Anvilbrother

ISIS this is what is really going on in the middle east

SkyDekker

Its fucking not! I dont know why you hung up on that one sentence. The whole point was they have an open border to come in here and kill Americans, which is what they said is one of their missions.

Ok hows this. They are going to cross the border with only food and water, which is what we all agree is easy to do. They live in the fucking desert we know they are able to cover large distances of harsh conditions. We all know they are crafty at creating Ied's out of found items, steal guns, buy guns off the street with their 400+ million we know they have. Thats the point, not that they are going to bring guns into the US. Its that they are planning to come to the US and kill americans.

If it is that easy, why haven't they (or any other organization) done it yet?

Because history and reality do not scare conservatives nearly as much as painting a future scenario of this country being overrun by Islamic terrorist. Naturally, theses terrorist will be aided in carrying their weapons across the border by Mexican high school kids, who also have calves the size of cantaloupes.

jakee

It was a serious statement that pointed out the inanity of left wing hypocrisy.

Where's the hypocrisy?

Who's ok with illegal immigrants importing weapons?

Evidently you don't see it as much of an issue.

Apathy and aloofness regarding Illegal walkers, logical conclusion is that you have no problem with it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Good luck to these 300 SO operators that are being sent back by Obama, they have a bulls eye on their backs. Even battle hardened operators are not immune to low down sniper fire, or IED's. 300 is not a lot especially if they are spread out training guys at different camps.

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-to-speak-on-iraq-us-weighs-its-options?ocid=ansnews11&stay=1

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Evidently you don't see it as much of an issue.

Even the OP has admitted it's not an issue. It's a problem that, until shown otherwise, exists purely in your imagination.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I haven't read every post within this blog...but has anyone come across the news that ISIS has seized the Al Muthanna Facility where i.e."stockpiles of chemical munitions are still stored, including Mustard Gas, Sarin, Tabun, and VX. From the article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10910868/Iraq-crisis-Obama-may-launch-air-strikes-without-Congress-amid-calls-for-Maliki-to-go-live.html reference 17.09

Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

Dude, here is the most relevant part of the article you linked as well as more than telling about who is probably behind all of this to begin with;

...as Saudi Arabia warns that Britain and US must not meddle in Iraq

There is quite a bit of speculation going around ISIS is the creation of KSA. It's not difficult to understand why.

I'm not saying this is definitive, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, we should at least ask ourselves if it maybe really is a duck.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/politics/iraq-s-cabinet-blames-saudi-arabia-for-isis-crisis/article/386882
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Channman

Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commander of Britain’s chemical weapons regiment, said that al-Muthanna has large stores of weaponized and bulk mustard gas and sarin, most of which has been put beyond ready use in concrete stores.
“We remain concerned about the seizure of any military site by the [Isis],” Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said. “We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to safely move the materials.”
US officials revealed that the group had occupied the sprawling site which has two bunkers encased in a concrete seal. Much of the sarin is believed to be redundant.
Britain has previously acknowledgeded that the nature of the material contained in the two bunkers would make the destruction process difficult and technically challenging.
One US official told the Wall Street Journal yesterday that Isis fighters could be contaminated by the chemicals at the site. “The only people who would likely be harmed by these chemical materials would be the people who tried to use or move them,” the military officer said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10913275/Isis-storms-Saddam-era-chemical-weapons-complex-in-Iraq.html

Remember Saddam's 'Red Zone' outside Baghdad? There's a reason that didn't happen.

jakee

***Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commander of Britain’s chemical weapons regiment, said that al-Muthanna has large stores of weaponized and bulk mustard gas and sarin, most of which has been put beyond ready use in concrete stores.
“We remain concerned about the seizure of any military site by the [Isis],” Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said. “We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to safely move the materials.”
US officials revealed that the group had occupied the sprawling site which has two bunkers encased in a concrete seal. Much of the sarin is believed to be redundant.
Britain has previously acknowledgeded that the nature of the material contained in the two bunkers would make the destruction process difficult and technically challenging.
One US official told the Wall Street Journal yesterday that Isis fighters could be contaminated by the chemicals at the site. “The only people who would likely be harmed by these chemical materials would be the people who tried to use or move them,” the military officer said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10913275/Isis-storms-Saddam-era-chemical-weapons-complex-in-Iraq.html

Remember Saddam's 'Red Zone' outside Baghdad? There's a reason that didn't happen.

I wonder how many will now step up and apologize for all the bad things they said using the WMDs in Iraq as an excuse to bash Bush?

I wonder . . . Nah . . . I really don't.

Even with evidence clearly in their face, it will still be fun watching them deny that WMDs exist, even now, in Iraq.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I was waiting for somebody to catch that fact.Last time I checked chemical weapons like mustard gas are designated as wmd's. But people have told us Iraq had no WMD. Did we take these over there after we got rid of Saddam?
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

No.

Likely Turtle knows this bit of history but, as usual, is attempting to wind people up over it.

It's a long and sorted history, but goes back to the 80s. Saddam had chemical WMDs he used on his own people and at the end of Iraq 1, part of the deal was they would be destroyed where possible or if it wasn't possible to immediately destroy them, they would be stored, guarded and kept under UN surveillance. This was a big part of what Hans Blix was all about and why he was so important when it came to estimating the Iraq threat pre-invasion.

The issue in Iraq 2 was NOT these weapons, but a supposed "secret" weapons program Saddam had restarted. THOSE turned out to not exist -- just as Blix said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
quade -

Gravitymaster

Because it wasn't a strawman. It was a serious statement that pointed out the inanity of left wing hypocrisy. You and he don't want to comment because you know it's true.

Yes it was. Look up the definition.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

******Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

I wonder how many will now step up and apologize for all the bad things they said using the WMDs in Iraq as an excuse to bash Bush?

