Anvilbrother

ISIS this is what is really going on in the middle east

Anvilbrother

If that were only allowed here for everyone but the few chosen children.

Nope. It's a skill that only a few practice well. Knowing where the line between "rude" and "attack" is.

I find it rather amusing that some here claim the Mods are prejudiced or show favor. It happens, but not as often as some claim.
Pay attention to what is said & how it's said and you will see that there are a few here that are very good at coming right up to the line without crossing it.
They use that skill to provoke others into crossing the line and getting slapped down.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

They use that skill to provoke others into crossing the line and getting slapped down.

'baiting' others is a form of trolling. i'd like to see it get slapped down more consistently also.

but then about 25 people wouldn't be able to post - ever. It's all they have

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wolfriverjoe

It's a skill that only a few practice well. Knowing where the line between "rude" and "attack" is.

It's also pretty subjective. As I just posted in another thread, "one man's blunt assessment of a situation is another man's dick move."

Some people can understand plain talk and others cry like a little girl with sand in her vagina over any opinion they don't agree with. Yet a third type of internet poster takes "great umbrage" at anything and uses it as their way to attempt a "win" by calling out and attempting to shut down another user over something that most people wouldn't even blink at.

Personally, I think that is one of the greater dick moves people make on the internet.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***It's a skill that only a few practice well. Knowing where the line between "rude" and "attack" is.

It's also pretty subjective. As I just posted in another thread, "one man's blunt assessment of a situation is another man's dick move."

Some people can understand plain talk and others cry like a little girl with sand in her vagina over any opinion they don't agree with. Yet a third type of internet poster takes "great umbrage" at anything and uses it as their way to attempt a "win" by calling out and attempting to shut down another user over something that most people wouldn't even blink at.

Personally, I think that is one of the greater dick moves people make on the internet.

Bingo.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Not at you Andy

You all whine too much and run around the topic.

My questions to all the suggestions and finger pointing is what do you think we should do?

I don't think that has an easy answer or one that doesn't come with a sufficient amount of compromise.

I think that's what people need to do place them selves in the shoes of the person who HAS to make a decision. What would you do?

I already said my .02. IN short not our problem i feel bad for people getting killed but that happens all the time. Take care of our own right now.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

;);)

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/06/unorthodox-iraqi-general/#ixzz35Zqtt6hr

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Desperate to stem the tide of ISIS militants overrunning the country, an Iraqi general has put forth a radical proposal of telling his soldiers and fellow officers they should try to defend themselves, and — most shockingly — in some instances, actually counterattack, Duffel Blog has learned.

“We have a quarter of a million troops, while ISIS only has 7,000,” Brig. Gen. Haddad said, trying to plead his case. “We also have tanks, artillery, and air power while they do not. We can put 35 soldiers up to every one of theirs. We would win a crushing victory even with just a half-assed plan of attack.”

While making an interesting case, Brig. Gen. Gabar Haddad has come up against stiff resistance from his fellow generals, who prefer to keep surrendering until American troops come in and fight for them. His suggestion flies in the face of the Iraqi Army’s established doctrine of Flee, Surrender, or Do Both.

“Fight back?” Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki asked amidst shock and laughter. “That’s a good one! We haven’t done that since 1988!”

The numerically-superior Iraqi Army was defeated in Mosul, the country’s second-largest city, in what one general said would be remembered as “a glorious moment for Iraq.”

For now, the strategy of the Iraqi Army is to follow established doctrine of stripping off their uniforms and fleeing in terror, then once the Americans return to implement counterinsurgency doctrine, Iraqi soldiers are to implement insurgency doctrine and bomb them.

“Once they defeat ISIS we will bomb them again,” Gen. Qanbar said of his “friends” the Americans. “It’ll just be like old times. So for now, any Iraqi soldier holding a weapon and wearing a uniform is in violation of a direct order. Our men will give every inch of ground until they reach the sea, and then they will swim.”

In a related story, the Kurdish Peshmerga has vowed to fight ISIS to the death, has taken ground from them, and still cannot be recognized as an actual country.

Would like to remind you all about how you stated ISIS was not a threat to the U.S ever.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-islamic-state-threatens-west-20140903-story.html

Democrat National Counterterrorism Center Director Matthew Olsen stated

At this point, we have no credible information that ISIL is planning to attack the U.S.,” he said, using one of several acronyms for the extremist group. However, if “left unchecked, they would turn their attention to the West -- and potentially to the United States.”

