Anvilbrother

ISIS this is what is really going on in the middle east

cvfd1399

Here you go, wonder if its good intel.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/imminent-terrorist-attack-warning-feds-us-border/

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, the government sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to another high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, JW’s sources say. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

Infowars link
http://www.infowars.com/feds-warn-of-imminent-terror-threat-on-u-s-border/

more local news links
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/report-isis-ciudad-juarez-plans-attack-car-bombs-6231.shtml#.VAh08mOK3Os

This is Quade being a denier.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

until they strike us directly in the U.S. (Perhaps another 9-11) we should mind our own fucking business for a change, and stop creating and arming more terrorists.

I really wish I felt like this would work, I personally don't think we have the leadership in either party and certainly not the president to create a solution that doesn't "stop creating and arming more terrorist" In other words I believe you are correct in that any military response we try we are going to piss off (kill) people and perhaps create more terrorists.

But I fear (perhaps you don't or think it's just the price to be paid?) another 9-11 or GREATER and so I don't support a sit and wait approach.

I believe that ISIS may help create forces that want to fight against them with the brutal actions....but it sure seems like a large part of the populations are willing to live under their rule.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Elisha

Maybe Putin will do the dirty work for us? Doesn't seem smart of ISIS/ISIL to provoke Putin.

http://news.yahoo.com/militants-vow-throne-putin-over-syria-support-225140129.html

I wouldn't mind if Putin helped Syria eradicate ISIS in Syria if we would stop helping rebels in Syria and instead focus on eliminating ISIS in Iraq...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Joint Russian/U.S. effort?

Wouldn't that be wild. :)
If ISIS does attack the U.S. can we just attack/bomb their Saudi money backers this time?

Want to stop terrorism? First cut off their funding.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

turtlespeed

***Here you go, wonder if its good intel.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/imminent-terrorist-attack-warning-feds-us-border/

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, the government sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to another high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, JW’s sources say. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

Infowars link
http://www.infowars.com/feds-warn-of-imminent-terror-threat-on-u-s-border/

more local news links
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/report-isis-ciudad-juarez-plans-attack-car-bombs-6231.shtml#.VAh08mOK3Os

This is Quade being a denier.

No attack is required. The US will spend itself into bankruptcy chasing ghosts in the name of homeland security.

>But I fear (perhaps you don't or think it's just the price to be paid?) another
>9-11 or GREATER and so I don't support a sit and wait approach.

I don't either. I would support better defenses against another 9/11 - because that's money spent defending our country from ALL terrorists, not just the latest pissed off extremist group. I would not support going in and killing a whole bunch of people somewhere else because we are afraid of another 9/11, nor would I support arming their enemies. We've made that mistake before.

SkyDekker

No attack is required. The US will spend itself into bankruptcy chasing ghosts in the name of homeland security.

BTW, I still think the Bush 43 Administration didn't think through the name very well. Calling the 50 states the "homeland" was pretty fuckin' stupid and sooo 1936ish Germany.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***No attack is required. The US will spend itself into bankruptcy chasing ghosts in the name of homeland security.

BTW, I still think the Bush 43 Administration didn't think through the name very well. Calling the 50 states the "homeland" was pretty fuckin' stupid and sooo 1936ish Germany.

I am pleased that it was you that went Godwin on this issue.

When 'Homeland Security' was minted, I looked up the equivalent under the Third Reich. However it sounds in German, I am sure that it would have made Himmler proud.

Lenin said that the purpose of terrorism was to terrorize. Given the extent that we have turned into a nation of trembling wimps, compared to which Don Knotts looks like John Wayne, I'd say the islamic swine have hit the jackpot.

It is embarrassing to be amongst such pussies. Welcome to the Future.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

***BTW, I still think the Bush 43 Administration didn't think through the name very well. Calling the 50 states the "homeland" was pretty fuckin' stupid and sooo 1936ish Germany.

