voted for Obama? Hint: asking them to change their minds and agree with you doesn't count.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

So like I asked, what has materially changed for you since Obama destroyed the American system?

We have not had this much civil unrest since LBJ and the Great Society.

So where are the riots?

may be wrong but almost half of the country is in agreement.

Nope. Half the country might say they'd vote for the other guy, but that sure as hell doesn't mean they'd agree with what you just said.

If we are going to survive as a nation we have to find common ground and pull together.

So what are you doing to find common ground with people who voted for Obama? Hint: asking them to change their minds and agree with you doesn't count.

Obama promised hope and change. What we got was an abject failure of a leader and we can only hope he gets changed out for someone who can actually lead this country in a better direction.

Disclaimer: Hillary Clinton isn't remotely worthy to take that position of power.

regulator

we can only hope he gets changed out for someone who can actually lead this country in a better direction.

Disclaimer: Hillary Clinton isn't remotely worthy to take that position of power.

OK - so who is? As of yet, the GOP haven't put up anyone even half way credible who would appeal to all americans, not just the male, white, conservative christian ones. (I'm making an assumption that, rightly or wrongly, any other parties outside the big two aren't likely to get a look in). I'm not a fan of Clinton particularly, but as of yet I haven't seen anyone who I think is any better.

And by "better direction" at least be honest and say "a direction more closely aligned with my political opinions".
Never try to eat more than you can lift

funjumper101

A more clear example of the danger of listening to people like Nutter Beck and Lush Rimjob, and participating in evangelical Christian beliefs cannot be found.

Speaking of Glenn Beck, has anyone noticed what his Mercury One organization has been doing wrt the unaccompanied kids at the border? This may make heads spin on both sides of the aisle.;)

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/07/19/live-updates-mercury-ones-border-relief-event/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It really does not matter who is President of the US, someone is not going to be happy. You cannot elect 1 person which will make everyone happy, someone is going to be butthurt and pissy about it.
The answer to this crisis is likely going to have the same reaction. A decision will be made, and some people will not be happy.
What *I* would like to see is Churches take action and put their money where their mouth is, offer charity and assistance.. There are a lot of Churches with a LOT of money.. What I would like to see is all of these people who say "Let hem stay", without understanding that it is not sustainable, to help house the people. This is going to take a group effort, this is not going to be something the government or state can singularly fix.
Skydiver Survivor; Battling Breast Cancer one jump at a time. DX June 19th 2014
I have been jumping since October 5th 2013.
https://pinkribbonskydiver.wordpress.com/

FreefallingCari

We spend far too much money in other countries when we have BIG problems here in the US.

Agreed.

What we need to do is handle this crisis with their home countries, offer them assistance to control violence, and make sure their citizens can return home. I am not a strategist, so I do not know HOW to help another country control violence, but I know that helping these countries would help our borders.

You just contradicted yourself.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

funjumper101

So a country's gang members are deported or leave their home country, then come here illegally and we shouldn't ship them back?

We caused it, we get to deal with it.

Or those countries could have dealt with their own problems instead of trying to make it another countries.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.