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Because the first thing you know who would have said was, "Yea I bet your glad your republicans are firing up your next war propaganda" just wanted it to be known it was from the left that a recognizition that something has to be done was being said here.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Would like to remind you all about how you stated ISIS was not a threat to the U.S ever.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-islamic-state-threatens-west-20140903-story.html

At this point, we have no credible information that ISIL is planning to attack the U.S.,” he said, using one of several acronyms for the extremist group. However, if “left unchecked, they would turn their attention to the West -- and potentially to the United States.”

Remind me again when they actually do something significant IN the US.

I'm not wishing for that to happen, but I also think it's not very likely. My statement stands.
quade -

quade

***Would like to remind you all about how you stated ISIS was not a threat to the U.S ever.

I'm not wishing for that to happen, but I also think it's not very likely. My statement stands.

At least you have conceded that it is "when" rather than "if".
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

At least you have conceded that it is "when" rather than "if".

That would be a rather simplistic and literal interpretation.

If somebody were to tell you that you had a rats chance in hell of being correct in that interpretation though, I'm not sure you'd have to actually go to hell and wait for the rat in order to find out.

You are, however, welcome to.
quade -

So just for the record do I understand your position to be that until they strike us directly in the U.S. (Perhaps another 9-11) we should do what? ___________ Literally Quade fill in the blank, be specific.

I'm NOT in favor of boots on the ground, it would be great if the local countries would take care of the problem, but do we (USA) just watch them get stronger? If Obama had the ability to rally other countries that would be great but for now that doesn't seem to be going on.

For me to be specific. Cut a deal in Syria -whatever it takes - bomb the pure shit out of them, target (from the air) the leadership and do everything we can to minimize civilian casualties.

If I thought ISIS would stay local I would say don't do a damn thing but arm the kurds, but they have made it clear that they want to attack America.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Here you go, wonder if its good intel.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/imminent-terrorist-attack-warning-feds-us-border/

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, the government sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to another high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, JW’s sources say. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

Infowars link
http://www.infowars.com/feds-warn-of-imminent-terror-threat-on-u-s-border/

more local news links
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/report-isis-ciudad-juarez-plans-attack-car-bombs-6231.shtml#.VAh08mOK3Os

mirage62

So just for the record do I understand your position to be that until they strike us directly in the U.S. (Perhaps another 9-11) we should do what? ___________ Literally Quade fill in the blank, be specific.

Well, I'm not Quade, and in fact, it scares me when I agree with him, but I'll fill it in for you...

until they strike us directly in the U.S. (Perhaps another 9-11) we should mind our own fucking business for a change, and stop creating and arming more terrorists.

Radical concept, I know, and not bloody likely, but there it is.

2 right wing agenda sites and a local Fox News outlet.
Your sourcing is going to have to be a little more solid than that to do anything more than preach to your own choir.

ps, I googled it myself - all the hits were either from right wing agenda sites or "Christian news" sites re-circulating the story among themselves.

Sorry, but my fear isn't mongered.

Mine either, and i'm not a republican so you can take your right wing comments and keep them to yourself. I even questioned the authenticity of the info when I stated this in my first sentence.

Here you go, wonder if its good intel

Slow your roll, and quit glassing over a username, and highlighting a post so you can race to the reply button and bash people man.

I agree we need to get back to taking care of the homeland and fixing america, but that type of letting things go and minding your own business lead to germany getting where they ended up.

Not saying ISIS is that level, or anyone is, but there is a level that someone has to step up and smash people like this. Its finding the trigger point, and who is going to take care of it is the problem we are having. No one knows anymore at what level of terrorism or out right invading of a country is the right point for everyone to feel warm and fuzzy about taking action.

The second part is just WHO is gonna do the work and pay for it. NATO doesn't do shit but sign papers and warn people, stand in line with blue helmets, most other countries wont do anything either. If America steps up, then holy shit were war mongers again. Its a fucked up thing IMO

Do you even try? I asked for a solid source, and the right-wing descriptor was directed at the sites that reported this. You get pretty pissy wasting energy duking it out with people on a personal level here. That's your choice; but it's also our choice how seriously to take you. Or, not.

I asked for a solid source,

First off Andy I wasn't even talking to you, that reply was to Quade.

Second your post was in reply and directed to me, so quit your bullshit.

2 right wing agenda sites and a local Fox News outlet.
Your sourcing is going to have to be a little more solid than that to do anything more than preach to your own choir.