Pretty much no way to discuss it in any other terms. Hey, I didn't pick "homeland." I have no flippin' idea how anyone could have not seen the issues with that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Bolas

Joint Russian/U.S. effort?

Wouldn't that be wild. :)
If ISIS does attack the U.S. can we just attack/bomb their Saudi money backers this time?

Want to stop terrorism? First cut off their funding.

Actually, didn't ISIS get rich by knocking off the main bank of Mosul? I think they made off with millions. Cleaned it the fuck out.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Pay attention to what is said & how it's said and you will see that there are a few here that are very good at coming right up to the line without crossing it.
They use that skill to provoke others into crossing the line and getting slapped down.

If provokers try the same foolishness on gun forums, they quickly get banned because responsible gun owners clearly understand that there is a time and a place for humour.
Humour on the firing line will get you outside the perimeter fence faster than a .338 Lapua!

quade

******BTW, I still think the Bush 43 Administration didn't think through the name very well. Calling the 50 states the "homeland" was pretty fuckin' stupid and sooo 1936ish Germany.

Pretty much no way to discuss it in any other terms. Hey, I didn't pick "homeland." I have no flippin' idea how anyone could have not seen the issues with that.

Me neither.

The moment they came up with yet another bureaucratic boondoggle, born of fear and panic, and named it in the style of Josef Goebbels, I did not dare belabor the obvious.

As Bill pointed out, trying to figure out a Russian translation that served as an analogue would have been just as appropriate.

The big difference is that Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti and Geheime Staatspolizei were peopled with very competent - if a tiny bit vicious - personnel (I have met more than a few). Homeland Security, OTOH, makes the Keystone Kops look like seasoned professionals.

TSA, for example, consists of folks who blew their previous job interview because they couldn't remember to ask "do you want fries with that."

Kinda makes me proud to be American.

BSBD,

Winsor

billvon

> I have no flippin' idea how anyone could have not seen the issues with that.

True. Why couldn't they have chosen a name with fewer associations, like "Security for the Fatherland" or "Committee for State Security?"

Or "Minipax" and "Minitrue"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

cvfd1399

Yep made off with 429 million in gold bullion. I don't see why people think they can't get over to America. You can do a lot of terrorism with 429 million!

Its ok. Quade hasn't been slapped in the face with that info yet. He's still in denial.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

hajnalka

Not directed at anyone.

But, damn!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/arab-states-skeptical-of-obama-administrations-plan-to-combat-islamic-state-militants-1410125283

Sounds like local nations want to stay out of it, and are hoping we'll (USA) do all the work.

Screw that [:/]

When you spend decades setting yourself up as the world's policeman, don't be surprised that other nations come to expect it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

When you spend decades setting yourself up as the world's policeman, don't be surprised that other nations come to expect it.

When you spend decades avoiding and denying problems around the world and asking/demanding one country to do and pay for all the work, don't be surprised when you keep doing it when new problems come up.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not directed at you.

This was my introduction to the Yazidi faith, 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyzDlqFnQKY

Reports agree that Yazidis and Kurds were complicit in this stoning death. Evidently honor killings are not uncommon in local communities in Northern Iraq.

This is mainly why I'm so uncomfortable with going after IS. There's no question they're awful. Maybe the Kurds and Yazidis are only locally heinous, while IS wants to do terrorism worldwide.

But, there are a lot of bad players in the area, and I have NO FAITH that we know who the good guys are ... or who the less bad guys are.

We have no strategy. Every time we get involved, it just gets worse ... and worse ... and worse.

I have heard/read that the Kurds have a strong lobbying interest in Washington, but I have no idea if that's true.

I hope we stay out of it, leave them alone to fight their own battles, and protect our country and our interests.

We have no strategy. Every time we get involved, it just gets worse ... and worse ... and worse.
. .
I hope we stay out of it, leave them alone to fight their own battles, and protect our country and our interests.

Agreed. We have a very poor track record when it comes to "fixing" things in the Middle East, and we often just make things worse.