Amazon

Stickin it to the smug Prius drivers.

Public displays of assholeism make me sad for humanity.

This goes from left to right. There is simply no need for that level of jerkiness.

Ever see the mini-Van and SUV Drivers particualrly during morning and afternoon commute in Northern VA? They act like they own the road, drive like no one but them is on it, make up for most of the accidents during these rush hour times and everytime I see them getting pulled over and ticketed, I laugh my @$$ off.

We got some raving rectum Prius drivers as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boomerdog

Ever see the mini-Van and SUV Drivers particualrly during morning and afternoon commute in Northern VA?

Surely your mother taught you that "two wrongs don't make a right?"

This coal spewing modification barely even qualifies as a wrong, it's so fucking stupid and wrong it needs a stronger word. But I also get the sense this is a small number of actual people, but the blogosphere found out and are now all rushing to support/decry the morons doing it.

I would hope that each state's law enforcement would seize and tow to the nearest appropriate emissions garage for repairs, and return the vehicle when the bill is paid.

I would hope that each state's law enforcement would seize and tow to the nearest appropriate emissions garage for repairs, and return the vehicle when the bill is paid.

I was thinking in terms of routing the pipe into the cab of the truck, and making them drive it like that until they get it fixed.

Don

regulator

So you drive a prius yourself and this offends you huh.

Nope.... saw one of them this weekend and then saw the article.

Dumbassery exists... it is far more rare around these parts.

But if this does a great job of yankin yer cranks all the good ole boys go do whatchu gonna do.... bless your little hearts.

kelpdiver

I like that idea!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I like that idea!B|

All they have to do is inspect the truck. If the emissions equipment has been modified, they write a ticket.

The fines for tampering with emissions equipment are rather severe.
I did a quick search, but couldn't find it. IIRC, it can be in the tens of thousands of dollars.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

smug Prius drivers

isn't that redundant with "Prius drivers"?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Boomerdog

Public displays of assholeism make me sad for humanity.

This goes from left to right. There is simply no need for that level of jerkiness.

Ever see the mini-Van and SUV Drivers particualrly during morning and afternoon commute in Northern VA? They act like they own the road, drive like no one but them is on it, make up for most of the accidents during these rush hour times and everytime I see them getting pulled over and ticketed, I laugh my @$$ off.

We got some raving rectum Prius drivers as well.

When my kids learned to drive I taught them to always give an extra watch-out for pickup trucks: type-for-type, most likely to drive aggressively and pull asshole shit without warning "just because they can", and least likely to use their turn signals... pretty much ever.

Andy9o8

When my kids learned to drive I taught them to always give an extra watch-out for pickup trucks: type-for-type, most likely to drive aggressively and pull asshole shit without warning "just because they can", and least likely to use their turn signals... pretty much ever.

where I'm from it's soccer moms - I'm not going to try and guess "why" they drive that way - I don't read minds - my wife is always trying to tell me 'why' that person just cut that other guy off or pull asshole shit - I'm constantly amazed at that. I just respond to how they drive.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Surely your mother taught you that "two wrongs don't make a right?"

Yes, my dear departed saintly mother told me just that!!!!!!

But there's also someone else on this forum who aptly notes that "Two wrongs don't make a right but a left will." Or words to that effect.

All kidding aside, trucks spewing the "coal" are bait over the top but I enjoy the irony of it. But I'm still laughing my ass off every time I see a mini-Van or an SUV (particularly with Maryland plates) get pulled over by the VA State Police...and it happens every day:)

My only complaint about the Prius (and hybrids in general) isn't about them directly, but all those car pool lane stickers people that bought them received.

Car pool lanes are on freeways, where hybrids don't have an efficiency advantage over any other small-engine or diesel car (which didn't get said stickers), and driving alone in your hybrid is just as bad for traffic congestion as driving alone in your dodge viper. So now you pack the car pool lane with more vehicles forcing traffic to stop and start more and negating its entire purpose.

So yeah, if you hum a tune to yourself about saving the planet while driving your Prius alone in the car pool lane during rush hour I hope you crash... ...into another Prius.

But there's also someone else on this forum who aptly notes that "Two wrongs don't make a right but a left will." Or words to that effect.

Three lefts. Who taught you directions!?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Us, too (FWIW). The amount of money saved on gas/maintenance is unbelievable considering my husband drives a lot around town in any given day for his business.

For personal, it is a heck-of-a-lot easier to throw the kayaks on top of the Prius than my SUV.

I do very little driving. When I do, my SUV is amazing for hauling large fuzzy-butts. Removed the third-row seating, threw in a nice, plush carpet with Kongs, and roll down the back window for shnoots to get air time.

The Harley is just for fun. If anything, I understand why people would hate us for that...because we are just throwing out emissions for fun all up and down the coast whilst humming about saving the sea turtles. :|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

and driving alone in your hybrid is just as bad for traffic congestion as driving alone in your dodge viper.

1) That is factually untrue. A Viper would get what, 24 mpg highway, to a Prius that gets 41 mpg even going 80 mph?

2) Hybrids haven't been eligible for HOV stickers in California for many years. It's the Tesla and pure electric drivers that get the benefit now.

When my kids learned to sign contracts I taught them to always give an extra watch-out for ambulance chasing lawyers: type-for-type, most likely to cheat aggressively and pull asshole shit without warning "just because they can", and most likely to lie when the truth would sound better... pretty much ever.

FIFY
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Of course this is an over the top shake your head type of thing these guys are doing. I can understand their desire to protest, but there are better ways to protest. But doesn't the OP of this thread own and operate a big ass pickup truck to pull their big ass boat they have bragged about having? I could care less that the OP needs a pickup truck to haul their big ass boat with. But I do find it ironic that they would be complaining about other pickup truck owners when they themselves drive a pickup truck. Or did they trade their pickup truck in and now tow that big ass boat of theirs in a Smart car, assuming they could even get their big ass into a Smart car. LOL

PS: most people around where I live who don't use their turn signals tend to be the recently arrived immigrants who learned how to drive from other recently arrived immigrants, who learned how to drive from other recently arrived immigrants, who got their license from a Cracker Jack box. Use of your turn signals are common courtesy towards all the other drivers on the road. But relying on a blinking turn signal is just dumb. If you rear end someone because they turned without signalling, it is still your fault, and don't ever rely on a driver actually turning while their lights are blinking. Far too many people are simply not paying close enough attention while they drive.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over