Even with evidence clearly in their face, it will still be fun watching them deny that WMDs exist, even now, in Iraq.:ph34r:

Apparently the meaning of the word "weapon" eludes you. Something with no military value is not a WMD.

The WMDs that Bush, Cheney and Powell lied about did not exist. The yellowcake that Bush lied about was a myth.

kallend

*********Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

Apparently the meaning of the word "weapon" eludes you. Something with no military value is not a WMD.

The WMDs that Bush, Cheney and Powell lied about did not exist. The yellowcake that Bush lied about was a myth.

The yellowcake that Bush lied about.

But not the yellowcake that Kerry voted for.

Oh I know the history. I entered the Persian gulf Thanksgiving day 1983. We left march 29th 1984. In between we were protecting the Iraqis oil tankers from Iran.
So pretty much with the relationship we had with Saddam we knew what wmd's he had because we had copies of the invoices. We sold them to the weapons then want to go in and get them cause they have them.:S

Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

turtlespeed

************Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

So Kerry was gullible and believed the lying bastards in the WH and 10 Downing St.

So did a lot of people in this forum (all right wingers, of course). Check the threads from 2003 for confirmation.

BartsDaddy

Oh I know the history. I entered the Persian gulf Thanksgiving day 1983. We left march 29th 1984. In between we were protecting the Iraqis oil tankers from Iran.
So pretty much with the relationship we had with Saddam we knew what wmd's he had because we had copies of the invoices. We sold them to the weapons then want to go in and get them cause they have them.:S

Having them in the 1980s is not the same as having them in 2002-2003.

I had a lot of hair in the 1980s. Somehow it's gone AWOL now.

kallend

***************Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

So Kerry was gullible and believed the lying bastards in the WH and 10 Downing St.

So did a lot of people in this forum (all right wingers, of course). Check the threads from 2003 for confirmation.

So, kerry had no fact checkers under his employ? Was he not able, then, to figure out right from wrong, but all of a sudden, BANG , now he can?:S

Do you actually believe that they themselves went over there, did all the intel work themselves, found nothing, then came back and said fuck it let's lie to the American public?

Do you not think it is possible they were given info by competent people who work in the intelligence field that got it wrong, and went off that info I good faith?

You always act like they themselves said you know what fuck kallend there is no WMD but let's tell him there is anyway.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

turtlespeed

******Chemical Weapons:o...this can't be true:|

You know what, since I even went to the effort of bonding the relevant sections you have no excuse for being so utterly obtuse.

The 'weapons' being discussed are rotting, unusable and irretrievably encased in concrete. Just as they were in 2003.

turtlespeed

So, kerry had no fact checkers under his employ? Was he not able, then, to figure out right from wrong, but all of a sudden, BANG , now he can?:S

Not like Bush, no.

Bush was in a position to tell the intelligence agencies to find WMD. So they went and 'found' WMD. With at least some intel that we know was falsified. Kerry was not in a position to tell the CIA to prove that Iraqs WMD had been disposed of.

There is a functional, real world difference in the positions they were in at that time. Bush could tell them what he wanted to find, Kerry had to rely on what was reported.

Anvilbrother

Do you actually believe that they themselves went over there, did all the intel work themselves, found nothing, then came back and said fuck it let's lie to the American public?

Do you not think it is possible they were given info by competent people who work in the intelligence field that got it wrong, and went off that info I good.

It's possible, but very unlikely, IMO. Very, very early in the process the public position of the US/UK gifts was 'we know they have them and we're going to prove it'. That doesn't half put a lot of pressure on a lot of people to find the evidence that the bosses want. And in hindsight, given how shoddy we know some of that intelligence work turned out to be, I think that's most likely what happened.

ISIS is supported by Saudi Arabia which is supported by us.

We were warned of the ISIS by Iran, we chose not to listen which is understandable as Iran is not our allies......Yet.

As for Illegal immigrants anyone with bad intention can do bad things in the US, it is the price of living in a free society.

I think whenever we get involved we make more terrorists by giving them real motivation. When you kill people, and destroy someones lands i think its logical to assume they would hate you and want pay back.

So what to do? Do you risk your people to save others but with out any guarantee that the result will not be worst in the long run? Do we sit back and let people get murdered by the thousands?

Most people including me hate it when America plays world police, however i did like it in Libya. Maybe its in the way we do it?

I don't know at the end of the day i like to put my self in the shoes of the soldiers that will pay the price.

Would i go right now to help? No no fucking way would i risk losing my arm leg mind or life for some people around the world. Call me selfish whatever but if your not willing to die then don't send others too.

It sucks but bad stuff happens all the time you would be consumed by depression if you allow it to effect you. So until there on our shores i am going to watch the world cup in my beautiful safe America.

I will pray for the people........which is doing nothing but i can feel good about my self by thinking that i am.

AHHH Humans B|

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Anvilbrother

Do you not think it is possible they were given info by competent people who work in the intelligence field that got it wrong, and went off that info I good faith?

You always act like they themselves said you know what fuck kallend there is no WMD but let's tell him there is anyway.

They heard what they wanted to hear, and disregarded what they didn't want to hear. That has been well established.

They (Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld) even created their own Office of Special Plans to provide them with the intelligence they wanted to hear.

kallend

They (Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld) even created their own Office of Special Plans to provide them with the intelligence they wanted to hear.

While I agree with most of what you said, I have evolved on this and do not think GWB actually knew what was going on -- at all -- until very near the end of his Presidency. I think if you really want to know who was in charge of the US during the GWB Presidency, you need look no further than the signatory members of the PNAC who received appointments to powerful positions within it and all coordinated by Cheney. I think GWB was a puppet President in the true sense of the word.
quade -